• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

buildabronco.com

rlm18

Loc.
Broken Bow, OK
Just heard about buildabronco.com. really??? i have been wanting a bronco for years but do not have the place tools or knowleged to restore one. is there a place like that closer to arkansas?

RyanITV

Loc.
Lewes, DE
Just heard about buildabronco.com. really??? i have been wanting a bronco for years but do not have the place tools or knowleged to restore one. is there a place like that closer to arkansas?

For what its worth, they came and picked my basket case of a project up here in Delaware and are delivering it this spring when it's wrapped up.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Reach out to Bailie Bilt in OK, maybe he can do something for ya..

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Another option is........

Send a PM to 66ALRIDE on this forum. He builds broncos when he is not working for the police department. He does EXCELLENT work. He has done several builds and he has documented them here on this website.

Here is the latest build that he just picked up over the weekend:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199318

Also, he has links to some of his build threads at the bottom of each of his posts. He is located in Dothan AL.

Check him out....

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
I go by his shop and talk broncos and help him work on them from time to time. His work is awesome for sure!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Everyone listed here has a good rep on the board. You can't go wrong with any of them!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All good advice. I haven't seen any of these guys cut corners, top notch work. You really can't go wrong with these choices.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
There is several great builders out there. Talk to some of the guys on the forum and see if you can't find a builder close to you.

If you do find someone near you, be careful on the time for a rebuild. Most body shops are after insurance jobs and that is where they make their money. So a restoration will be put on the back burner until they have time to work on it at their leisure. Take your time and pick someone that has a good reputation and loves doing restorations.

Last edited:

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Come on over, I'll show you how to do it. It's not only easy it's fun!

Brian B

For what it's worth 66ALRIDE helped me get my Bronco finished and I am very pleased with his work. He delievered what he promised. If I ever need help again there's no doubt who I will be calling. You can find my build here on classic it's titled Brian B's 75 half cab build. PM me if you want to talk in more detail and I'll give you my cell number.

Old Timer

Loc.
Warrenton
Food for thought

For what it’s worth - being on the east coast I called and talked to most of the previously mentioned vendor and couldn’t say a bad word about them (would have worked with any of them - delivery times forced me to look elsewhere). I however, ended working with a vendor out west and had a horrible two year experience. Therefore, whoever you decide to part your money with make sure they are in driving distance so you can pop in time to time. Otherwise, you may end up with something unexpected being delivered to your door.

OP
OP
rlm18

rlm18

Loc.
Broken Bow, OK
For what its worth, they came and picked my basket case of a project up here in Delaware and are delivering it this spring when it's wrapped up.

oh man! that is encouraging. that might be me. my friends are trying to talk me into restoring one myself