• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Build for Moab 2009 Extended Mix, Labor Day?

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the picture. It looks like mine's steeper then your.

Eugene

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Coming along nicely Joe! I put a set of those Racelines on my Bronco last year and I really like them. I'm sure you will like them too! What Atlas are you running? I'm thinking that I am going to go with an Atlas very soon. Thinking about the 2 speed 5.0:1.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
What Atlas are you running? I'm thinking that I am going to go with an Atlas very soon. Thinking about the 2 speed 5.0:1.

This is the 2.0 4 speed version. So 2.0:1, 2.7:1 or 5.44:1. Basically it's going to be very similar to the Klune-V I had in front of the D20 in the 300 inline rig. But a little more engine....
Joe

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Coming along nicely sir-nice wheels by the way :)
KB

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Gonna clock that Atlas up to get a flat belly pan Joe?

I'm not Steve, this will have a good amount of lift on it and I'm not planning to do the extreme stuff with this one, I have the buggy for that.

I actually ordered the Atlas with the clock flat option and had to put a clocking ring on it to get it down to where it is.

It still sits higher than the link mounts, so should be fine.

I have considered lowering the whole assy, but then I'd have to cut the frame horns off, lower them, etc... Maybe I'll do that next winter.:cool:
Joe

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Joe

Nice work as usual. With moving the front three inches forward, will you have to mess with the cross member? I have the same set up in a box (Scout forward facing box) and the sane front suspension dreams.

doug boykin

Love the 408 stroker emblem. Where did you find them? I have a 408 stroker also and would like a pair.
Doug

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I can't believe I missed this Joe. Nice build! You always have something you're working on. Looking good. What's your design entail for the radius arms? I have considered getting longer springs for mine as well, and then moving the spring hangers up to get more of a flat belly.

J.D.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Joe

Nice work as usual. With moving the front three inches forward, will you have to mess with the cross member? I have the same set up in a box (Scout forward facing box) and the sane front suspension dreams.

It's actually 6" forward and there are no issues. I did the same thing on the last one and welded the new upper track bar mount directly to the bottom of the crossmember where it meets the frame.
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
I can't believe I missed this Joe. Nice build! You always have something you're working on. Looking good. What's your design entail for the radius arms? I have considered getting longer springs for mine as well, and then moving the spring hangers up to get more of a flat belly.

J.D.

I'm not sure yet. I have a couple of ideas in mind, but I'm still working out the details. I'm heading out of town for a bit, but I'll get back on it when I return home.
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
So the Brown Santa came today and dropped a couple of items off.
Joe

Here's the new Hi-9 center section, 35 spline ARB, 2nd load bolt, etc...

Hi9.jpg

And here is the 1310 Yoke for the front D60:

D60Yoke1310.jpg

Here's the front D60:

D60F1.jpg

And the PSC 1400 PS pump on the bracket:

PS1.jpg

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
That hi-9 is no good, you better send it to me for proper use, errr I mean disposal...

J.D.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Got the body flipped over on the jig and spent HOURS cleaning and blasting it to get all the junk and grease and dirt off it.

Still some more work to do, but I'm hoping to shoot the liner on it this weekend.
Joe

BodyBott1.jpg