• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fitech RPM Noise Code

OP
OP
M

mduenas

Loc.
Los Angeles
I can’t believe it! I got the truck to crank and sputter. No rpm noise code. BUT it won’t stay running. Just shuts off immediately. No codes. Didn’t change timing. I did however change my ignition module in my distributor. Put my old pertronix back in that it worked with before with a new module inside. I have spark but won’t run. Any ideas?

Dylan_Shaffer

Loc.
Huntington Beach
I hope you've sorted this out by now. I was having similar issues earlier this year and instead of the engine shutting off I developed a horrible misfire (I was using the timing control settings). I tried everything, replaced the coil, replaced injectors, replaced the magnetic pickup in the distributor, replaced the o2 sensor, wrapped everything in foil and nothing helped. It ended up being my spark plug wires and coil wire. I started my engine at night, in the dark and you could see electricity arcing from all of the ignition wires onto the efi unit, heater lines, anything metal, it was crazy. I relocated my coil closer to the distributor and replaced all of my spark plug wires the next day and the problem was gone instantly. Id highly recommend replacing your wires, mine ran great for two years before this problem developed what seemed to be overnight.