• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pilgrim's Progress

OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey, it's all clean!!! Now get back to work!!!:cool::cool::cool:
Yessir, I did, not that it made lot of difference. Logic would seem to dictate that a lot of time between posts would equate to a lot of progress between posts. Well, not so much here in beautiful westMichigan. Darn squirrels, anyway. Did get the roll cage finally connected from one end to the other, though. Not finally, finally done, but finally complete from end to end. Oh, and I did get a start on the rear seat mounting. The vinyl floor is not finally-

20240710_113620.jpg
finished in, but it's good enuff for now in. Oh, and Shimmy, don't be lookin' at my booger welds. 1720655252736.jpeg Oh, and I may have gotten the ebrake situation figured out. 1720655561550.jpeg Just had to howardize it a bit to be sure I'd never be able to find replacement parts.

Also, just an fyi, got the shift cable working at the C4 now, but not yet at the shifter. Maybe I'll just cut a hole in the floor and shift by hand right at the tranny.

OP
OP
Howard2x4x4

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awright, maybe an update, maybe not, and maybe I'll be passin' this way again, maybe more than once. Wanted to bring the horse to a hometown car show, but, once again, it was not to be. Got the shifter to work, sorta, but couldn't get the wheels to turn, which is a pretty much a gotta-have thing. Called up a local good ole boy who stopped by and said that the modulator had to have a vacumn line connected to the intake manifold in order to work. Who knew? So I got some pieces and parts and started to putze.

{Insert popcorn here)

INSERT BRIEF INTERMISSION HERE

Didn't know it was a double feature, did you.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
I didn't know you were so great at multi-tasking, Howard! Mechanic, orator, and videographer with a Bronco! Congrats!! Keep after it!