• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Guess this part game

Broncitis

MEB Founder
That's right. That one is EB specific and found on 66-67 hard-top lift gates when they had a separate lock cylinder from that of the handle.

Hmmm, I did not now 66 and 67 were had a separate lock. All my 66-67's have been U13 or U14's. Yet another interesting oddity of the early ones!

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Since I will never guess a part, I thought I would post a part. This might get guessed quickly, but at least I tried. I think it is year specific.

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_1625.JPG
    IMG_1625.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 33

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
It's a clip thingy doo-dad for something %) ?:? OCBR is going on right now which is keeping a lot of our southern brethren busy. :cool:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Here's another to keep it rolling. Item on the right.

How about another clue on this one? Was it originally flat like this or rolled? Looks bent and beat up a bit, so I am not sure it has been flattened out or not?

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
That is the clip that holds the vent/drain tube in the 66 metal air vent box on the driver side.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Originally flat, bent for use, taken off and beaten flat for measurements and replacement.

How about another clue on this one? Was it originally flat like this or rolled? Looks bent and beat up a bit, so I am not sure it has been flattened out or not?

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Originally flat, bent for use, taken off and beaten flat for measurements and replacement.

That is the metal strike plate that wraps around the original Whitco soft top jambs for the door handle to latch down too. So John, what prize of the day do I get? :D

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
IMG_0463.jpg

You got it, Tim. You win a virtual donut. I will send it now. ;D

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
On my part, the clip was all that was present when I removed it. My bronco did not have a metal driver side vent box, but you are very close in your thinking and function.

Scott

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Hmmm, I did not now 66 and 67 were had a separate lock. All my 66-67's have been U13 or U14's. Yet another interesting oddity of the early ones!
And once it breaks like mine, you can convert over to the locking handle as found on all the other years. Downside is you either have to fill the original lock hole or leave it in there (which looks a little weird with 2 locks in the liftgate).

Attachments

• IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    245.6 KB · Views: 14

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Here is one to keep it moving.....

Used on all 66-77 Broncos.

Attachments

• CIMG9795.jpg
    CIMG9795.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 42

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Way to easy buddy..... And yes, I have wanted to cut my wrist with a razor blade many a time while working on my rig...... Oh, its the other part, my bad!!!!!!!