• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

another soft top question

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I can't speak directly to the STC but the Bestop uses a rail system that is very easy to remove at the sides and back however it lacks the front rail the STC uses that allows it to be folded back without fully removing the top and then sliding it out from the side. When I take mine down this spring I plan to modify the Bestop riser to work with the STC front rail to give me the best of both.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
I can't speak directly to the STC but the Bestop uses a rail system that is very easy to remove at the sides and back however it lacks the front rail the STC uses that allows it to be folded back without fully removing the top and then sliding it out from the side. When I take mine down this spring I plan to modify the Bestop riser to work with the STC front rail to give me the best of both.

Do I smell a write-up baking.....?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Baja71 said:
Do I smell a write-up baking.....?
Perhaps. It looks like I can trim the front lip off the Bestop riser and then the top lip off the STC riser to get it to work. That looks like it would give enough room to come in from the top with a socket to bolt the STC riser on top of the Bestop one at the front. If that doesn't work then the next option would be to knock holes in the Bestop riser at each bolt to access it with a wrench. It is tempting to just use star washers on the bolts and just drop them through but I can see a headache forming whenever I try to take them off. I may look at it closer in the next week or so when I put it in the garage since I think the top will need to be removed to get it in. (It barely fit last time I had it in there and I've added a few inches to the height since then so it still might not fit without airing down the tires)

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
STC Soft top seems to be the quickest on and off. I like how the fit and bows work better than the Best top. Fast track side rails are very easy to use. They are a lot better than the old snaps.