• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duffs sold?

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Heard that Duffs may have been sold, inventory being liquidated or even bankrupted.

Anyone know anything about this?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
As of 4 days ago there was no indication of this from the Duff crew. They were at SOB the same as usual. I think someone is probably spreading nasty rumors.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
There has been no inventory liquidation at Duffs.
BC Broncos was doing some liquidation last winter in order to make their move from Cali to Texas easier.

Where did you hear this rumor?

Baja71

Bronco Guru
lars said:
Heard that Duffs may have been sold, inventory being liquidated or even bankrupted.

Anyone know anything about this?

I just talked with them yesterday. I think they'd have mentioned it to me. :cool:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Just passing this on from the BFIX mailing list - I have no verification either way. Last message I saw said that Duff's was sold and the new owner(s) would continue in business as usual and that Suzy was staying on. If true, sounds simply like James is going to enjoy a well deserved retirement!

H

Heinz_67

I heard the shop was moving east to like TN and the editor or something like that from Bronco Driver bought them.

Who knows?

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The closest thing I knew about this was K-bar-S went belly up and liquidated about 5 years ago.

I have not seen Duffs going through the same struggles that K-bar-S did.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
I hope it's not true.. But if they do move to TN that would save me alot on shipping..

mountainview68

Loc.
yet to be determined
I heard the same thing at SOB. Limited inventory. Selling and moving operations to TN. Again, just a rumor around the flashlight (For those of you lucky ones that did not get a campfire either)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Broncobowsher said:
The closest thing I knew about this was K-bar-S went belly up and liquidated about 5 years ago.

I have not seen Duffs going through the same struggles that K-bar-S did.
wasn't K-bar-S's struggle a divorce?

purple72

Loc.
Wilkinson,IN
No, their demise was due to failure to change with the times. They toyed with going the Explorer route for awhile, and just going aftermarket add-ons, but it never took off. Besides, Ken & Patti were pretty burnt out on Broncos by the late 90's.

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
LOVE IT!!! Unless you are privy to the Duff's, or they have sold it and you are the ones getting it, y'all are just pissing into the wind. JUST CALL THEM AND ASK, otherwise you are nothing better than the National Enquirer.

purple72

Loc.
Wilkinson,IN
I'm sure Duffs might clarify this. But then again, maybe not. It's their business anyway. Besides, time will tell, won't it?

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Dark Star said:
LOVE IT!!! Unless you are privy to the Duff's, or they have sold it and you are the ones getting it, y'all are just pissing into the wind. JUST CALL THEM AND ASK, otherwise you are nothing better than the National Enquirer.

I agree. You are all sounding like a buncha Chicken Littles.