• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fresh eye candy

pierr

Loc.
Gordon,GA
Very clean end results,so kudos again to your work & level of expertise:cool:. However...If it had been mine..I would NEVER have molested a virgin,uncut '77 Ranger like that:-[:-X. Pierr.

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
thanks guys.
pierr, i understand your feelings, but you have to understand it's not my truck. it's the clinets and it's their dream. it's just my shops job to build it.

nosaj2k

Loc.
Green River, WY
Very clean end results,so kudos again to your work & level of expertise:cool:. However...If it had been mine..I would NEVER have molested a virgin,uncut '77 Ranger like that:-[:-X. Pierr.

Definitely understand, but wow. If this is what molested looks like, then molest away...

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Beautiful... Both of them! ;D

Do you have a part number for the deflector at the top of the radiator, it closes off the space between the rad and rad support. Both builds had them...

Doug

Tuck

If only I had the money...

I did a similar thing to mine. Body trim is gone, but left the grill trim. The body is all one color, so I left it on the grill just to break it up a little. I ditched the window chrome though. Great looking rig, as always!

jbregar

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
Hey Nick... Where do you source the piano-hinged aluminum boxes you use for the underhood fuse blocks and relays?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Had to bump your game up a notch after I posted all those pics of my ultra custom "Bill's Bronco Beach Baby Buggy" '67 build, d'int ya?

Great work Nick!!;)

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
Hey Nick... Where do you source the piano-hinged aluminum boxes you use for the underhood fuse blocks and relays?

i fab all those boxes up, same with the tool i use to work the lip into the fenders for strength as well as the radiator air deflectors over the condensors.

yes bill, trying to play catch up to you now since you raised the bar so high..you really are making it tough on this old guy..

thanks!

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
OK, I will probably go with that. I just Ospho'd the surface rust on my new panels.( They were under a tarp for a week) think I should have had them blasted, the ospho left some black residue i will prob have to sand off. Am I going to have any problems shooting primer over the ospho'd metal?????

OP
OP
NicksTrix

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
every build we do is in Ospho. just scuff it before you get it in primer. the black is meaning it's convereting rust cells.that tarp didn't breather and kept moisture on it.
Scorpion is the same as Al's liner. just in bulk packaging.
tip to spraying it is to reduce it 10%. i can't get it to spray otherwise. i just use a basic reducer to get the consistancy to work in my undercoating gun.

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Will do, thanks for the advice. This thing is getting frustrating. Dont know what I would do without the forum.

jbregar

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
i fab all those boxes up, same with the tool i use to work the lip into the fenders for strength as well as the radiator air deflectors over the condensors.

yes bill, trying to play catch up to you now since you raised the bar so high..you really are making it tough on this old guy..

thanks!

Any chance you'll fab one up for me? I've been looking for something similar since I saw your pics of that setup and haven't had much luck.

jb.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Nick, I wished I had never seen any of your Broncos... It leaves me feeling like my Bronco will never be nice enough. :) You keep raising the bar to what a restored, or modified EB could and should be. I either need to stop throwing a $1,000 bucks at my EB here and there and save up to have you do it all at once (and WAY better than I ever could) or just deal with the fact that my Bronco is what it is.. :)