• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Another Soft Top Question

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
Hello,
I did a search and didn't find what I needed.

I am looking at buying a STC soft top for my '74.
I am having some problems with my tailgate. It won't open (See Thread "Tailgate Malfunction"). Anyway, does the tailgate need to open to install the soft top? Also, I have a diamondplate protector that covers the inside of the gate and rolls over the top edge and hangs down about 3-4". Will the soft top work with the diamondplate or does it need to come off?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
you wont need to open the tailgate but the diamondplate will be in the way.there is an aluminum strip that the top fits under,you could probably put it on top of the dp but it wouldnt fit as well.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
i have the stc also.im well pleased with it .on MY bronco it seals up better than the hard top did.i have no complaints with the top.my doors are from a differrent place(JBG?im not sure.cant remember)they dont fit quite as well but i dont know how much perfection you can expect out of a soft top and doors..