• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Confused by this type brake pads

reamer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm no familiar to this set-up. I'm used to the big spring-steel clip riveted on the back and how, in this case, is the pad by the piston mounted, (being it is flush on the back side)? what would keep it from sliding out of the caliper?
Where does the small clip (on top of the caliper) go?
Thanks

Attachments

• caliper2.jpg
    caliper2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 86
  • caliper1.jpg
    caliper1.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 135
  • caliper.jpg
    caliper.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 125

ame

Looks like the caliper is designed to bolt on the the slide brackets that bolt to the axle, Do you have the brackets that bolts onto the axle?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i'd ditch the anti rattle clip and carry on. never had a issue with pads without them myself.

Qumanchew

Contributor
Loc.
Kutztown PA
I would have to see the caliper bracket to be sure, but I believe The pads will slide into the caliper bracket first, from the sides and sandwich the rotor. Then the caliper will slide down over them.

B RON CO

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Statesville, NC
Hi, as mentioned, the inner pad slides into the caliper bracket snug to the rotor. Some people use the spring clip on the inner pad. It is supposed to keep them quiet. The outer pad stays with the caliper like you have it. With that type of disc brake pad I use Permatex disc brake quiet spray on the backs of the pads before assembly. Good luck

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've always used the clip myself, so can't say whether it does any good or is not needed.
There are pictures of it installed floating around here somewhere. I am not on my usual computer or I'd post up a new one.
I'm sure someone has a pic.

Paul

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
that clip floating around it the wear indicator as the pad wears down that clip starts chirping. it clips on the end of the pad.

SHX669

Bronco Guru
there is a retainer clip that you have to insert / tap in / drive in that keeps it all in place. I don't see that retainer in your pictures.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
better view.. :D

Attachments

• BB01.jpg
    BB01.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 12
  • BB02.jpg
    BB02.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 23
  • BB03.jpg
    BB03.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 22

Shes mad

Grabbed this off google. Not the exact pad but this is how it goes

Attachments

• 341BA6E6-1841-42B5-B2F9-0D52CBB8EA5F.jpg
    341BA6E6-1841-42B5-B2F9-0D52CBB8EA5F.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 20

SHX669

Bronco Guru
The retainer is spring steel , about 3 1/2" long with a bend on each end . It drives into a " slot " that is formed when you place the pad around the rotor and caliper onto the backing plate.
I'm not talking about the spring rattle clip and I still don't see the retainer in your pictures.