• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
[mention]Yeller [/mention] I’m not ready for 3 or 4 link! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hunter1

Contributor
Loc.
Maryville, Tn
Working on fabbing up a copycat console. Ran out of Argon for the welder and had to use self tappers to hold it together till I get gas. Changed dimensions some so I can install cup holders in the flat section in front of the lid. Also cutting an opening in the lower flat section at the front to hold a cell phone. View attachment 922929 View attachment 922930
Lid built and installed, lock installed, and cup holders installed. Still need to finish welding and installing the lid padding.

Attachments

• IMG_1994.jpeg
    IMG_1994.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1991.jpeg
    IMG_1991.jpeg
    310.4 KB · Views: 26

Contributor
I installed the Explorer serpentine Saginaw conversion bracket from Wild Horses. The bolts it came with were one size too big for the bolt holes on my head. Popped over to the hardware store and got the correct bolts and it went on no problem. Very nice bracket!

IMG_4411.jpeg

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I always hate to post my small, incremental updates but that's all I have.

Tuffy Console Pad in Parchment.

View attachment 923965
Looks great! Just did the same thing to mine.
Now I’m contemplating painting the whole console either parchment, Wimbledon white, or some variation on the theme of white and/or blue.
Going with the parchment floor mats so it seems like a parchment console would be kind of overkill in the white department.
But maybe not.

Are those Pro car seats?

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
Looks great! Just did the same thing to mine.
Now I’m contemplating painting the whole console either parchment, Wimbledon white, or some variation on the theme of white and/or blue.
Going with the parchment floor mats so it seems like a parchment console would be kind of overkill in the white department.
But maybe not.

Are those Pro car seats?
Thank you. The seats from Tom's. I've seen a few painted Tuffy boxes and they don't really look right to me based on the texture.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks. That’s what had me worried.
Too much of one color, or the wrong color for the look. I just don’t think matching my body color would be a great idea either.
A dark blue would be one thing, but a light peacock blue I think would be too garish in the interior. For a 50s T-Bird maybe, but not so sure about a Bronco.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Learning Member
Loc.
Paris, MS
All I did lately is get some of the engine bay that I won’t be able to paint after it’s back together. Eventually I’ll have it all painted and back together.

Randy

Attachments

• IMG_3399.jpeg
    IMG_3399.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3398.jpeg
    IMG_3398.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 37

Soylent

Contributor
Loc.
California
Nice. I’m thinking that I might be moving to the T-Rex arms in the future. How much lift are you running? Does it handle better with the t-rex arms?
I’ve only driven it a few miles. I didn’t have any big issues before like speed wobbles but it does feel like there is more “substance” when turning the wheel side to side. I did notice backing out of In n Out tonight that there is no more rubbing of the 33’s on the frame at full turn.

Ether

Contributor
Loc.
Tulsa
@Soylent the steering will feel heavier with that much caster. Looks good! Just installed Solo Motorsports arms, and landed at 5.5-6 degrees. Looking forward to driving it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brush Hog

Contributor
Loc.
NorCal
Installed Helwig rear anti sway bar. The front helped a ton gotta say I like how it drives with the rear installed too. Ride is smoother rear doesn’t squat in turns or when accelerating.