• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3rd Annual MEB Invitational Run @ Crozet, VA - Jan 24, 2010

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
I WILL CONTINUE TO UPDATE THIS INITIAL POST WITH THE LATEST INFO.

On Sunday, January 24, 2010, the day after the Mid-Atlantic Early Bronco (MEB) Hooters Get Together in Richmond, VA, the Rockcrawlers for the Preservation of Future Access (RCPFA) will host the 3rd Annual Invitational Run for anyone interested in attending.

Crozet is approximately 80 miles west of Richmond, VA. Please be advised that Crozet is privately owned land that my club, RCPFA, maintains. It is NOT open to the public at any other time unless arranged via the RCPFA Board of Directors (BOD). With their approval, I've been given the go ahead to extend this invitation to MEB members. All persons attending must either drive their rig or have a seat in another rig to ride in. NO SPECTATORS ALLOWED at wheeling events. Please take all of your trash and or broken parts with you. Upon your departure, the area should be left in as good a condition as when you arrived.

DATE & TIME

Sunday, January 24, 2010 (8:30 am - Dusk)
(PLEASE BE ON TIME TO GET INTO YOUR TRAIL GROUPS)

(MapQuest)
6000 Bearwood Rd.
Crozet, VA 22932

(You'll need to go past the "End of State Maintenance" sign, over the cattle
guard and to the top of the hill.)

WEATHER LINK (Crozet, VA 22932)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/22932?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_golf

ACCOMODATIONS

We have primitive on-site camping with the option of a large bonfire on Saturday night. If desired/needed, we will separate tenting areas for noise control. A porta-john is also available.

LODGING

There are at least 50 or 60 hotels in the area. The following two are the closest.

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-Monticello)
I-64 & 631 (5th St.)
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-5100

Holiday Inn (Charlottesville-University Area)
1901 Emmet St.
Charlottesville, VA 22901
Ph: (434) 977-7700

THE TRAILS

We will have guides available for each trail level (listed below). Participants will choose trail levels the morning of the event (i.e., run Blues, Blacks, etc.).

Blues & Blacks

29865930046_large.jpg

29865930018_large.jpg

29865930051_large.jpg

29865930048_large.jpg

Reds

cz19.jpg

dsc06565.jpg

cz11.jpg

cz10.jpg

MINIMUM VEHICLE REQUIREMENTS

Low Blues:
- 31" tires (not street tread)
- Tow points front and rear of vehicle
- Rocker protection and skid plates recommended

Middle/Upper Blues with (optional) Low Black Bypasses:
- 33" tires

Low Blacks:
- 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Body and/or drive train damage is likely

Upper Blacks/Reds:
- Minimum 35" tires
- Front and rear lockers
- Full frame tied-in roll cage (6 or more points)
- A total disregard for body damage
- Helmets
- A trailer to tow your rig home
- A few screws loose in your head

FEES

Members - $25/day per vehicle, $40/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)
Visitors - $30/day per vehicle, $60/2-day weekend per vehicle. (No passenger fees.)

WAIVERS

Signed waivers must be turned in before heading out on the morning of the event.

ALCOHOL

Alcohol is NOT PERMITTED during the trail rides. You may drink after you are done wheeling. Alcohol is permitted in the camping and bonfire area.

YOU CAN FOLLOW THE RCPFA LINK IN MY SIGNATURE TO FIND OUT MORE INFO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
SCHEDULED TO ATTEND:

MEB Invitational Attendees (2)

iwlbcnu* (Jeff) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
Bronco Biff* - Upper Blues/Low Blacks

RCPFA Hosts (1)

fdezone* (Axel) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
TM Toys* (Tony) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks

* Early Bronco Owner

Last edited:

chris

No more Rock Crawler
SCHEDULED TO ATTEND:

MEB Invitational Attendees (2)

iwlbcnu* (Jeff) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks
Bronco Biff* - Upper Blues/Low Blacks

RCPFA Hosts (1)

fdezone* (Axel) - Upper Blues/Low Blacks

* Early Bronco Owner

Did Biff get Lockers? Make him air down too!;D

Sending the love Biff, have fun!

Bronco Biff

Contributor
You FUNNY, Chris!! I will air down, promise! But will still have the same nutbag behind the wheel!!

Alright!!! Looks like it's on again!! And Axel, I won't have to bug you to death this year because I'll know "You'll need to go past the "End of State Maintenance" sign, over the cattle guard and to the top of the hill." Means just that!

Bronco Biff

Contributor
2nd annual -Crozet '09

Attachments

• BroncoBilly.JPG
    BroncoBilly.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_2765.jpg
    100_2765.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 17

fromme

Loc.
Suffolk, VA
I may be up for this, haven't been to Crozet in a few months. I'll check with Dave and Billy.

Keith F.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
HAHA, I see my buddy's truggy in the first round. I am doing a mad overhaul right now of another truck to try and get it ready. Won't have much capability but trying to do the shakedown run that weekend.

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
And Axel, I won't have to bug you to death this year because I'll know "You'll need to go past the "End of State Maintenance" sign, over the cattle guard and to the top of the hill." Means just that!

Lol. Out there, in the pitch black, is not the place where you want to get lost. Let's hope it's a bit warmer this year! :-[

crozetcrew

Loc.
Bakersfield
Should still be plenty of snow on those trails. I live about a mile and a half from there and my yard is still covered.
Chris

OP
OP
fdezone

fdezone

Loc.
Fredericksburg, VA
You heard of KOH (King of the Hammers)? Well, today Evan was the KOC (King of Crozet)! It was so much fun, Heather couldn't stop giggling! %)

[youtube]qpv5jP_lg5w[/youtube]