• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Safari 2011, May 1-8

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

We had a couple drivers show up that really put on the road trip to get here. RT started in British Columbia, headed down to SoCal, over into AZ and then up to Moab stopping at every cool event on the way! Don started in North Carolina visited friends along the way and is expecting to go back via Yellowstone! These guys are what legends are made of.. Drive their rig to the event, wheel them hard, them drive them home.

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

I caught that Jeep thing.

I am still chuckling over something I heard in Moab. After a day on Hell's Revenge, Nina (the sweet lady from N.C.) and I had 2 nine year olds riding in the back seat. They were singing and just happy, then one of them said to the other: "I caught that Jeep thing, now it hurts when I pee" there was a bit of silence then he went on to say "get it? .. me neither" . Nina and I were about in tears. Cracker figured they saw that bumper sticker or something in Moab.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
They read that bumper sticker in the T-shirt shop in Moab the day before. Now I raz Zach about peeing and Jeep-itis......;D Too funny, and the Barbie is dead song that he and Caden came up with is funny too..Had a great time, thanks again Steve for your efforts this year!! See ya next year..or maybe sooner...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, and photo 17 in that last batch would make a great desktop screen!
And 45, and 46...

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heres a link to a few pictures.
Had a great time as usual thanks to the hard work of others.....Steve and club, Cracker etc. Sorry if I missed ya but great work by all.

Some more great pics. There ya go, #203 is the money shot for next year's calendar!

Who bought the nice Bronco II? How did it work out? Did it still maintain their great turning radius capability with the big tires?

Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

Some more great pics. There ya go, #203 is the money shot for next year's calendar!

Who bought the nice Bronco II? How did it work out? Did it still maintain their great turning radius capability with the big tires?

Thanks

Paul

That amazing B2 is owned by Josh Bryner. It's been on the cover of Bronco Driver with a nice write up on it.. An explorer 5.0, AODE, EB dana 44 and 9 inch, arbs etc.. Josh wheels it hard and it works as good as it looks. As to the turning radius, he has Cage long arms on it. They're design lets bigger tires turn farther without hitting the arms.

-Steve

OP
OP
sstclair

sstclair

Don from N.C. sent me a note today. He's finally home. He put 6,588 miles on his '70 on this trip. Here's some shots of him in Moab.

Attachments

• Don on Fins.JPG
    Don on Fins.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF3256.jpg
    DSCF3256.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF3241.jpg
    DSCF3241.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: