• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

FiTech EFI pre-order info

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Question for ya Kyle...how come you're thinking of going away from stock SEFI stuff?

ricky

Loc.
beaumon,texas 77706
well,i'm definitely late to the party here..but have heard of Fitech over on some racing /mustang boards that I am on

sounds like everyone has been happy with their purchase so far? anymore comments from people that have installed them? I am looking at the 600 power adder setup ,which will come in handy when I install my blower later..i was thinking of making a fuel pickup and running a bosch inline pump..i was thinking that this setup needed to have a hi pressure pump,but apparently I am reading that wrong?

BigB

I installed the 600cfm throttle body plus fuel command centre. Had a problem with it starting and would die straight away. Went through some things with their tech line and ended up resetting the ECU, which only took about a minute. They stated had never seen that problem before.

Fired right up and took it for a spin. Throttle response is night and day from my 600 holley. Haven't done much driving as my steering box has taken a dump.

swampbog

Had a problem with it starting and would die straight away. Went through some things with their tech line and ended up resetting the ECU, which only took about a minute. They stated had never seen that problem before.

BullPucky
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=7441193#post7441193
If you read majority of this thread it's about him having problems with cold starts and how it dies after a cold start.
AND he's been in contact with FiTech the whole time.

They do have some issues with some of their people answering the phone. I got a real doozy one day and was told a nice line of BS about how the ECU has a lifetime warranty and when I questioned him he said that it should and he couldn't see why it wouldn't have that but he'll double check and get back to me. Well I never heard anything back and they don't have a lifetime warranty on the ECU.
You gotta question the person on the phone to see if they know what they are talking about.

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
Ok I feel a little annoyed as I went to purchase the Fuel Commander and it said:

Free Shipping on orders
Product Code: 40003

I too that as free shipping, but when I went to check out they want $22.50 for shipping. I emailed them and they said oh that free shipping is on orders of $1495 or more. I know $22.50 is a drop in the bucket in the scheme of things, but it just kind of irks me. Maybe I am just spoiled by Amazon Prime.

BigB

Ok I feel a little annoyed as I went to purchase the Fuel Commander and it said:

Free Shipping on orders
Product Code: 40003

I too that as free shipping, but when I went to check out they want $22.50 for shipping. I emailed them and they said oh that free shipping is on orders of $1495 or more. I know $22.50 is a drop in the bucket in the scheme of things, but it just kind of irks me. Maybe I am just spoiled by Amazon Prime.

I'm pretty sure it states clearly on the web page that it is free shipping for over $1495. At least I saw it easily.

Cancel the order and get it from summit or jegs, with free shipping.

BigB

BullPucky
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?p=7441193#post7441193
If you read majority of this thread it's about him having problems with cold starts and how it dies after a cold start.
AND he's been in contact with FiTech the whole time.

They do have some issues with some of their people answering the phone. I got a real doozy one day and was told a nice line of BS about how the ECU has a lifetime warranty and when I questioned him he said that it should and he couldn't see why it wouldn't have that but he'll double check and get back to me. Well I never heard anything back and they don't have a lifetime warranty on the ECU.
You gotta question the person on the phone to see if they know what they are talking about.

I haven't read that thread.

But I'm not sure what they would gain by having me on the phone, other than listening to my accent.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
Went through some things with their tech line and ended up resetting the ECU, which only took about a minute.

How did they have you reset the ecu? I know you can reset self learn....I would love to reset back to stock config and start over.

bteutsch

I used the BC Broncos Throttle cable.. Works great. I wanted to keep the factory linkage but I was not getting full movement out of the linkage. Only about half throttle no matter how I adjusted it. Cable worked like a charm.

e1a5af951c9b18f6925fab1dfe4aa858.jpg

swampbog

I haven't read that thread.

But I'm not sure what they would gain by having me on the phone, other than listening to my accent.

You need to read that thread, especially now that he got the unit back from FiTech and how it still gives him the same problem.
He has a low vacuum motor with a wild cam that FiTech says it should work with it.

BigB

How did they have you reset the ecu? I know you can reset self learn....I would love to reset back to stock config and start over.

I can't remember the exact name of the button, I would have to go through the handheld options.

If you want to do that why don't you just talk to them and get them to walk you through it?

BigB

You need to read that thread, especially now that he got the unit back from FiTech and how it still gives him the same problem.
He has a low vacuum motor with a wild cam that FiTech says it should work with it.

I read some of the thread,I'm not going to argue he is having a problem, nor will I read it all. But from what I did read he seems to be having a LOT of electrical problems, other than the fitech.

I was surprised when I installed it that it didn't come with a dedicated earth, and I think running one through the harness to connect to the battery is a good idea, and one that I will do.

I feel part of my problems were my battery is old and it was low 20's when I was trying to get it going. I now know that this system needs a lot of juice to kick over where as with my carb it would struggle and finally kick over.

I have a new wiring harness in my truck but need to swap out the ignition switch, as it is worn out and sometimes wouldn't let the carb turn over without a wiggle. So that was doing me no favors.

I don't know of one product out there that is totally fault free, you only need to look on this forum. Hopefully they will do the right thing by him or otherwise he purchased with a credit card that will back him up for a refund.

I purchased through summit and also with my american express so I feel covered in that department.

Working on muscle cars can be extremely frustrating at times and I feel his pain. My transfer casing recently starting dumping all it's oil and now my steering box has taken a dump. I won't mention all the problems I've had over the last 12mths with my 66 Fairlane or 70 Torino Cobra.

swampbog

I read some of the thread,I'm not going to argue he is having a problem, nor will I read it all. But from what I did read he seems to be having a LOT of electrical problems, other than the fitech.

I was surprised when I installed it that it didn't come with a dedicated earth, and I think running one through the harness to connect to the battery is a good idea, and one that I will do.

I feel part of my problems were my battery is old and it was low 20's when I was trying to get it going. I now know that this system needs a lot of juice to kick over where as with my carb it would struggle and finally kick over.

I have a new wiring harness in my truck but need to swap out the ignition switch, as it is worn out and sometimes wouldn't let the carb turn over without a wiggle. So that was doing me no favors.

I don't know of one product out there that is totally fault free, you only need to look on this forum. Hopefully they will do the right thing by him or otherwise he purchased with a credit card that will back him up for a refund.

I purchased through summit and also with my american express so I feel covered in that department.

Working on muscle cars can be extremely frustrating at times and I feel his pain. My transfer casing recently starting dumping all it's oil and now my steering box has taken a dump. I won't mention all the problems I've had over the last 12mths with my 66 Fairlane or 70 Torino Cobra.

Yeah the lack of ground shocked (no pun) me to.
I don't think his problems right now is the trucks electrical system but something in the FiTech software or a component that doesn't like his set-up.
To tell the truth, his problems or the little complaints on their customer service will not deter me from buying one this spring. Out of the hundreds of threads I read about the FiTech there is so few of issues that it's a good bet that it will work for me.
Working on muscle cars/trucks is a passion and with passions there comes highs and lows but the highs always out weigh the lows. If you spent 10 years building a car up and then get to drive it for only one summer before something major happens, when your old and in a home you'll fondly look back at that one summer and not think about the 10 years that it took you to build it

68stang73

I read the last 10 pages or is. The one guy totally butchered the system. The OP on the other hand did get his system tested and reconfigured but after he got it back youl see he had other MAJORE issues that would have contributed to his problem. Honestly I think the fitech unit was fine. But with the other bad equipment how can the fitech work properly? In my business I see this alot where its NEVER their fault but the product and at the end of the day 99% of the time it's their fault. Just my .02 . I'll be buying my fitech 600 soon.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I can't remember the exact name of the button, I would have to go through the handheld options.

If you want to do that why don't you just talk to them and get them to walk you through it?

Well there were two reasons:
one, I didn't know that was an option until I saw your post and two,figured if it only took a minute for you to do you may have remembered and I could avoid the phone call.
I will call them for the info.
Thanks,

BigB

Well there were two reasons:
one, I didn't know that was an option until I saw your post and two,figured if it only took a minute for you to do you may have remembered and I could avoid the phone call.
I will call them for the info.
Thanks,

No worries, I just can't remember if it was just pushing the one button. They had me do a bunch of things and I'd hate to say "just push that button" and it screws you.

tribaltalon

Loc.
Humble Texas
I noticed that jegs has no date estimated for delivery for the 400 hp version. also weird that there's nothing on FiTech's site about the 400 hp version

bannind

I would rather give my money directly to FiTech, rather than have Summitt/Jeg's take their cut for playing middle man.