• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gas Smell in Garage

johnshannon

Hello. I need some advice on getting rid of the gas smell in the garage. I have an aftermarket tank and fuel injection. When I remove the gas cap most of the time it has pressure on it, from temp change i guess. Do I need a charcoal canister? Any ideas on this would be great! Thanks?:?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, you need some vent to a collection cannistor and a way to purge that back into the intake. So you are not using any purge valve?

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I run a charcoal cannister with the tank vented into it, with the purge line running into a port on my carb. I never smell gas in my garage and I don't even run the purge valve, and we frequently see 100+ degree days in my area in the summer.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
If it has pressure on it then its working correctly does it smell like gas in the garage when it has pressure on it? Maybe some days its sticking and venting out the wrong way a new cap may fix the issue

knack

Contributor
What sort of gas are you talking about? Gas smell is a common problem here in Wisconsin garages due to beer and bratwurst consumption.