• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FiTech EFI pre-order info

romerdoug

Any updates from the few guys running this set up? I placed my order and I am just waiting for delivery.

I would love to be able to tell you what I think of it but I am still waiting on the Fuel Command Center. I'm hoping it will be shipped soon!

romerdoug

Did they give you an estimated shipping date?

I received an email from them on the 22nd of September stating they are backordered with an added 2 1/2 week lead time. I haven't received any additional information, I emailed them today to ask for any updates. I will let you know as soon as I hear something from them. I'm assuming you ordered the Fuel Command Center as well?

rnrmp

Loc.
owasso
I'm still very happy with mine, did great on the trails at OCBR, then I broke a shock and the front brakes went out so it got parked. Back on the road now and good cold starts and excellent power and will smoke 33's no problems.

romerdoug

I talked to them today and the Fuel Command Center should be shipped in a week. Now the matte black base system is on backorder but from the way they talked they should be coming in and shipping at about the same time.

romerdoug

You're welcome. I'm hoping they are here sooner than they anticipate, I am really looking forward to getting it installed!

romerdoug

When I spoke with them last week they said as soon as they are released through customs they will do quality checks and test them. After that they will ship, she estimated around 5 days after they are released from customs before they ship.

romerdoug

What type of intake are you currently running? The system will bolt up to pretty much any 4 barrel intake and is self tuning so in theory would work on the i6 as long as you have a 4 barrel intake.

romerdoug

That is true, I would give them a call to find out. If you think about it our stock 302 is around 200 hp. Even with a new intake if your running a mostly stock 302 you aren't producing 250 hp. It would be interesting to see if anybody on here is running this setup on a fairly stock engine. I would still call and check.

mainsail09

Contributor
Loc.
Tuscaloosa
subscribed

ordered the Fitech EFI and FCC last week based on the discussion here after looking at everything else, ie Holly, MSD, Edelboock, Affordable.....Heard horror stories about tech support.

I really like the price and that the EEC was incorporated into the throttle body.

I was told by Bryce it may ship late this week. Maybe!

bannind

If you are using the FiTech EFI to control timing, is there any reason to keep the MSD 6AL ignition control box in the mix?

Are the people who have setup the FiTech to control timing, happy with how it is functioning?

romerdoug

I just talked to Caren, the Fuel Command Centers have been released and they will be doing quality testing on them and she hopes to ship them out late this week or early next week. The EFI unit I ordered was the matte black unit. It is also on backorder, she said she hopes to ship my whole order late next week.

ncsubronc

Looks like a cool setup...I like that it is boost friendly ;D Doesn't seem like a bad price as a new blow through carb is $700+

bteutsch

I was told that it was installed on a stock 289 with no issues. I have basically a stock 302. Only upgrades were edelbrock performer intake, edelbrock performer cam, headers and Duraspark ignition. So I was basically told there really wasn't a minimum horsepower required for the system to work.

I haven't setup the timing control yet. Still using vacuum advance. I don't think you need a MSD or Duraspark box once timing control is used. I think it can be hooked up with them in place though.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I recently set mine up to control timing. I have a 6AL box though I'm using along with it. Seems kind of flat now but I stil have to tweak some things. You will neeed to get an adjustable rotor to dial the dizzy in phase.