• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone regret going to twin sticks on J shifter?

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Let me know how you like the twin sticks on a J-shift. For me, it's a chore to shift sometimes. Thinking about twins....
Thanks,
Mike

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I put the twin on my J-shift, it was terrible trying to shift it with the J....twin made it nice and smooth, soooo much better.

pinenuts

Loc.
Hereford, AZ
With the stock J-shifter I always had to struggle to get it out of 4 low. The twin-stick shifter I bought from Tom's Bronco Parts solved all my problems. Besides that it looks cool!

pikapp691

Who makes the best twin shift for the J pattern?

What is everybody using and how bad was the install?

Sorry for the highjack :)

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I used the SS JBFab unit off of ebay, got it with the boot and ss bezel, very easy install, now I just gotta do it on my T-shift Halfcab.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
The sticks I have are from JBG, they work as advertised. I love having twin sticks, and wish that I'd done it years sooner.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Twin sticks is one of the best upgrades you can do. I installed the ones from WH. Easy install and I have had no problems. Shifts in and out of 4 hi or lo on the fly. And they look cool . . . :)

silverbullet

Loc.
Columbia, MO
I also installed the setup from JBFab on ebay. Very easy install! There have been words about one of them popping out when under throttle. I have not experienced this on the trail or street. Excellent upgrade. I would tell you to do it. Good luck.

OP
OP
M

Mikey

Bronco Guru
BroncoBeast2004 said:

No problem on the hijack as I was going to ask the same question....I'm convinced to get the JB Fab and they emailed me their instructions. Pretty simple install. Now, everyone better not out bid me, darn it! They go for $135 on their buy it now, if I remember correctly.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
I wouldn't do it if I were you, unless you want easier shifting and control over your transfer case.:cool: ;D

I'm using the one from Tom's and have been very happy with it.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
BroncoBeast2004 said:

very easy to install just cut the shift flags from this to this. Wouldn't ever think about going back.

Attachments

• 144026772.jpg
    144026772.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 201
  • twin4.jpg
    twin4.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 214

pikapp691

Not to be a dumba$$ but can you tell me the difference in the pics, I know what I am looking at but unsure of what you mean.

-Thanks

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
BroncoBeast2004 said:
Not to be a dumba$$ but can you tell me the difference in the pics, I know what I am looking at but unsure of what you mean.

-Thanks
the first pic is without the shift flags cut and the second one is after the flags have been cut to be able to use the twin sticks. hth

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mikey,

Go with the twins. I had the same problem as most with having to struggle getting mine into 4wd and out. I even broke an aftermarket J shifter or two where it attaches into the swivel. Once I installed the twins from JB Fab...I haven't had a problem since. They shift individiully so you can go 2H, 2L, 4H, 4L . You can do just front wheel drive high and front wheel drive low and also rear wheel Low and high seperately. also..for example If you are on the trail moving slowly in 2L rear wheel drive..with hubs locked in..you can shift your front lever into and out of front wheel Low on the fly. No more stopping and trying to get that J into low to spin those front wheels.

Works great and its and easy install too. JB fab gives you the twin stick shifter, the twin boot, and plate cover in a package if you ask. Any questions..let me know.

Blue71