• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone on here remember K Bar S Bronco Specialties

66broncofan

Contributor
I remember! - bought my first Bronco in 1993 and immediately was handed two catalogues KBARS and James Duff. I remember leafing through those catalogues so many times and marking the stuff I someday wanted to purchase. Never had .02 to rub together so I never made a purchase but was always inspired by the catalogue and photos. Thanks!

Tuck

I went TDY to Vegas one year & found them by accident. It was after hours, but they had an EB or two there. I went TDY back to Vegas very shortly after & was on a mission to stop in while they were open. Sometime between those trips they closed down :)

OP
OP
K

KbarS

Lots of great memories you guys are sharing, please keep them coming. I am still getting those old pictures to post of K BAR S so stay tuned. ;D

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Lots of great memories you guys are sharing, please keep them coming. I am still getting those old pictures to post of K BAR S so stay tuned. ;D

Dan, sounds like it's time for you to return to the Bronco fold. As you can see from all these responses, the Bronco community has lots of great people! It would be really cool for you to find an old K Bar S Bronco and restore it to what it was back in the day! I'll bet your dad would even help!

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Shoot we still have thousands of the "soup can" labels left here at Unique Label. :) Couldn't bring myself to throw them out. I think there may even be one of the windshield stickers left.

kbars.jpg

MVC-004S.jpg

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Shoot we still have thousands of the "soup can" labels left here at Unique Label. :) Couldn't bring myself to throw them out. I think there may even be one of the windshield stickers left.

kbars.jpg

MVC-004S.jpg

Love to have a sticker for nostalgia's sake. How much if I send a self addressed stamped envelope?

Gud Racing

Bronco Guru
Sorry, they're not mine to sell. Ken asked me to hold on to them for now. I am sure he has some plan. ?:?

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
I have a K Bar S 2.5 in lift on my bronco, 8 of the silver adjustable shocks I think they are the gabriels, and a steering wheel that I know for sure are from them. AND they are brand new, never been out on the road. :cool:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
In December of 1986, my family went on a short vacation over the holidays that included some time in Las Vegas. Of course I made sure our trip to Vegas included a trip to K Bar S. I've included a couple of old pictures from that trip that I have in an old photo album. I was a high school senior at the time and am definitely trying to look serious in the pix. It was a real thrill to sit in Crazy Horse and Little Foot. John and company were very gracious in showing us around.

Todd Z.

Attachments

• scan0001 (Large).jpg
    scan0001 (Large).jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 405
  • scan0002 (Large).jpg
    scan0002 (Large).jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 434

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
It has been incredibly cool reading this thread, but I have to say that it is nice to know what the world famous ToddZ looks like - even if he is hamming it up for the camera ;D

Unfortunately, KbarS was just about at the end of it's life when I bought my Bronco in late 1999. It wasn't until I joined this board a couple of years later that I'd heard of them, and they had closed up shop by then. It has been interesting reading everyone's stories.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
In December of 1986, my family went on a short vacation over the holidays that included some time in Las Vegas. Of course I made sure our trip to Vegas included a trip to K Bar S. I've included a couple of old pictures from that trip that I have in an old photo album. I was a high school senior at the time and am definitely trying to look serious in the pix. It was a real thrill to sit in Crazy Horse and Little Foot. John and company were very gracious in showing us around.

Todd Z.

Nice pics Todd-I bet my buddy Alan S. would greatly apprecitate a scan of the pic. of LittleFoot you posted-Looks a bit different now !!!
Nice shorts considering it was the 80's-always ahead of the curve........ :)
kb

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
My first Bronco was a 88', my first Bronco catalog was K bar S. I was unfortunate to be one that never purchased any thing from them, 20 years old and broke! I talked to John several times about getting more power and economy out of mine, I still remember of dreaming of his super charged big Bronco. This lead me to a long list of big Bronco's and finally my newest and oldest 72'. Glad to hear he is still doing well.

David

OP
OP
K

KbarS

Todd Z.

I probably met you when you came in. I worked for my dad until 87' when I left to become a union finish carpenter in CA. It's real cool to see those pics. Thanks.

jakesdog

Loc.
Bakersfield, Ca.
I remember KbarS, and the conversations I had with your dad about my 75. He was a great guy to talk to, and he gave me several tips and advice more than once. I bought a fiberglass hood, 4 core radiator, roll cage, coil springs, double shock kit, headliner, bikini top, side marker lens', door inserts, door hinge bushing kit, and some other stuff between 1990 and 1995. Damn! I wish I could I could afford to buy another Bronco right now.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Funny we were just in Vegas and was thinking/talking about KbarS. I have also been to the KbarS shop a few times. You guys used to send power brake sales my way and we used to buy parts and get free knowlage from you guys. Thanks. Also bought a lot of stuff at the BR sale. I still have new T-shirts, stickers instructions and other stuff around.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
I got parts from them also. I have catalogs, stickers and some hardware I never used in some boxes from them. Perhaps they could get some of this federal money being thrown about to unworthy companies. Sure be nice to have them back; they were good peeps-but it seems most people related to Bronco are.

berdeman

A few months back I stopped in to the new ORW in temecula CA. There was a yellow roadster outside. I asked about it and the manager siad it was his. He siad it was built by K bar S and he had perchased it from a former K bar S family member who had it in storage for a number of years. I looked like a time machine. Some kind of four speed, built 351, old school type suspension. A few weeks later I saw it on Craigs list, I went back to ORW to speek to the manager about perchasing it but he said it was sold back to someone or a friend of someone in the K bar S family. I was dissapointed it was gone but glad that a peice of Bronco history would not be lost to someone else that would understand the history.

72beater

"Little Foot" was the inspiration for my first EB! And John was the only vendor who would even think about talking to some 15 year old kid about putting a 351c in an uncut '66. I bought a lift and soft top from him. Sadly the bronco was stolen before the cleveland went in. I still have my last KbarS catalog and still admire the rigs in it. Tell your dad thanks for me too!

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
I stopped by the shop in '98 when I was in town for the inaugural Vegas Nascar race. Patti and Ken were very cordial, giving my wife and I a tour.