• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1968 V8 Roadster 4 Sale

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
ill be following! I sold a 68 u13 289 a little while back. I wondered if this was the same bronco, because of the WA history, but different VIN . Close though lol.

ngsd

Bronco Guru
Were you able to get a reserve listing or is it a no reserve auction there?

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
carter2772 - very interesting, was the one you sold registered on the U13 site? Mine was originally sold from Boyer FORD Sales out of Oak Harbor, Washington.
I would love to see some pictures of the 1968 U13 you owned / sold and I'm sure the people following this thread would love to as well, got some pics to share?

okie4570 - yes, I listed it on the U13 site awhile back and Tim is actually one of the guest with 'special words' in the posted Bronco Driver article on this Roadster. Tim really helped the U13 community greatly, much props to him for creating that site.

ngsd - as much as they pushed for a 'no reserve' listing, I held my position and listed with a reserve.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
carter2772 - very interesting, was the one you sold registered on the U13 site? Mine was originally sold from Boyer FORD Sales out of Oak Harbor, Washington.
I would love to see some pictures of the 1968 U13 you owned / sold and I'm sure the people following this thread would love to as well, got some pics to share?

okie4570 - yes, I listed it on the U13 site awhile back and Tim is actually one of the guest with 'special words' in the posted Bronco Driver article on this Roadster. Tim really helped the U13 community greatly, much props to him for creating that site.

ngsd - as much as they pushed for a 'no reserve' listing, I held my position and listed with a reserve.

Yes I knew yours was, I was wondering if Tim had Carter's info.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
okie4570 - oh ok, that is a good question, i just asked him, that would be cool to see a new one, that would make it 27 so I am curious??

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Carter 2722, have we corresponded over the years? I do have two WA roadsters in the '68 roadster file. Can you share the vin of the rig you sold? Thanks, Tim

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
Sorry for the slow reply guys. Im pretty sure you have the info. Mark at Beach City bought it from me a while back and is doing a full resto to my knowledge.

It was in pretty rough shape. I stumbled across it around 12 years ago, it was going to scrap and i bought it for parts. As we were writing a bill of sale, i grabbed the vin and realized it was a u13. I always wanted to restore it, but it just sat for years so i decided to let it go. Im glad it went where it did.

Attachments

• 20211004_134634.jpg
    20211004_134634.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 208259263_10223005381074960_5235325293388818342_n.jpg
    208259263_10223005381074960_5235325293388818342_n.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 75
OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
yes, I remember that one too. I believe Mark shared that one with me awhile back. I'm trying to zoom in and see the 68 mirror holes on the fender? Another thing I noticed it kind of looks like a 68 mirror bracket on the moss green Bronco sitting to the right? Very cool find either way, can we confirm if that is #26 or is it now #27 known to exist? I see the U13'N' and the 289 badge so that is cool.

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
yes, I remember that one too. I believe Mark shared that one with me awhile back. I'm trying to zoom in and see the 68 mirror holes on the fender? Another thing I noticed it kind of looks like a 68 mirror bracket on the moss green Bronco sitting to the right? Very cool find either way, can we confirm if that is #26 or is it now #27 known to exist? I see the U13'N' and the 289 badge so that is cool.
The bronco to the right of it is an Aug 65 built u13.... I dont have any better pics of the fender of the 68 on my computer... I was lucky to stumble across a couple pretty rare broncos!

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
very cool Timmy, thanks for the confirmation.
I don't think its ever been asked if anybody out there has another 1968 U13 Roadster not on the registry? anybody have one??

15 days and I deliver mine to the chopping block. One scary price prediction of $55/$65K, lots of compliments and some 'good lucks'.
Does anyone know of any interested bidding parties? I know being sold in Monterey it could end up in a Ferrari or Rolls Royce collection but would be cool if it went to somebodys Bronco corral as well. I'm hoping for a good day and a solid sale price. thanks for all the compliments

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
markatherton - coming from someone who knows and understands the Bronco's well, I agree, hope, support and appreciate your price prediction.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
ngsd and Mr. Todd Z - I 100% appreciate the love.

Big return and big win are all in my grab but along with that I would love for this rare Roadster and this rare Roadster market to get some major love and support as well.
I would also love for this auction to put these 'silent sleeping highly collectible 4 wheel drives' (as Wayne Carini stated) planted largely on the map.
The 'original' 66-77 Bronco's are a deserving and surviving breed with some beautiful examples of original paint, uncut, Stroppe, Explorer, Ranger, Wagon, Halfcab and Roadster model Broncos out there. So many preserved, beautifully restored and remarkable Broncos out there that have gained a decent amount of value and notoriety but still could gain a larger platform in this worlds automotive collector market.

I really like what the Mecum content writer put in my description and definately sums a part of what I am talking about above:

"this rarely-seen Ford Bronco U13 Roadster is 1 of only 212 built for the 1968 model year that would prove its last. Ford introduced its first-generation 1966 Bronco in three body styles
- the open - top doorless U13 Roadster, short-roof U14 Sports Utility pickup and long-roof U15 Wagon. The short-lived Roadster went missing from the 1969 lineup and the Wagon was the lone Bronco for 1973. This restored Roadster was originally built on January 13, 1968, for the DSO 74 Seattle Ordering District, first sold new at Boyer Ford in Oak Harbor, Washington, and stands as 1 of only 26 examples known to exist"

once again, thank you for all the compliments and comments, keep em coming.