• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If Saddleup has your money read this

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I do not think we have to worry about him coming back here. A shame too, he was a great part of the community until he went to the dark side. Now he is prowling the other board and is slowly gaining their trust, what then, does he just stop answering them after he has taken as much as he can and move to the next one?
I think the worse thing is he is on the other board acting like he did nothing wrong.
No I did not loose anything, but we were in discussions about a Fastback top for my project, I am sad for the ones he stroked, but happy I took as long as I have on my project or I would be on the other side.

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
I'm at the point that I only want my money back because I'm sure he's just going to throw something together to get us off his back so he can continue on like before.

I would have to agree. Possibly he is trying to sell enough other product to buy materials to go back and satisfy the half dozen or so that he essentially stole from. If he has a registered and incorporated business, he should take out a business loan and pay those "half dozen" back. Then the slate is clean and he can continue with his business. He could write it off as a business loss and move on. What Justino and the otherz here are doing with reporting it is the right thing to do. What can also be done, if he hasn't incorporated and protected himself, is to put a lein on his house if he owns it. You might or might not get your $$ some day, but it would be an encumbrance on his title and make the house harder to sell. Not having a clear title at selling is not good. Might cost something for paperwork handling (county document fee) but I think it could be done remotely. I see this all the time down here with contractors. Guys start a business doing home improvement or roofing or whatever, business takes off, they hire others to do the physical labor, they go out and continue to sell, a job or two goes bad (unexpected costs), he is low bidding to get work, he realizes he's in the hole and pulls crews off the stinker job and continues to sell. There's people down here out $20K for roofing deposits that the companies never came back. Those guys are usually slick enough to incorporate so when the legal papers start coming in they declare bankruptcy, maybe move to a new address, then start all over again. True dirtbags that DO deserve a home visit. Maybe Rick will someday satisfy. Seems the squeaky wheel gets the grease with him, but I would not doubt he would push something out the door just to get it done--ask Bax about the welds... Good luck and I hope you all get your $$ back.

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
Okay, I always think this, but I'll say it this time:

$2k+ for a cover? Does no one else just use a tarp like me?

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
I wonder if he will be trail leader for SOB this year......uhm
that would be funnay. how many broncos would loose him
yeah CC cops dont seem to do all that much
hence I moved to OR

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
I wonder if he will be trail leader for SOB this year......uhm
that would be funnay. how many broncos would loose him
yeah CC cops dont seem to do all that much
hence I moved to OR

I was just thinking about SOB this year too, I'd kinda be suprised if he even showed.....

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
contact the city of vancouver. Tell them he doesn't have a business lic probably doesn't have a home occupation permit the state dept of revenue can get him if he has not paid the sales tax for these items.

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
I was just reading the ih8mud posts and it's amazing that most of those guys are taking offense that some EB guys are trying to help them out by warning them about this dumbasses issues. It will be interesting to see if he'll continue to be a 'stand-up guy' with them or sweet talk them out of their money. I really hope this guy goes down.....

vertex

Loc.
Oregon City
Unfortunately he is not in the Vancouver city limits and he does not meet the requirements for a Clark County minor home business permit. He does need to have a business license to conduct business in the state of Washington and he dose need to pay his B/O taxes and sales tax. I guess you could contact the Vancouver office of the Washington State Department of Revenue and report a business operating without a business license.

http://dor.wa.gov/content/ContactUs/localoffices/con_loc_vanc.aspx

Hoppy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gresham, OR
I was just thinking about SOB this year too, I'd kinda be suprised if he even showed.....

call me evil but I bet he will sjow up
he normally hangs out in the west winds parking area with a bronco group
im running a blank on the groups name but if you look over at Bfix you might get that groups name

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
shame, I got one of his first covers, probably 2 yrs ago, its top quality and I use it all the time.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I can promise you that Clark County (Vancouver) will not do a thing. I personally caught a guy with my stolen property. The sheriff was called and he essentially told them to give it back and don’t do it again.

I have held my tongue long enough. I thought that Rick was an ass clown from my first contact with him and it makes me furious that he would write what he did.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
kyle, ass clown is the perfect name for "saddlebags"!!!;D that is too funny. im sure he told the guys over there that were are just a bunch of bullies picking on him. what a joke!
oh well, lets give 'em something to talk about over there:
SADDLEBAGS! SADDLEBAGS! NEENER! NEENER! NEEEENER! HA! HA!
ok i feel like im in 3rd grade again!:cool:

ckriz

Loc.
Central Oregon
I thought that Rick was an ass clown from my first contact with him and it makes me furious that he would write what he did.

My thoughts excactly. I have other reasons why I think of him this way(Zombie knows why). But after reading all these post's about the great toothless one, it only solidifies my thinking.

Red steed

Loc.
Taylorsville N.C.
Rick's had our money since 4/23/07 and still no top. Last night we saw he was answering other emails from the famous "half dozen" so I decided to give it another shot. We asked him to have some dignity and give us our money back or at least give us a ship date...This is his response:
I’m trying to get your top out by the end of March. I have 2 tops I expect to ship in the next week or so and then it looks like yours will be at the top along with one other.

Rick Halle

This is an email from 8/16/07 which was his last contact to us - not our last contact to HIM but his last to us:

It will be completed in the next group which I'll be working on week after next. (The current group of 4 that I am working on will be done next week)
Rick Halle

I agree with bighorn, I'm ready to just get my money back. This guy is going to screw us over with a mock up job and then I'm still going to be out. We also filed a complaint last night with the Internet Fraud Complaint Center - http://www.ic3.gov
I felt sorry for this guy too for about 3 months and then I started to get pissed off and then when we called and emailed way too many times without response I knew this guy was taking our money and spending it to make someone's top that ordered one 6 months before I did. Our last phone conversation with him last year, Rick said that he was putting all trail covers ahead of these full tops because he could make more money off the trail covers and produce them quicker. That is what really started the !@#&@(#&@#( on my part!

I urge everybody involved already to file a complaint with the above website. Thanks for your support!

csjr

Loc.
Lighthouse Point, FL
I remember one of the other posts/threads stating he was making improvements to his Bronco and proudly posting pics and writeups here, all the while customers were waiting months--soon to be years--for delivery. HE DON'T CARE....

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
What can also be done, if he hasn't incorporated and protected himself, is to put a lein on his house if he owns it. You might or might not get your $$ some day, but it would be an encumbrance on his title and make the house harder to sell. Not having a clear title at selling is not good. Might cost something for paperwork handling (county document fee) but I think it could be done remotely.

He doesn't own his home, he rents. I have not contacted his land lady yet, but I do have her number.