• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA 1968 V8 Roadster 4 Sale

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There were more v8 68' u13 than 6cyl, so if one is truly into rarity, that would be the one. I messed up big just because I didn't want to drive from OK to FL about 3y ago. 68' u13 with 6cyl, $3800..........dumb.
No, no, not even close. Dumb is selling second owner original untouched uncut U13 with dealer softop and warn winch and bumper for $10,000, right before the EB craze started.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
73azbronco - what engine, what color, what year, was the 'second owner original untouched uncut U13 with dealer softop and warn winch and bumper for $10,000' ?
you got any pics to share?
that sounds like a cool rig.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
No, no, not even close. Dumb is selling second owner original untouched uncut U13 with dealer softop and warn winch and bumper for $10,000, right before the EB craze started.
That makes me feel better for me, but worse for you haha. Maybe someone will come along and top us both??? We can only hope lol. Happen to have the vin and original color of that u13? I can see if I have it documented with my others.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
very cool Timmy, thanks for the confirmation.
I don't think its ever been asked if anybody out there has another 1968 U13 Roadster not on the registry? anybody have one??

15 days and I deliver mine to the chopping block. One scary price prediction of $55/$65K, lots of compliments and some 'good lucks'.
Does anyone know of any interested bidding parties? I know being sold in Monterey it could end up in a Ferrari or Rolls Royce collection but would be cool if it went to somebodys Bronco corral as well. I'm hoping for a good day and a solid sale price. thanks for all the compliments
Update: was going thru the registry applications yesterday and did not realize but two more confirmed '68 roadsters. Makes 29 now!!

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
eaglesnest66 - thanx for the update Timmy, good stats to know.
I guess the rarity on my 68 just went down : ]
I bet there are a couple more out there hidden with tops on but its definitely still a rare year to have.
delivering mine to the Monterey corral a week from today.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
hyghlndr - I agree with you as well. The big dollar rigs have the Coyote swaps and Method wheel bling. Those ones are nice but I do consider myself a purist and 100% appreciate Broncos and other vehicles that are the original breed. I too am amazed at the low prices on some and high prices on the others??? This is why I have chosen to hopefully have it in front of an audience of appreciating purists that buy based on original qualities etc. I know mine is a bit over restored but it still is a rare 68 Roadster and still is very clean and nice Bronco so hopefully a handful of people out there can appreciate it for many reasons. thank you again for the comments.

hasch - Thank you luck and the comments on the pictures, it really is that clean, I included some more for your viewing pleasure.
If the bidding doesn't work out for you next week keep this one in mind. Broncos have always been classic and getting classier every day. I believe Wayne Carini once called the Bronco breed the "silent sleepers of highly collectible 4 wheel drives".

don k - appreciate it. Wanting big money makes me feel greedy although it would be nice to get a good amount for it. Theirs a part of me that wants it to sell for a good amount just based on principle. I do kind of talk it up but I also feel it is worthy of a good amount. A fun auction experience with my friends and family there, a great sale price and a great deserving new owner would be a beautiful grand finale.

Best of luck @Broncoblood Sorry it has to go, but it does happen. Fingers crossed.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
eaglesnest66 - thanx for the update Timmy, good stats to know.
I guess the rarity on my 68 just went down : ]
I bet there are a couple more out there hidden with tops on but its definitely still a rare year to have.
delivering mine to the Monterey corral a week from today.

Coming up real quick :(

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
sprdv1 - thank you!
yes coming up real quick. I'm excited, nervous, anxious, stoked, curious and 98% ready I would say.
spread the word to any deserving Bronco owners and or possibly interested parties.
thnx again

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
We officially delivered my 68 Roadster today, it's pretty intense down there.
the Roadster is currently out for display on Monterey's Del Monte Golf Course until Saturdays Mecum car auction.
They parked my Roadster between a Ferrari Testarossa and a 356 Porsche. I also seen that other Peacock Blue 67 six cylinder Roadster there along with the Blue 74 uncut Ranger, they were each off in there own batch of high dollar cars as well, should be interesting!

anybody on this forum going to the show / event / auction ?

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 90

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Going to be quite an experience, Blood! I like yours the best of all those cars on the field. I hope it does well! And enjoy your time there. I hope to make it to Monterrey someday when I retire.

Todd Z.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
appreciate it Todd. you were a good part of my Roadster venture along with other Broncos I've had and I will never forget that.
since I've set out to sell it, yes I'm really hoping the end result is satisfying which will help make for a great weekend with my little guy and my whole family down there.
stay tuned . . .

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
soooper nice shout out to Andrew.
triple thank you for finding that and posting it Todd, that's awesome!

I remember the day I went and begged/asked Andrew to assist me with a lot of the hands-on restoration work, he was busy busy and super busy but he still came through with his expertise and the end result is beautiful.

Saturday is nearing! I am pretty sure since my Roadster is the hole shot to start off Mecums auction I will be missing the TV filming which I believe they start filming at 10am?
kinda bummed on that, I would like to re-watch the episode in a sane mindset.

looks like they put another shine on the Roadster and filmed it today with a new video posting - https://www.mecum.com/lots/1086954/1968-ford-bronco-u13-roadster/

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like I will be able to be there in person and watch it go. I personally think it will go big. It's a rare Bronco, in a great color with lots of extra hours put in to the restoration and serious bidders on it will have looked at several Broncos and will be able to tell the difference with this one. Hopefully 2 or more people anyway, and at Monterey I almost guarantee it.

OP
OP
B

Broncoblood

Contributor
that is awesome, teacher with the student.
Yes, I really hope Monterey brings those unique desires for this one. A good batch of interested parties appreciating the attention to detail, the rarity, the quality and the collectiblilty of this 1968 Roadster.
I wonder if I should have Andrew sign my glove box door : ]

Attachments

• Bobby n Andrew.png
    Bobby n Andrew.png
    433.3 KB · Views: 19

ngsd

Bronco Guru
I miss Monterey car week. I used to go every year and also raced in the Historic races in my Lotus 23. One day I will go back and check in on it again. best of luck, we are all pulling for you.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It sure is nice to see the roadsters hit the auction with praise, especially this perfect black beauty Bobby! The small details I see on this one are perfect. Watching others in the past, it's the little things being off make me shake my head - not this one!! Good luck, Tim

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
That makes me feel better for me, but worse for you haha. Maybe someone will come along and top us both??? We can only hope lol. Happen to have the vin and original color of that u13? I can see if I have it documented with my others.
It’s the Arcadian Blue one Larry Pittman had, now owned by Harry T.