• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
NICE pics, I like the two tone :) How much stretch have you added?

Yellowrouge - Thanks for answering Mcgyver for me.......you are correct!!

And.............yes...........we've been working......and I got pics to prove it. Okay, I didn't really do much WORk today, but I did pick up the chassis, suspension and goodies from powdercoater. Also, got the tub picked up from the my buddy over at Auto Definitions after lining the inner tub and the belly.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Gordo's to put the chassis back together and hopefully set the body.

We are rocking and rolling now.......shoud be able to start wiring and plumbing next week.

At this rate, I don't think the end of September is going to be an issue at all. My grand plan is to make a short, pre-run to Disney before OCBR. I will let you know when that will be.....hopefully, maybe you guys can show up.

Hope everyone likes what we've done so far!!!

Dale

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Thanks so much everyone.........we are finally reaching the end of the stretch on this project!!

Kb6677 - We actually did not end up having to stretch the body at all.......the only thing we stretched is the front fender wheel wells about 8 inches. I'll attach a pic so you can see what we did.

Dale

Attachments

• IMG_1813.JPG
    IMG_1813.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
As stated in my last post, got out to Bailie Bilt yesterday to start the reassembly of the chassis and suspension. It just seemed like everything I touched yesterday resulted in a problem (usually self-inflicted) and we didn't get as much done as I would of liked!! Not to mention we both had to pull off for about 3 hours in the middle of the day to tackle another project for a buddy.

Anyway, we did get the rear links and shocks in place. We've got the front ready and I also got the 4:3 Atlas out and the 5:0 ready to go in.

Dale

Attachments

• Overhead view.JPG
    Overhead view.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Rear Links.JPG
    Rear Links.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Centerlink.JPG
    Centerlink.JPG
    161.4 KB · Views: 93
  • Fox.JPG
    Fox.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 77

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks so much everyone.........we are finally reaching the end of the stretch on this project!!

Kb6677 - We actually did not end up having to stretch the body at all.......the only thing we stretched is the front fender wheel wells about 8 inches. I'll attach a pic so you can see what we did.

Dale

Very NICE work. I like the look. Thanks for the pic.
Karl

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
dawg - it is called "silver vein". It is a two-stage, powder coat.

Thanks - I am extremely happy with all of the powder coating, with the exception of the wheels. Definitely going to do something different there.

Dale

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Wish you guys weren't 5 hours away. I actually contemplated coming over to give you guys a hand.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Reassembly continues and progress is definitely being made with minor set-backs.

Done:
Front suspension bolted to chassis, front fox shocks in, engine, tranny & transfer case in, body on.

I left Gordon right after lunch and his plans were to have the front clip on, fenders and grill mounted, mount radiator along with the tranny cooler, and hydraulic cooler.

The plan is for me to leave with Quarter Horse on my trailer thursday afternoon so I can get it back to my shop where wiring, brakes, fuel lines, seats, fuel tank, roll bar will be installed. If everything goes right, we will be firing the beast at the end of the first week of September.

Really the only snag we've reached is with the transfer case and drivelines (it just dawned on me that these are pretty key components to make this thing go - but the resolution shouldn't be that bad). Our plan was to remove the yokes off of the 4:3 Atlas that came with another project and put them on the brand new 5:0 that has been in my shop for a couple of years now and run 1450 ujoints and driveline. The only problem with that is there isn't a CV joint large enough for that yoke or ujoint. The yokes that came on the 5:0 are 1310's and not strong enough for the amount of hp this thing puts out. So, I've been trying to call advanced adapters for a day and half and can't seem to get anyone on the line so I can buy two new 1350 yokes.

BTW - has anyone dealt with Kincade Bauer in a while.....is he still in the business? I bought the 5:0 and adapters from him a couple of years ago, and when I tried to call him yesterday the number that I found on classic was disconnected!! Damn it man!!!

Dale

Attachments

• Rear Passenger.jpg
    Rear Passenger.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 109
  • Lined Tub.jpg
    Lined Tub.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Passenger Travel Pic.jpg
    Passenger Travel Pic.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Front Travel Pic.jpg
    Front Travel Pic.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 87
  • Front Suspension at work.jpg
    Front Suspension at work.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Driver Link.jpg
    Driver Link.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 84
  • Front Passenger.jpg
    Front Passenger.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Front Driver.jpg
    Front Driver.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 125
  • Twin Sticks.jpg
    Twin Sticks.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 67
  • Underbelly Clearance.jpg
    Underbelly Clearance.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 110

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
:eek: :eek: :eek:
the earth is gonna quake, people are gonna tremble......
when QuarterHorse appears.. in September.....;D

;)

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Holy crap C1..........you're a poet and didn't know it!!!! LOL

Looking good isn't he!?!

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Kincaid is still around. He was selling a Subaru WRX on Pirate.com not too long ago.

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok
:eek: :eek: :eek:
the earth is gonna quake, people are gonna tremble......
when QuarterHorse appears.. in September.....;D

;)

Not if I show up with the new toy hehehehehehehehehe.

J/K Dale. Looking good. wish I was back there to lend a hand instead of here in balmy 70 degree Minnesota. ;D

Have you decided what your going to do w/the rims yets?

hobzbronc

Loc.
Colusa, CA
i just ran accross your build thread, wish i would have seen it earlier. you guys did some fantastic fabrication work on that bronco. GOOD JOB!;D

curious how did you come up with the link designs? those things look about as bullet proof as you can get.

again very impressive work, hats off to you all.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Thanks a lot hobz.......we wanted the curved links to provide extra clearance and this is what we came up with. We certainly are extremely excited about how they turned out. If I cause these things damage, I've got bigger problems for sure!

Once again, thanks for the positive comments..........keep posted, I should have quite a few more updated photos by tomorrow evening. Going to Gordon's tomorrow to work.........I think everyone will be impressed with the progress.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Wow, wow, wow! I haven't kept up with this, so it's amazing to see the progress you have made. Do you go into detail about the suspension links anywhere, like what type of joints you used etc? Very interesting, I am anxious to see it wheel!

J.D.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
74bronco - I really haven't went into great detail regarding the links yet.........I will tell you that you will more than likely be able to read all about in the near future!

With that said, the center links have johnny joints at the differentials and polyurethane bushings at the frame connection (front and rear). The lower links are the same.

I'm glad you like it......keep posted, I should have some more pics this evening or first thing in the morning.

Dale

okorangebrnco

Bronco Guru
Hey Dale, just curious on who did the powder coating? and did you have it Clear coated at all?