• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Build for Moab 2009 Extended Mix, Labor Day?

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Yes, it's a terrible thing. Come on out here and buy the neighbors place and I'll think about it JD...

I think we saw that place online. I told my wife, I think that's the same street Joe lives on... Never know, could happen! But we still don't know where our next station is.

Is it nice enough down there to shoot liner?

J.D.

Colorado75Bronc

Loc.
Colorado Springs
Looks like its comin along nicely joe, im pretty sure i've met u b4 down at don allisons yard, did u happen to have a 80-86 bronco with a i-6 and a straight axle that was flat black a year or two ago?

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Looks like its comin along nicely joe, im pretty sure i've met u b4 down at don allisons yard, did u happen to have a 80-86 bronco with a i-6 and a straight axle that was flat black a year or two ago?

Thanks. I did/do still have that BB, an '83 with a RC D44 in front and the EFI 4.9, ZF and BW1356 sitting on 35" MT/Rs.
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Is it nice enough down there to shoot liner?
J.D.

It's flirting with it. The dealer said it needs to be 45 degrees at a minimum, I'm shooting for 50. If I need to I can put it in the shop and heat it for a while till it warms up outside, then shoot it. I'm shooting the bottom first anyway, so if it's less than perfect I'm not going to worry about it. I can wait on the interior till we have warm weather.
Joe

Colorado75Bronc

Loc.
Colorado Springs
yeah i thought so, my name is Corey, im not sure if u'd remember me or my truck, i was like 19 and had a brown and white 79' with a d60 in the rear, a knuckle out on the 44, 6" lift, i think i'd finished my shackle flip and buildin my new rear shackle, and i can't remember if it was sittin on 36" or 38" swampers at the time, and it had a pretty healthy 400m in it, i was down there talkin to don and u had just pulled in with the 83 to flex it on his ramp

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Got the body test fit on the frame today, as well as a couple of the little things done over the last couple of days. I'm working on a customer rig, so not getting much done on mine.

I did run to the 'Yard and pick up a '79 BB rear 9" housing and got it set under the springs. Set the front D60 under it to work out the spacing, then set the wheels in place to check it out. The back is still pretty high, I may have to pull a leaf out of the pack.
Joe

Tog1.jpg

Tog2.jpg

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
putting a hard top on? i took mine off and the back lifted 1.5'' plus get a gas tanks and tail gate and what not on, it might sag down enough. and are they new springs? might need to be broken in.

Colorado75Bronc

Loc.
Colorado Springs
yea i definitely was joe, i've actually sold that truck, i've now got a 75' that i've been buildin up slowly, in the next couple months im going to be setting it up with a fullwidth d44 and 9inch money permitting that is. your truck looks great, would ya mind if i stop by some time and c it? i occasionally go out to peyton, my fiance's family lives out there. and i live on the north side of the springs.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
putting a hard top on? i took mine off and the back lifted 1.5'' plus get a gas tanks and tail gate and what not on, it might sag down enough. and are they new springs? might need to be broken in.

I wish. The back end is actually cranked down with a ratchet strap to get it that low. It won't even collapse another 1/4" when I get up in the back of it and I'm near 275.

They are new springs and do need some break-in, we'll see how bad once it's actually all together.
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
yea i definitely was joe, i've actually sold that truck, i've now got a 75' that i've been buildin up slowly, in the next couple months im going to be setting it up with a fullwidth d44 and 9inch money permitting that is. your truck looks great, would ya mind if i stop by some time and c it? i occasionally go out to peyton, my fiance's family lives out there. and i live on the north side of the springs.

Yea, I'm around for the next couple weeks (except this Sat, I'll be out in GJ). Do you still have my phone#?
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Started work on the front axle, got the brackets and crap cut off the D60 and cut it down 4" on the passenger side.
Joe
D60Full.jpg

D60cut.jpg

D60Short1.jpg

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
And got started with building the new cage for it.
Joe

CageMain1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Stock width or a little wider?

J.D.

I'll be running roughly 65" WMS both front and back. The beadlocks have 4.5" backspace, so the axles need to be a bit wider to keep the tires out of the frame/body.
Joe