• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blueprint 306CI crate with Sniper EFI

BobL

morning
Looking for general feedback on the Blueprint 306CI crate engine Bronco edition. Looking to swap it in to my ’76 Bronco. i will keep my existing manual transmission.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I looked at doing this a while ago. Apparently, it is not plug-and-play like the name implies.

Some info here.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I looked at doing this a while ago. Apparently, it is not plug-and-play like the name implies.

Some info here.
What makes it not "plug and play"?...I've had great results with the self-tuning features in current generation Holley EFI equipment. I know there have been reports of some quality issues recently, and there are the RFI problems that some encounter (including myself on a Holley HP MPFI install...drove me nuts til I figured out the cause).

Jarrett h

Loc.
Le Claire, IA
That seems like a lot of money for a motor using a cast rotating assembly & a used block. Doesn't appear to have a name brand intake manifold as well. The only thing I can see that makes this a "bronco" is the script on the valve covers.

My motor runs remarkably w/ a sniper, I wouldn't have any concerns. I can literally set the timing curve on the handheld within a few seconds -

Last edited:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Check with Blueprint, the may be using there new castings now. That is, a new block. And that will get you the clutch pivot hole that you will want with the stock transmission.

Timmy390

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Conway, AR
Check with Blueprint, the may be using there new castings now. That is, a new block. And that will get you the clutch pivot hole that you will want with the stock transmission.
True but I wouldn't pay extra for it just having the clutch pivot when you can use the below on any roller block for $20 :) Used it for a few years then went M5ODR2. I got it in a box someplace...lol
https://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/EFI_Clutch_Equalizer_Conversion_Bracket/Early_Bronco_Clutch

All in 7K or more for an engine? OUCH.......

Tim

dd

morning
Looking for general feedback on the Blueprint 306CI crate engine Bronco edition. Looking to swap it in to my ’76 Bronco. i will keep my existing manual transmission.
Have their 306 with sniper. Totally plug and play. 4200 miles No issues other than paint on block starting to look weak. Using it with an AOD which they say is not compatible, used Lokar kickdown cable and works fine. Mine is not the new block they use now.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
morning
Read the link in post #2 that BGBronco posted. Particularly what James Roney posted on this topic.
Lots of info/advice on what you need to keep.

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
I did not have good luck with my BP 306, and ring broke with less than 50 miles. Good luck !

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
So finally torn down 306, and found BP had bored 30 but used 20 rings, so caused the massive blow by. What happens on assembly line engines. Another life lesson, and moving on.