• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hagerty Insurance... that was easy

lgdpt

So When I purchased my Bronco ~4 years ago I insured it with AAA and forgot about it bc I started tearing it down to re-do everything.

Its close to being drivable (if I can ever find the time to finish it) and I have a LOT more $ invested in it now and what if my garage caught on fire?

So yesterday I called AAA and they said, no matter what my Bronco looks like, the most they could have a 1970 Bronco valued at is 45k.

Then I went to Hagerty.com. I filled out an application and valued it at 80k. Guaranteed value ("In the event of a total covered loss, we guarantee that you"ll receive the amount we agreed upon").

...Because at that price if someone stole it or if it burned in a fire, I wouldn't feel like I "lost" and would have the $ to replace it. Also, who knows how high the price of these are going to go.

I wrote out an explanation paragraph of what I have...

"Original paint, frame off restoration, rebuilt engine...etc" and hit submit. No pictures, no phone calls.

I even claimed I was driving it 7k miles/year. That equates to almost 20 miles a day/everyday. It took me 5 minutes.

I got an email this morning with my cards and proof of insurance.

I figured this info might help someone with this process...

vtboy51

I just got two quotes for a $35,000 replacement value. Safeco was $1350/yr and Hagerty was $403/yr. I listed it as being driven 1500 miles per year which is more than enough for me. Just wanted to share.

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
I would not call it living if I only put 1500 miles a year. Get that thing out and drive it, that's what they are meant for. I put 2000 miles on it just to go to 1 event...come on fellas, they deserve your time and will repay you with a smile! I have mine through Grundy, agreed value at 90K and unlimited miles. Just cannot be your only ride and not your daily driver.

vtboy51

I just checked out the Grundy website and got quoted $258 for $35k of replacement cost. The price almost seems to good... what am i missing?

I would not call it living if I only put 1500 miles a year. Get that thing out and drive it, that's what they are meant for. I put 2000 miles on it just to go to 1 event...come on fellas, they deserve your time and will repay you with a smile! I have mine through Grundy, agreed value at 90K and unlimited miles. Just cannot be your only ride and not your daily driver.

gick70

I went thru State Farm 1/2 price of Hagerty,twice the overage!! I had Hagerty at one time!

tvall

I got Hagerty when I bought my Bronco 4 years ago. Super easy to set up but, thankfully, I haven't had to make a claim. Has anyone gone through the process with Hagerty or Grundy? It would be interesting to see how they compare when it really matters.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I copied my post from an earlier thread:

I've used Hagerty for the last 20 years, they were one of the few companies willing keep my policy on a Cobra replica when many others stopped insuring them due to inexperience drivers crashing.

They also insured two high end Ferrari replicas and several other custom vehicles.

My only claims came with 2 Broncos, where while working on one it was not put in park, rolled out of the garage down the driveway and crashed into another Bronco. Haggerty had a claims adjuster out in 3 days, and a check within a week or so. More than covered the cars to be professionally painted. Was a very simple easy process for a total of several thousand dollars.

They may be slightly more expensive, but with their support of the over all collector car world and good service I have no plans to change.

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

I copied my post from an earlier thread:

I've used Hagerty for the last 20 years, they were one of the few companies willing keep my policy on a Cobra replica when many others stopped insuring them due to inexperience drivers crashing.

They also insured two high end Ferrari replicas and several other custom vehicles.

My only claims came with 2 Broncos, where while working on one it was not put in park, rolled out of the garage down the driveway and crashed into another Bronco. Haggerty had a claims adjuster out in 3 days, and a check within a week or so. More than covered the cars to be professionally painted. Was a very simple easy process for a total of several thousand dollars.

They may be slightly more expensive, but with their support of the over all collector car world and good service I have no plans to change.

Thank you, that makes me even happier with my choice. The main thing I wanted to stress was the fact that I had no problems and even claimed I was driving up to 20 miles a day. That really made me happy. I cant wait to finish it so I can use it EVERY day.

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

I need to know how he got $80K. I was told $65 was the limit.

My guess is they adjust that number regularly since Broncos are so hot... Then based on the Broncos selling at auctions and listed for sale right now at over 100k...

BamaBlue'67

I have had Hagerty Ins on both Broncos I owned. Thankfully no claims.

I increased the replacement cost on the '73 11k this year with the help of their valuation tool. They know the market which is a major plus in my book.

I would only imagine that a conventional insurance provider would give you some grief over paying out 10s of thousands on a vehicle this age. Just my 2 cents.

pipeline010

I'm having trouble locking in insurance due to the fact that me and my wife don't have an extra car we don't need.

I've got a 2016 and the Bronco, that's it. My wife works on the island (I live on an island) where she can bike or walk to work but she only works about 4 months out of the year. Other than that she's a stay at home mom. Generally that means she doesn't need the newer car and, when she does, I take the Bronco.

Since we don't EACH have ANOTHER car I can't get stated value insurance on my Bronco....super irritating as an extra car would literally get less than 200 miles/year. As it is, the Bronco gets under 3k.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Don't EVER drive your Bronco off the pavement with Haggerty...even to a Nat'l Park, camping...

Haggerty will only insure mall crawler Broncos, nothing off road...period. We've gone over this a dozen times... lol

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Buy a 2007 ford escape for 2500, you have one for each then.

Suprisingly I just bought a 2007 with 140000 miles, put new shocks on drives great.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Hey Guys,

It's been awhile since I have been on here, missed you guys, but I got a call from a member asking about insurance for the Bronco and it prompted me to pop out here and see what you guys were talking about and low and behold come this post on the first page.

I posted about insurance a few years ago with information about the difference between Stated Value and Agreed Value - HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I also want to point out that State Farm's policy is a Stated Value policy, not good!!!

Check out this post for reference. https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260904

Here is a blog I wrote about Stated Value versus Agreed Value. http://lifelonginsuranceagency.com/classic-car-insurance-policies-and-the-differences/

I hope some of this helps but please ask your questions and I'm happy to help.

OP
OP
lgdpt

lgdpt

Hey Guys,

It's been awhile since I have been on here, missed you guys, but I got a call from a member asking about insurance for the Bronco and it prompted me to pop out here and see what you guys were talking about and low and behold come this post on the first page.

I posted about insurance a few years ago with information about the difference between Stated Value and Agreed Value - HUGE DIFFERENCE.

I also want to point out that State Farm's policy is a Stated Value policy, not good!!!

Check out this post for reference. https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=260904

Here is a blog I wrote about Stated Value versus Agreed Value. http://lifelonginsuranceagency.com/classic-car-insurance-policies-and-the-differences/

I hope some of this helps but please ask your questions and I'm happy to help.

I remember reading these posts....they helped me for sure. thank you

RedLeg0811

Loc.
Maltby, WA
Don't EVER drive your Bronco off the pavement with Haggerty...even to a Nat'l Park, camping...

Haggerty will only insure mall crawler Broncos, nothing off road...period. We've gone over this a dozen times... lol

The Hagerty person I had talked to years ago said, what ever you do drag it on to the pavement then call us.