• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Free Ford Build Sheet

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
well i just off the phone with ford ordering one FOR THE SECOND TIME since i never got my first one. i hope i get one this time.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
It has been 3 months since I called mine in....do you think I should call it in again or send them something to that email address?

BigO

It has been 3 months since I called mine in....do you think I should call it in again or send them something to that email address?

If its been 3 months, I would give them a call again. I just received mine last week, and it only took about 4 weeks from when I called them.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I called today. Like many people have said previously they have a hard time believing that an 11 digit VIN is a VIN. With all the folks from this list alone that have called I'd think everyone that works there would know this by now. The last question the girl asked was "what is the mileage of the vehicle?" I told her about a quarter of a million miles. I think she must have nearly fell out of her chair judging from her reaction.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
So I finally called back this week since I have not heard anything from my February request. I gave the lady all of the info (just like last time) and as she was entering it all, she said "Did you requested this back in February?". She finally came to the conclusion that even though they took the information and entered it in Ford's system correctly, they left one digit off of the Vin when they submitted it to the third party historical research outfit. My question is, if she could figure that out why didn't someone from Ford resubmit it correctly when the report came back showing an error in the Vin? Anyway I am back on track now for a 4-6 week wait! All I have left on my frame off is some minor body work and the paint....maybe I will get this build sheet by the time I am done!

larsens68

Loc.
Kingman, Az
Build sheet

I sent for mine this week cant wait. The lady i talked to was also very nice and couldnt belive there were vehicles that old still on the road. The Henery Ford musesum is the ones doing the reasurch I belive. I ran in to the same problems alot of you have with the vin # only being eleven didgits. The first person I talked to had to put me on hold and get a supervisor. The supervisor told me that the rep thought it was some kind of internal customer service audit or a joke because the vin wasnt 17 didgits long.

don93063

Loc.
Ventura County,
I was lucky when I got my 69 for the fact that the original window sticker was in the glove compartment.
Shows what dealer it was originally delivered to.

Last edited:

Darrel

Loc.
Henderson, Nv.
I am the third owner of my 74 Ranger. It was built in September 73. I understand the year change over then was August so anything built after that date was designated the next model year.

I d0 not have the window sticker but Have the owners manual with original owner and dealership listed. It has always lived in Las Vegas area. The only changes were the po had put on a 2 inch JD lift and cut the wheel wells and added fiberglass flairs. I have all the original parts and accessories.

I later purchased a complete 4 volume set of 74 shop manuals. I was able to decode the vin with the manuals. I think I will still order the build sheet to see if it matches.

Last edited:

bgs26

Loc.
Eunice, LA
I called ford to get my build sheet and was told that they only go back as far as '67 (I have a '66). If I would have any info from the glovebox then they could decode the codes but, that is all. Unfortunatly I don't. All they could give me is a vin decode letter. Anyone else have this problem?