• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wrecked bronco what is it worth

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
What is my wrecked bronco worth? Should I sell it whole or piece it out?
Insurance company totaled vehicle due to frame damage. Other damages include grill, radiator, radiator support, dr fender, dr fender well.
Frame is bent where the front bumper attaches on both side.
Bronco is painted inside and out with speedliner.

I am looking for a replacement bronco and will most likely remove some parts to complete the new bronco. Since I am not looking for a project this time is should be minor things like A/C.

Here is a sample of what I have, everything has less than 2k miles.
Power steering (early bronco)
Classicair AC
Explorer serpentine set up
302 crate motor
Powerjection III (fuel injection)
New tire/wheels
1 in body lift
2.5 in suspension lift
New springs
New Bilstein shocks
Complete new wiring harness
Push button start (flaming river)
Automatic light sensor to turn on and off exterior lights
Rebuilt c4 trans
New c bushing and every other rubber piece is new
New 13 gal gas tank
Heavy duty rear bumper
Wince (8674) good for parts
New black and white hounds tooth interior front and rear seats (front seats heated)
Tuffy console
Power brakes
New gas and brake lines
Ford front disk brakes (79 bronco)
New warn hubs
New adjustable suspension (drag link, track bar)
Rebuilt/restored gauges
New mirrors, door handles, body side moldings
New powdered coated door hinges (black)
Fiberglass hood

Attachments

• IMG_6116.jpg
    IMG_6116.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_6113.jpg
    IMG_6113.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_6106.jpg
    IMG_6106.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_5231.jpg
    IMG_5231.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_5228.jpg
    IMG_5228.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_5237.jpg
    IMG_5237.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_6107.jpg
    IMG_6107.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_6105.jpg
    IMG_6105.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 303

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
You have a lot of goodies in that. Call me crazy but it doesn't look all that bad. I'd fix her back up.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
It looks like you have a very nice Bronco there. A good body man can fix that frame and weld in a new core support. The rest is bolt on parts. Take the insurance money (after you argue with them about the worth of the Bronco) and fix it yourself.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Fix it - not that bad. Frame is square tube anyway - super easy to replace what is bent with fresh metal.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Your answer is relevant to the going prices of ebs in texas. Just like CA, Texas has some high prices for EBs. From my own opinion, I would say that your EB, the way it stands can fetch between $3500 to $6500, maybe $7000.

Goodies are goodies, but that doesn't mean the next owner will want them. Plus, I've learned long time ago, doesn't matter how much you put into a project, a "regular joe" will never get what they put into it. Especially, if they are emotionally attached to the rig.

I say, keep it and fix it. Best of luck!

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
Yes they salvage titles in Texas. Not sure how it will be handled on mine since I hold the title. They indicated they will not insure the vehicle.. We have agreed on a settlement, it cost me $ to keep the bronco.

I agree the bronco is fixable, just not sure I have the time to invest. Since I built it for my daughter I am sure she would like to get back into a bronco soon and not the 4- 6 months it would take me to sort out the damage.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
OK, from the pics I must be missing something because that "frame damage" is not damage IMO. It's tweaked sure but nothing I couldn't fix with a come along, chain, tree and a few hammers.

No way I would scrap that rig......NO FREAKING WAY

Just went through this with my insurance company on brand X car. Wife was sitting at a light, some dude on a cell phone pounds her. Front and rear damage......Insurance company totals it.

They paid me like $3100 and I bought it back for $500. $1800 to fix it including paint at the body shop. The strange thing is...I kept my original title. I ask them about it and they were like NOPE, you keep it. So really, I have a clean title and a car the insurance company totaled.

What did they value the rig at and what is the buyback? Must have been LOW value placed on it.

Tim

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Depending on how hard it is to straighten your frame, that doesn't look too bad. If it's not able to be straightened;

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224556

If you don't have time or facilities to fix it, I'd try and sell it complete to someone here. There's plenty of other insurance companies out there. Salvage title isn't the end of the world. Other thing is do you have receipts for what was invested in the truck? Can always fight the value and the total loss evaluation.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Insurance company totaled vehicle due to frame damage. Other damages include grill, radiator, radiator support, dr fender, dr fender well."

If the Frame is just the front horns that hold the bumper, that's nothing to fix. If the damage to it is back further that's another story, but still not that much to fix. You should box your frame ends anyway so repairing it and boxing it should be that much. The grill is $450 new. I sold a good used one for $200. On-line aluminum radiators are under $200. radiator support looks like you can bend it back in shape. If not, an aftermarket one is $200. New Fender is under $200. Apron is $75 and the wheel well, well, hammer it back in shape. If you're replacing the apron then a wheel well is like $75 too. So you can rebuild it for about $1000 in parts. If you can mig or tig, the core, apron, and wheel well are easy. I did mine in about 5 hours as a beginner (just the removing of the old metal and welding in the new, not taking out the radiator etc.). The fender and grill are bolt on, as it the radiator. The Frame, if it's just the front and you didn't tweek the squareness of it is maybe $50 in metal and some easy welding. This is completely doable for under a $3000.

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
Your answer is relevant to the going prices of ebs in texas. Just like CA, Texas has some high prices for EBs. From my own opinion, I would say that your EB, the way it stands can fetch between $3500 to $6500, maybe $7000.

Goodies are goodies, but that doesn't mean the next owner will want them. Plus, I've learned long time ago, doesn't matter how much you put into a project, a "regular joe" will never get what they put into it. Especially, if they are emotionally attached to the rig.

I say, keep it and fix it. Best of luck!

I agree goodies are goodies and if the vehicle is sold as is some goodies may not interest a new owner. But I also know all of the goodies are wanted buy someone if parted out. parting out means more work and a longer ROI.

I am not looking to get what I have in it and do not have an emotional attachment it is simply a business equation. based on my calculations I should be able to part it out for well over 6500 based on what I see parts going for in the for sale forum.

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
"Insurance company totaled vehicle due to frame damage. Other damages include grill, radiator, radiator support, dr fender, dr fender well."

If the Frame is just the front horns that hold the bumper, that's nothing to fix. If the damage to it is back further that's another story, but still not that much to fix. You should box your frame ends anyway so repairing it and boxing it should be that much. The grill is $450 new. I sold a good used one for $200. On-line aluminum radiators are under $200. radiator support looks like you can bend it back in shape. If not, an aftermarket one is $200. New Fender is under $200. Apron is $75 and the wheel well, well, hammer it back in shape. If you're replacing the apron then a wheel well is like $75 too. So you can rebuild it for about $1000 in parts. If you can mig or tig, the core, apron, and wheel well are easy. I did mine in about 5 hours as a beginner (just the removing of the old metal and welding in the new, not taking out the radiator etc.). The fender and grill are bolt on, as it the radiator. The Frame, if it's just the front and you didn't tweek the squareness of it is maybe $50 in metal and some easy welding. This is completely doable for under a $3000.

Yes it appears to be the front horns. I do not have a mig or tig so all of the welding would have to be outsources. Insurance estimate was over 6k to fix. Parts were about half of that price..

I did 99% of the wrenching on this build so it not that I can not do the work, it is more of a time issue.

One of my options is keeping it and fixing it over time, but that creates another set of problems with space.

PaveBronco

Welders are cheap, do what I did get some scrap and start practicing
Got mine from Harbor Freight years ago and its still going strong.

170 Amp MIG/Flux Wire Welder - Chicago Electric Welding Systems - item#68885
General purpose wire welder for hassle-free welding

Only: $299.99
Sale: $199.99

OP
OP
Z

zbronco

Loc.
Houston
What is the rust situation like on the Bronco?

No rust to speak of, the floor pans, fender well were replace. It had some very small rust hole in rear corners that were welded up when repairs were being done prior to paint..

01Dudley

Loc.
Knoxville
"I agree the bronco is fixable, just not sure I have the time to invest. Since I built it for my daughter I am sure she would like to get back into a bronco soon and not the 4- 6 months it would take me to sort out the damage."

So you would rather gut this very nice Bronco. Reinstall all the "Goodies" (a/c, fuel injection, gas tank / pump, serp set up, etc) on another Bronco that you will probably have to put new quarters, fenders, wiring, paint, and interior in anyway(unless you are going to spend a ton of cash) than fix this one? And you have based this off my daughter would like her Bronco back sooner than 4-6 months? If you did all the work on that Bronco why could you not easily fit it? Sounds like you can do everything except paint? Or did you also paint it? Sorry I'm not understanding the logic here. By the time we are all finished discussing it you could have the bumper and grill off. I bet you could fix the fender and core support.

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Yup, stop procrastinating and start taking it apart. Its not that bad, lol.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Why would you listen to an insurance company adjuster...anyway....Their job is to pay you as little as they possibly can! !! The bronco is not damaged to badd at all. Lets make a list of whats needed....A radiator...a core support, a grill, a hood...possibility of steering parts...I see maybe $right 1500... In parts to get you back out there...am I wrong...Call in Some Favors ...and wait an see....good luck...and don't sell it...