• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3rd Annual Bronco Take Over August 5th

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
BTO_BANNER.jpg
Hi Everyone just wanted to let everyone know that the BTO is coming up here in August. We are encouraging everyone to register as it will help us determine how much space we will need and help cover costs associated with the event. Last year we had about 200 broncos show up with just enough space. Registration is $25 and guarantees you a shirt, last year we ran out unfortunately. We will have an entry fee per vehicle the day of the event for those that do not register, it does not include a shirt (we will have extras printed up until they run out). If you're interested in coming or want to help out with the event visit our site www.broncotakeover.com It's a great event here in beautiful west Michigan and we'd love to see you here! If you have any questions feel free to drop them here!

brewchief

I went last year and had a good time, I won't be there this year, with it being the same weekend as Heroes on the dunes there are way to many people on the dunes and campsites are hard to come by, I couldn't get a spot at the state park within a couple days of them being reservable(6 months out).

If it got moved to a different weekend next year I would come again, until then no thanks.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for coming out last year BC, we will take that into consideration next year. West Michigan is always busy in the summer time, I believe one of our sponsors Val-Du Lakes campground still has spots available if anyone is interested in camping.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just a reminder with the event coming up soon! We are encouraging pre-registration for the event which is $25. What are the advantages of pre registering? One it helps us out with costs associated with the event and allows us to plan better as we can anticipate how many vehicles will show up. Two, it guarantees that you get a grab bag with goodies, raffle tickets, entry into the show and shine and an event T-shirt. If you do not register the cost is $10 at the gate and grab bags will be limited until they run out, same thing goes for shirts which can be purchased separately. I want to stress that last year we ran out of shirts even though we printed an adequate amount of extras! We hope to see you there and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

visit www.broncotakeover.com

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Last year was the first time I went to Bronco Take Over. I had a blast! Val du lakes campground is about a mile from the sand dune entrance and the campsite faculty were very supportive of the event and our needs.

The lake itself was very inviting. Warm clear water, sand with no rocks and you could wade in past 100 feet to a sand bar and play catch or play in the surf with a board or tube.

Its so nice being able to take your Bronco to a place that has sand and water and no SALT. Been there done that and you have to be careful not to get flash rust over everything.

The only thing that wasn't fun for me was after we had the Raffle and everyone headed to the dunes there was a long line to get on the sand. The line did move fast and it took less than 30 minutes to get in. Once we got in there were a lot of vehicles and people but after Lunch all the Heroes on the dunes stuff was done and everyone settled in pretty well.

Being my first time I may have not noticed the headaches and hassles as much as others and I was very busy as well. Guys that frequent this place may have a different perception than us that have never gone or only go once a year.

With all that being said I to would prefer a date that doesn't overlap with the other events out there but I wont let that deter me or my friends from going. Thursday and Friday are really nice and low traffic days. If 1 out of the 3 days I'm spending there is a little hectic its a small price I'm willing to pay to see all my friends, customers and make new new lasting memories and friends.

On a side note Id like to let everyone know that James Duff is very excited about this event and is looking forward to supporting it as it continues to grow.

Please note that we will be offering *FREE DELIVERY* up to Bronco Take Over and you can retrieve your parts at the Val Du Lakes Campground. Please go to site 53 to ask for your parts. That site is Bronco Takeover Headquarters

I will also be bringing some extra parts as well as t-shirts and other Duff swag. You can pre order online or come see us Saturday morning when we set up for the raffle.

dufftuff.com

Last edited:

mudford

Loc.
Midland, MI
Who's going this year? I wasn't sure if I'd get my engine done and back in. I just got it running last night. I drove it to work today. I registered and got a campsite today.

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
I will probably be there for part of the day on Friday before my canoe trip in Baldwin. Depends on the weather for the weekend if I bring up the Bronco or not. I would like to see how the EFI runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I will probably be there for part of the day on Friday before my canoe trip in Baldwin. Depends on the weather for the weekend if I bring up the Bronco or not. I would like to see how the EFI runs.

It's a great time! look forward to seeing you there!

brewchief

Where does one register and what is the cutoff date to order shirts? At this point it looks like I will be coming.

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Where does one register and what is the cutoff date to order shirts? At this point it looks like I will be coming.

Awesome Man!

www.broncotakeover.com registration gets you a shirt, plus raffle tickets, entry into the show and shine, grab bag etc...if you need extra shirts you can add them before checking out. Just click on which color you want, size and add it to the cart. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me!

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Just a reminder registration ends July 26th....Pre registration gets you a shirts, raffle tickets, grab bags, and entry in to the show and shine! If you miss registering it's $10/vehicle at the gate and grab bags will be limited on a first come first serve basis, all other mentioned items will be available separately for purchase until supplies run out. Duffs will be there as well. If you want free shipping on any of duffs stuff they are offering free local pick up at the event! Depending on what you order that will well make up the difference between registering for the event vs paying shipping! It's a good time, great place and beautiful area! looking forward to seeing you there!

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Checking out the two broncos is definitely worth the trip!

STROPPEDUFF.jpg

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Awesome Man!

www.broncotakeover.com registration gets you a shirt, plus raffle tickets, entry into the show and shine, grab bag etc...if you need extra shirts you can add them before checking out. Just click on which color you want, size and add it to the cart. If you have any questions feel free to ask here or PM me!

Rydog, you've got to help me out. I click on the register link (the one with the chaser EB) and add my shirt size and I get sent to my cart which it says is empty.

I want to register my EB and my father-in-law's EB and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Rydog, you've got to help me out. I click on the register link (the one with the chaser EB) and add my shirt size and I get sent to my cart which it says is empty.

I want to register my EB and my father-in-law's EB and can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Shoot me a text or give me a call! I'll see what I can do! That's odd! 616-617-7984

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Shoot me a text or give me a call! I'll see what I can do! That's odd! 616-617-7984
Thanks rydog for the call. I tried a different browser and the website to register worked perfectly and took my money. :cool:

brewchief

It's going to be a busy weekend on the dunes for the Bronco takeover, I know there will be newcomers to the dunes so please watch whats going on around you. This happened yesterday, from what I understand a buggy didn't see the Bronco.

Attachments

• 20139634_10211419453735741_877524988494963952_n.jpg
    20139634_10211419453735741_877524988494963952_n.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 68

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's going to be a busy weekend on the dunes for the Bronco takeover, I know there will be newcomers to the dunes so please watch whats going on around you. This happened yesterday, from what I understand a buggy didn't see the Bronco.

Wow. I can't stop looking at that pic. I am actually surprised there aren't more accidents. So many people on Saturdays/Sundays and those long arms/stadium trucks go so fast. I was talking to a guy that his passenger said he hit 101 coming back around to test hill. And the bikes...

Thanks for posting that Brewchief. It is sobering to say the least. Last week a rental jeep rolled. Seems like it happens every year we are there.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Wow. I can't stop looking at that pic. I am actually surprised there aren't more accidents. So many people on Saturdays/Sundays and those long arms/stadium trucks go so fast. I was talking to a guy that his passenger said he hit 101 coming back around to test hill. And the bikes...

Thanks for posting that Brewchief. It is sobering to say the least. Last week a rental jeep rolled. Seems like it happens every year we are there.

When I first saw this pic on Facebook I instantly thought of you Craig. From first glance it looked very similar to your Bronco :eek::cry:

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
When I first saw this pic on Facebook I instantly thought of you Craig. From first glance it looked very similar to your Bronco :eek::cry:

I know. I've showed that pic to a few buddies and they all thought it was mine.

Looking forward to seeing you in August Mike. Transmission is working flawlessly! ;D

Incidentally I met the guy that started this BTO at the dunes last week. He's not on CB as he has a FSB. His dad has an EB but he's not on CB either. Sometimes I'm amazed that every EB fan isn't on CB. Lol

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
I'm coming up Thursday night and spending Friday morning on the dunes. Anyone going on Friday? You kinda have the whole place to yourself. I can't stay much longer than past lunch on Friday, then headed to Baldwin for the rest of the weekend.