• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did you buy this red Bronco on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Sorry, Typo. I meant to type "Hippies Stink"

He sure seems touchy with the nipple rings.
Also to ensure we no further offend the person who wears socks with sandals and nipple rings I think we should refer to him as Saddledown

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did get an answer...it has the same theme and tone as all of the other replies, all caps, lots of cussing and talking about butts and suppositories.

The buyer apparently didn't read the listing and thought it had disc when it actually had drums.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
He thinks I am single handedly screwing up his ebay auctions.

From 2006 (ebay: broncosbybama)
Seller does not have TITLE in HIS NAME!! FRAUD ? I didnt want to loose 9 grand! dollardollarbillsyall (109) Sep-05-06 07:42

Reply by broncosbybama (Sep-05-06 08:52):
BUYER DOES NOT UNDERSTAND OPEN TITLE OR ANTIQUE VEHICLES OR THE SELLING PROCESS!

From 2011 (ebay: broncosbybama)

Worst car deal I've ever done. Email me before bidding. BE CAREFUL!!! Google him ferra005 (597) Dec-02-11 17:22

Reply by broncosbybama (Dec-03-11 06:29):
BUYER WAS TOLD TO COME LOOK IT OVER BEFORE BIDDING! HE IS A LIAR,WHINER,AND POS

He is responsible for his own reputation. That is his decision. There are ramifications to our actions and how we treat people. His character decisions is why he had to sell under a different name ( lilbamaprincess ). That's not bbow's fault.

Last edited:

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
So what happened with the last auction that ended what it a shill bid or another dissatisfied customer? I know we had someone show up from the first time it did not sell, have we met the second almost victim, I mean buyer.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So what happened with the last auction that ended what it a shill bid or another dissatisfied customer? I know we had someone show up from the first time it did not sell, have we met the second almost victim, I mean buyer.

DB claims

HE LIKE YOUR BUDDY BBOW DID NOT READ THE LISTING VERY WELL AND THOUGHT OR LETS SAY ASSUMED IT WAS DISC BRAKES, WHEN IN FACT IT IS MANUAL. SO HE BACKED OUT BEFORE EVEN LOOKING AT IT

You can see DB is well educated in brake systems and functions.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
DB claims

You can see DB is well educated in brake systems and functions.

Well not to take his side on this, but I don't see in the ad where it said disk brakes. It's says manual brakes whatever those are. Sounds to me like the buyer got wind and found a reason to back out, that or it was a shill.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Ya'll do know that I have posted here again and now the thread will be locked.The thread ender/locker/jacker has arrived.....I got Nancy on the line...My neck hurts..

Carry on.....Sherri Hogg...Jr.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
There are always going to be guys like this out there. Horse traders & wheeler dealers. But from what I've seen this guy hasn't done anything a lot of other sellers haven't done by hiding flaws with flooring, paint, and spray-on liner. The only real difference is he he seems to have made a business of it. These guys will prey on the "starry eyed newbies" who can only see themselves bouncing happily down the trail in their new toy. They're afraid someone else will get the jump on their prize. They get into a hurry and guess what? They end up with a lot more work than they had wanted. This is probably worse in areas where cars get a lot of rust. Never be afraid to poke around for rust. Especially on the cowl where it's easy for these guys to cover it up. If you want to see a lot of Broncos, with very little rust come to CA. We're practically tripping over them. The main thing to keep in mind when shopping is, the seller wants my money more than I want his old car. If you loose sight of this, you could be the next sucker.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
this guy hasn't done anything a lot of other sellers haven't done by hiding flaws with flooring, paint, and spray-on liner.

Well now from what I have read, he has hidden a few titles too, which I don't believe a lot of sellers do and he has said running when it did not run. I totally understand accentuate the positive but this is a completely different matter.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Well now from what I have read, he has hidden a few titles too, which I don't believe a lot of sellers do and he has said running when it did not run. I totally understand accentuate the positive but this is a completely different matter.

Yes, it took me almost 9 months to be able to register mine and get a Louisiana Title for it. But remember, he sold it as having a "clear title" when in fact it had no title.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Yes, it took me almost 9 months to be able to register mine and get a Louisiana Title for it. But remember, he sold it as having a "clear title" when in fact it had no title.

wonder if he means "clear" that means you can't see it:-X

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA

I'm not trying to "accentuate the positive" here. It's just that it looks to me like the best way to stop guys like this is to STOP FEEDING THEM! Wine all you want but the purchaser has a lot of responsibility here. And wouldn't you check the title before purchase?

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I'm not trying to "accentuate the positive" here. It's just that it looks to me like the best way to stop guys like this is to STOP FEEDING THEM! Wine all you want but the purchaser has a lot of responsibility here. And wouldn't you check the title before purchase?

When I said accentuate the positive I was referring to writing a listing that only focuses on the good points of a vehical. I am ok with that, no one should be expected to undersell their vehical. But I do expect that when asked a specific question, a seller tells the truth about the condition of any aspect they are asked about. As well I expect them to not state outright lies in an ad. If the buyer does not ask then so be it, in this case we have a person that has been asked and proceeded to lie about the condition. That is fraud. Let me ask you this, if you buy a new TV and when it arrives it is obviously used and old, but the ad said new, do you think you are responsible for that as a buyer? Would you send it back? Would you be pissed if they did not take it back? I personally would not buy a truck over the internet knowing all the scams involved, but no mater my perspective on it, it does not make it the buyers responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.