• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Jodi @ CoatPro in Oklahoma City.........and I couldn't be more happier. Awesome guy, incredible work and very fast!!

I know all the silver vein stuff is clear coated........not sure about the orange.

I'll find out. I should have the front bumper, roll bar rack, console and few other items back on Saturday.

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Worked on QH yesterday afternoon before our OCBR meeting and we got a lot done....................

Seat brackets and seats are in, dash is in, radiator hoses, trans, adapters, transfer case tightened up, fenders on, grill on, and more

Here are some updated pics.

P.S.
Please realize that the bronco is not sitting at ride height yet and the door insert is just sitting there for the pic....we still have to attach.

Dale

Attachments

• Front Clip.JPG
    Front Clip.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 156
  • Driver Front.JPG
    Driver Front.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 127
  • Dash.JPG
    Dash.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Seats.JPG
    Seats.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Insert.JPG
    Insert.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 122

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Love it man.. Looking foward to seeing it in person at OCBR..!

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Man that thing is too bad. Kathleen wants to know if she gets a ride. I hate to sound like an armchair builder, but I'd have to do something about that yellow ram.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Yellowrouge - Seems a bit like the pot calling the tea kettle black when you say change the ram from yellow.......lol!

It will be getting it's treatment of orange in the VERY near future...it's funny, I just told Gordon today I can't wait to get the yellow off of it.....it just seems unfinished to me everytime I look at it!!!!

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Got a bunch more done today...............

Roll bar is in and the inserts are set and waiting for final fitting.

There's a ton of other little things that really can't be seen by the naked eye (camera that it) that we finished today.

For example - dropped the trans pan, changed filter, fluid, installed remote oil filter, installed new SS trans dipstick, installed seat belt bolts, etc.

I think one more day at Gordon's and it's off to the Muffler shop and then Claremore where it will be wired and brakes installed.

Dale

Attachments

• Passenger Rear.JPG
    Passenger Rear.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Driver Rear.JPG
    Driver Rear.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 75
  • Driver Front.JPG
    Driver Front.JPG
    106.6 KB · Views: 88
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Okay.....the time has come.....I need everyone's VERY honest opinion!?!

Do I run the quarter guard protectors or not?????

I absolutely HATE covering up the awesome paint work laid down by Gordon......the truck will be another 6" off the ground when the shocks are recharged..................BUT, it will kill me if I leave them off and then get into the rear quarter the first run out!!!

But like I mentioned to Gordon.....they would make great poster boards for my sponsors, i.e. Ramsey winch, Bailie Bilt, Contestoga Motors, Auto Definitions, James Duff, etc.

Thanks - Dale

Attachments

• Driver Quarter Panels.JPG
    Driver Quarter Panels.JPG
    124.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Passenger Quarter Panels.JPG
    Passenger Quarter Panels.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Passenger Quarter Close-up.JPG
    Passenger Quarter Close-up.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 151
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
I forgot to mention............the front and rear bumpers will be silver vein powder coat (like the roll bar and chassis) as well........if that helps!!

Dale

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
uh......hum......i...well,............

:cry:
I like better without but .......if you get into the quarter
without them.....we're all gonna
:cry: :cry: :cry:

sorry but this one is TOTALLY your call.

(pssst...poster board for sponsors is good)

rmfreeze

Loc.
Benton, Arkansas
I agree with John - use them! It's beautiful without them but as a poster board and maybe tied in with the bumper color, it's still gonna look great.

Awesome build, btw.

joe

Bronco Guru
Okay.....the time has come.....I need everyone's VERY honest opinion!?!

Do I run the quarter guard protectors or not?????

i got em................. and several times, i've used em,,,,,,,,, HARD! i would'nt take mine off for nothin. if ya dont like coverin up the paint then have gordon paint em just like your quarter so they'll look like the rest of the truck, then if you bang em up you can touch em up.
my honest opinoin.

by the way, AWESOME RIG! luv it.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
I say run em. I have used mine several times and was really glad that I put them on. Just paint to match the quarters, then they will blend right in! ;D

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
okay, okay......I say go with 'em (I'm easily influenced)
besides....I think everyone will be lookin at the rest of the truck
(of course we'll have to stand on our tip-toes..);)

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
We received the second load of powder coated items today and one of them is the custom bilt, front bumper. It is Gordon's standard center section with modified ends on it. We really like how it's turned out.

Also, got the Tuffy console, air tank, goodie rack (not photographed yet), and a few other small things.

There's been more progress than you see in the photos. Got the thermostat housing and radiator hoses all plumbed.....got the fairlead on, got CB in, and more.

Gordon should be painting the hood in the next few days......QH is getting EXTREMELY close!

Dale

Attachments

• Winch.JPG
    Winch.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Alum Column.JPG
    Alum Column.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Console.JPG
    Console.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 177
  • Onboard Air Tank2.JPG
    Onboard Air Tank2.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Onboard Air Tank.JPG
    Onboard Air Tank.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Front Bumper3.JPG
    Front Bumper3.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Front Bumper2.JPG
    Front Bumper2.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Front Bumper.JPG
    Front Bumper.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 182

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I agree you should run the quarter protectors and paint them to match.

Can't wait to see it.

David

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Gordon and I finished up all the little last minute details; securing 1/4 guards, installing and adjusting seat belts, installing shifter, buttoning up the transfer case, final fitting of roadster inserts, installing headlight buckets, headlights, fuel/storage cell, etc.

Loaded Quarter Horse on Gordons trailer, backed up to my trailer and we had to hand winch onto mine.....don't think we didn't work a little bit!!

He BARELY fit between the wheel wells on my trailer....some would say that it doesn't fit at all. Here's what happened......we were a little cockeyed going onto my trailer and the driver, rear, wheel got up on the fender a little....everything was fine until it got to the front axle and then the fender collapsed. So, we had to jack the trailer up, take the wheel off and pound the fender back out so it wouldn't blow up the tire. This little extra project took us over an hour.

He's off to the exhaust shop tomorrow morning and then back to my house for the finishing touches. Then, next Wednesday it goes to Contestoga motors here in Claremore, where it will be brought back to life and made able to stop on a dime!!

God speed, we will be at OCBR!!!!!!

Thanks for looking again...........Dale

Attachments

• Steering Wheel and Shifter.jpg
    Steering Wheel and Shifter.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 140
  • Seats.jpg
    Seats.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 141
  • Fuel Cell.jpg
    Fuel Cell.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 186