• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

72 Stroppe - 2 year surgery

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Haven't updated this in a bit. Engine, trans installed. Dropped off chassis at the painter. He is still running behind but hope to have it soon. Body is mounted now and most of the paint is done. Need to finish the top, mount and align all the panels and install the trim before coming home. I picked up some sliders and am rebuilding them. My daughter will be happy I got these.

Hoping to get it in final assembly by the middle of next month. ..

agemaje6.jpg
adatajaj.jpg
4una9azy.jpg
upyhejyp.jpg
ymudateb.jpg
gu6yje6e.jpg
udazyra4.jpg
e5asehaz.jpg
ytena5yv.jpg
e3esuvub.jpg
8unybyna.jpg
sevybuba.jpg
hyny2eqe.jpg

Last edited:

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Man that is looking great Rich. Always loved the look of the Stroppe. Looks like your painter has plenty of nice projects in his shop. Frame, drive train and wheels look amazing. Looking forward to more progress pics as you move along.

Henry

House

Minutia Militia
Looking fantastic!
Those front shock mounts still trip me out every time I see them!;D

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Moving along.....sliders rebuilt. 150' of channel felt but it's done. Have some channel for next time :cool:Have to glue the other latch on.

Installing trim, aligning door gaps....summer is coming

duqege2a.jpg
u8u9u2yg.jpg
2yduryve.jpg
useqady3.jpg
ema2eve5.jpg

Unknown

Contributor
Man that's looking good! The sliders will be neat too.

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Sweet! You're going to blow right past me in a couple of weeks. Nice job!

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
PHP:
Project is getting done quickly. What Stroppe-specific parts are on it?

That question is suspect to opinion.

This is a Manual trans low option Stroppe. Has front bumper braces ( different), dual shocks all around, hitch, slider rear windows, steering wheel, 3rd gas tank and roll bar. Who knows what it really came with. Marti just shows the manual trans.

Later

OP
OP
rmiller747

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Well the super slow turtle painter is almost done. Painting the top and hood this week and then hoping to bring her home for final assembly next week. Amen. The wait will be worth it. Door Gaps, body fits are sweet and she looks perfect.

Spare tire cover done, had a tach rebuilding party (have 3 of them but I will be using the 8000 unit) I like it the best as it is functionally easier to read.

devytysy.jpg
gaba2eze.jpg
5a4epyru.jpg
ahezymeg.jpg
yje2e9u6.jpg
vesa5uja.jpg
ju5a8emu.jpg
be7ahy9e.jpg
nu4u3emy.jpg
aqymeryv.jpg
ny4a9y4u.jpg
ysyny3uz.jpg

TheBroncoRanch

Bronco Guru
Well the super slow turtle painter is almost done. Painting the top and hood this week and then hoping to bring her home for final assembly next week. Amen. The wait will be worth it. Door Gaps, body fits are sweet and she looks perfect.

I still think you will cut the 2 year surgery title in 1/2 ;D looking good :cool: