• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another EFI Won't start thread. FIXED

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
IT RUNS! Looks like it's a classic case of Friday the 13th. I had the dizzy out 180, and when I swapped the eec's out I never plugged the fuel pump inertia switch back in.... I fixed the timing and swapped the old eec in and it fired right up.

I'm calling this one a bad/going bad coil, funky TFI module. The spark is much better and it starts much easier now. I hope the cold hesitation has gone away too. Guess I'll order up some spares to keep in the tool box

Looks like I might have spoke too soon. I managed to set the timing and it died again. Seems the new coil is bad? I get 0 ohms between the primary circuit again? Spec is .2-.8 ohms. What's causing this?

Friday the 13th strikes again! Installed the other eec, and it runs. I can only assume the old eec had a few minutes of life in it. I let the new eec idle for about 20 minutes and it seems fine. I'll try to find another eec from somewhere. Anybody have a spare for sale?

Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The coil is mounted on an aluminum bracket that's bolted to the fenderwell, do I need an additional ground strap?

Yes. I fried my first TFI coil. It was bolted to the fenderwell. Clean the mount and fender down to bare metal.