• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Blueprint 306 Package

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
forum member of long standing in the "Explorer collection department" here.
I think his username is sanndmann3?
Bought two from him many years ago now, but all of a sudden I'm drawing a blank on the actual username. But pretty sure that's it, or at least close.

paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
No way you're alone in that regard! I forget stuff all the time.
Luckily for me I still remember most of them the next day, or the middle of the night. Gotta love those "eureka!" moments at 3am!

Paul

ChrisC74

I appreciate the responses. I'm planning to do the Bronco version 306/4R70 package.

Curious of any other mods I would need to make on a stock Bronco. I already have a 1" body lift so don't expect any clearance issues. Anything else I need to be concerned with?

Also need to replace my 4 core radiator which has been repaired two times. Any recommendations on a replacement?

Thanks everyone
Don't forget looking at changing your gearing if you are going with an overdrive trans like the 4R70

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

tripleJs15

And I thought I was the only one who forgot things... :p lol
I have put a few kits together over the years for forum members... info can be found here if you are interested: https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220355&highlight=serpentine
Hope I'm not hijacking thread. Explorer set up should cool ya down better than just about anything else out there.

This is great info - thanks for sharing - I need is the timing cover from what year explorer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamabaja

Contributor
Loc.
The Shoals
BP furnished front end. BP sources from different suppliers. Why I suggested get detail info during purchase. I have mine running but not driving. So no real world experience. Main install issues involved radiator placement and fab.

tripleJs15

BP furnished front end. BP sources from different suppliers. Why I suggested get detail info during purchase. I have mine running but not driving. So no real world experience. Main install issues involved radiator placement and fab.

When you say front furnished was it complete or did you still have to get accessory Drive etc from an explorer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iSense67

Loc.
Sarasota
I appreciate the responses. I'm planning to do the Bronco version 306/4R70 package.

Curious of any other mods I would need to make on a stock Bronco. I already have a 1" body lift so don't expect any clearance issues. Anything else I need to be concerned with?

Also need to replace my 4 core radiator which has been repaired two times. Any recommendations on a replacement?

Thanks everyone
I’m looking to install the Bp 306 efi with auto package. It would be interested how yours worked out and how happy are you? How does it drive in hwy? Did you have to do any lift to fit the engine?

iSense67

Loc.
Sarasota
I’ve rebuilt everything on my ‘77 except the engine/tran over the last few years. I’ve been thinking about a turnkey solution to that and looking at the Blueprint 306/4r70 package with EFI. I have FITech on the stock 302 and it has worked really well. Looking for an OD transmission. Any reasons to not go with the Blueprint package to finish it up?

I know the argument about using local builders but I’m looking for plug and play and something that has some guarantee. Running the numbers it looks as though the blueprint may be about the same price or less than a local build.

Lemme know what you think.
Did you make the switch and if so how happy and any learnings when you did it? I’m doing the same with a current 170 to the bp 306 auto

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m looking to install the Bp 306 efi with auto package. It would be interested how yours worked out and how happy are you? How does it drive in hwy? Did you have to do any lift to fit the engine?
Can't answer for those that have done it, but just as a general statement, a body lift helps with later model automatic transmission installs for sure. For the engine, it depends entirely on what induction system is used.
Stock body height fits normal V8 stuff and normal C4 stuff just fine. If you go with an overdrive transmission, or a taller intake system (whether carb or EFI) then at least a 1" body lift makes like much easier. The more lift, the easier some stuff fits. But most of us prefer the lower 1" lift.

If you go with a really big trans, or a really tall intake, but don't want a body lift or want to keep it to a minimum, then some trimming/modifying/tweaking of sheet metal is required.

Paul