• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bailie Bilt - Project "Quarter Horse" 8-14-08 Pics With Wheels/Tires Finally!!

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Sorry for the delay in pictures................

We've gotten a LOT done.................!!!!

First, here are some pictures of the chassis, roll-bar, links, etc. loaded up to go the powder coater.

Then we have a pic of the body work and tub in primer.

I took the parts to the coater last friday and I am scheduled to pick them up 8-17-07 (tomorrow....YEAH!!!)

Thanks,

Dale

Attachments

• Parts Ready.jpg
    Parts Ready.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Powder Coater.jpg
    Powder Coater.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Body work.jpg
    Body work.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 85
  • Primered body.jpg
    Primered body.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 93
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Here's the deal...........Gordon and I agreed on the colors, but Gordon wouldn't let me come by while paint was going on.....he wanted to surprise me!!!!!

Well, went over last night and to say that I was SURPRISED is an understatement!!!!!!!

Check it out..............

I have been around a lot of body and paint guys and my lifetime and I've been around some fabricators & metal workers, but I've never seen many of them that could do it all the way Gordon does. Usually these guys are good at one or two things.....but, to switch from fabrication to body and paint work the way Gordon has is fascinating to me. He is an incredible painter.

Wait till you see the hood!!!! Should have some update pics in the very near future.

We're going to work on him all day Saturday, so I should have some good updated photos on here by Sunday afternoon.

We're getting extremely close....thank god because OCBR is right around the corner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dale

Attachments

• Insert detail.jpg
    Insert detail.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 75
  • Inserts.jpg
    Inserts.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Fender detail.jpg
    Fender detail.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Grill Detail.jpg
    Grill Detail.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 97
  • Dash and grill.jpg
    Dash and grill.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Tub painted.jpg
    Tub painted.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 127

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
love the barb-wire stripe!!!!
You know between you & 'Godfather'
with new paint - I'm probably gonna cry
at OCBR!:cry:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Definitely coming along.. Luv that Barb Wire pin striping..

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Good lord, that is awesome!!! Its like a Stroppe straight out of Baja with the barb wire still stuck to it from the boobie traps!!! I'd call it "Outlaw."

Big One

Loc.
Bartlesville, Ok
Looks great Dale. Gordon is definately the man. Monday afternoon it was still being blocked and to have it being cut and buffed by wednesday is amazing.

I still want to know who did the fab work on the dash??????? ;) ;)

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Dale,
Rig is looking good!!
Can I ask a favor?
Could you post a pic of the driver side framerail right behind the forward bodymount? I need to see where the hole for the BB bumper is.

I looking for the location of the hole on the framerail to bolt the end of the BB front bumper. If it suppose to be a factory hole then my 77s didn't have it.

Thanks,
madgyver

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Dale,
Rig is looking good!!
Can I ask a favor?
Could you post a pic of the driver side framerail right behind the forward bodymount? I need to see where the hole for the BB bumper is.

I looking for the location of the hole on the framerail to bolt the end of the BB front bumper. If it suppose to be a factory hole then my 77s didn't have it.

Thanks,
madgyver

Had to drill the holes in my 77. Just mimic the ones on the inside of the frame rail.

Attachments

• MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 59

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pic. I just need to spot the driver's side hole since I plated it over.

I did the same thing. Made a template out of cardboard from the inside of the right rail. Drilled first with an 1/8" bit just to make sure I was in the hole. Hit it dead center the first time.;D

Oh and Dale, get to work. OCBR is not going to wait on you. Looking great.

OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Yellowrouge - Thanks for answering Mcgyver for me.......you are correct!!

And.............yes...........we've been working......and I got pics to prove it. Okay, I didn't really do much WORk today, but I did pick up the chassis, suspension and goodies from powdercoater. Also, got the tub picked up from the my buddy over at Auto Definitions after lining the inner tub and the belly.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Gordo's to put the chassis back together and hopefully set the body.

We are rocking and rolling now.......shoud be able to start wiring and plumbing next week.

At this rate, I don't think the end of September is going to be an issue at all. My grand plan is to make a short, pre-run to Disney before OCBR. I will let you know when that will be.....hopefully, maybe you guys can show up.

Hope everyone likes what we've done so far!!!

Dale

Attachments

• Suspension Links.JPG
    Suspension Links.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Rollbar.JPG
    Rollbar.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Close-up.JPG
    Close-up.JPG
    98.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Chassis.JPG
    Chassis.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 135
  • Tub1.JPG
    Tub1.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Tub2.JPG
    Tub2.JPG
    133.1 KB · Views: 150
  • Tub3.JPG
    Tub3.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Riley.JPG
    Riley.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 172
OP
OP
bowhunter

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
She is.........she is definitely going to be my little rock-crawling buddy!! Can't wait for her to get a little bigger so I can take her along. If she's anything like her momma, she'll be telling me which way to go before long as well!!!

Know what I mean?

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
the look on her face seems to be saying.....
"okay dad....WHERE am I suppose to sit!"
Looking Awesome!!!
(now just remember, when you put the steering wheel on, .....;D )
j/k Dale!