• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I lost everything

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
You are still in my thoughts and prayers as well, stay strong and push through. We have a great group of guys and gals on here, I would encourage you to take some up some of their offers and give them a call or get together with them. Being around friend will help.

RV77

Loc.
Springfield,IL
Dave - I sincerely hope your last post helped to ease the pain a little to get that off your chest.I can honestly say I wasnt even thinking about " if I was the driver".I know your hurting and nobody is here to judge or second guess you...it was an accident.

Still thinking about all of this and we have never met.

Take care of yourself

Rick

bsquared

Contributor
As so many have already said....thoughts and prayers to a brother and your family. So sorry to hear of your loss. Condolences and healing to you, my friend.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
My brother, I'm sure you feel very alone at this time but you can know for certain that there are hundreds, if not thousands, of men and women on this site alone that are with you in spirit right now. We are praying for you and thinking about you daily and wishing on you a peace that can only come from the Lord. By all accounts you did everything you possibly could in those few seconds to avoid the accident. As a LEO you are a specially trained driver, in better control than most others on the road. If you couldn't save it noone could!! However that is of little solace to you at this time. As others have said, surround yourself with those that love you and your wife. This is the time to lean on them for support and cry on their shoulders. Please do not try to deal with this alone because it will continue to eat you alive. As you can see by this thread there are many, many people who are here for you whenever you need them. Pick up the phone and call someone when you need to vent, someone will answer and give you all the time you need. This brotherhood is the most amazing group I have ever been involved with. I cannot express how sad this accident and loss make me....and as someone else said it makes me reflect on my marriage and how much my wife means to me. May peace be with you in the days to come my friend. We are here for you when you need us.

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
MOOSE...I am stunned after reading your account of the accident that took your soulmate as My wife and I had one very similar .....except I was sparred the horrible grief and anguish. Moose please believe me when I tell you just how sorry I am that this has happened at all. In a small way I do know the pain you are living with..and Man it sucks...If anything I have said was out of line....please believe me when I tell you it of course was never intended to be.....And whereever you are now please know you have many here on earth who are praying for your wellbeing right now. God bless...patrick mitton

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
David, I don't know any words to say that will ease your pain and I truly hope you can reach out to us for support any time, any hour of any day that you need it. I'm a firm believer that things happen for a reason, although many times that reason is not apparent to us at the time. I can only assume that heaven put out a call for a beautiful, fun, warm graphic designer and chose Ellen to be the one. She will be sorely missed by all of us who knew her and we'll do all we can to keep her spirit alive in the bronco community.

I regret not being able to attend the service on Saturday with the others from MEB. Your are our friend, bronco brother and protector of all that is dear to us and please know we are here for you.

Judy

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Few lines that helped me .....

There’s no “normal” response to death.
Everybody is different, which means you’ll grieve differently than a family member or coworker.
Accepting yourself and others’ response to death is an important part of the grieving process!
Feeling your grief, anger, guilt, and all your emotions is important.
Give yourself permission to grieve, irregardless of what other people need or expect of you.
You may feel like your heart will break or you’ll fall into a black pit and never get out – but you have to feel your feelingsbefore you can heal.
Letting go of the past through expression of your feelings is healthy !

Remember that time heals – that old cliche!
Time does heal when you’re surviving the death of a spouse.
Whether it completely heals ALL wounds is a different story, but it does dull the pain a little.
Your feelings of loss and sadness may never go away, but with time your heavy burden of sadness will lighten.
( my personal opinion is that it doesn't heal , ..... over time you just learn to live with it )

Take Care of Yourself.
Remember to eat, try to get enough rest, and keep all things that are harmful to you
(such as alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, and too much stimuli) at a minimum.

Ultimately, the initial first few days are the hardest.
Simple bodily functions are no longer second nature.
You are no longer the person you used to be.
It’s like having a stroke and you have to learn to walk and talk again, except in this case, you may remember to walk and talk, but you don’t know how to eat, sleep, dream, or love.
You may not even remember how to care for yourself or for anyone else. All of these have to be learned again. In essence, you begin to reinvent yourself.

When you start to feel your sanity slip, do whatever positive thing you can think of to hold on:
pray, meditate, go get a full body massage at a spa, scream at a starlit sky, take a trip to a new place, stare at sunsets, lay in an open field and watch the clouds drift, or do all of these things at once:
Just do something for you! And don’t feel guilty about being selfish about it.

You can’t do anything for others if you don’t take care of yourself first.
You can’t be loving to others if you aren’t loving to yourself first.
Then, when you start to feel a sense of renewal, think about extending the love you still want to express for your wife in a way that will benefit others. Believe it or not, there will always be someone else who has experienced greater sadness and loss.

Keep Yourself Busy, find something to do to keep yourself occupied so that you aren’t so caught up in that cycle of loneliness and despair. ( in honor planting trees was something i found comfort in )

gl

Franko

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Franko.....you have spoken words sooooo very true.
Moose, I pray that you will take Franko's words to heart
I do not personally know you but you are my B'co Brother
you are included in our prayers daily here in Tulsa and will
continue to be. As many have said, please, please
reach out to any of us at any time....we're here for you.

jlake4130

Loc.
phoenix, az
I do not know you or you wife, however i know for a fact your wife would wish the best for you! Please remain strong and take care. If not for you then for her. Gob Bless!

Archbronco

Contributor
A tragic loss, that has been in my thoughts and prayers since the day I read about it. This is something, I believe, will stick with me for a very long time. I am very sorry for your loss. She was a true Gem.

Josh

ploidy

such horrible news:(...my condolences to the family, extended family and friends

DrLathrop

Loc.
Fulshear, TX
I just read this entire thread & looked over at my wife and baby girl laying in bed as we were watching TV and wept. I can't imagine your pain and heartache right now as I try to imagine what I would do if I lost my wife or baby girl. I would cry for days listening to the deafening roar of silence in our home. I would grieve for the loss until I could grieve no more. I would take solace in knowing the love we shared during our short time in this world. I would lean on my family, friends and the unwavering support from this great community. Take some time to remember the great times you shared with your wife and all the little things that made her special to you, the private things, the public things and the memories as those can never be taken away from you. Celebrate her life in all that you do as she is right there with you. The crushing pain will ease, the empty feeling in your gut will pass. The love will remain as you start your journey of healing. May God bless you and welcome your wife with open arms to a much better place. My sincere condolences.

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your tragedy has moved me very deeply. It's time I take a good look at what's most important in life. Be strong, and may you one day find peace.

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
David, I must tell you that each time I read these pages or read the posts you put here and on facebooks, I can't stop crying. That hot weekend in July, two years ago, when you and Ellen shared our home and we all played together (including the dogs), sweated together, ate together and worked together, you both became part of our island family and we all share your loss and pain. Bill is always searching for words that he just can't seem to find but I can tell it hurts him deep and he only wishes he had something to share with you to help with this loss, as do I but alas we can't. We are all here for you and our folks send their prayers to you as well.

Look at the idea of moving or getting away from your home for awhile so everything you see isn't an instant reminder. We know how hard it is to look at something everyday that you lost because our burnt house still lays in our yard. That loss is not even close to the loss you look at each day. Take care and come to the island if you can find any comfort in that.

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
David, I don't' know you but I was nearly in the same situation of loosing a loved one only 8 months ago.
I was in an accident that nearly took my sons legs and could have cost him his life.

I was driving.

It wasn't my fault but I took the responsibility and still do.
I know now that some accidents are only preventable after we look back.

When my mind starts to relive the mere seconds of the accident I change the channel.

I wanted to be punished physically, trade places. That would not have fixed him or made things any easier for my family.

It made me a better person I believe. I now have Patience and consideration of others that I didn't have before. Maybe that was the reason it happened?

You have touched many families with this tragedy. I am very saddened by your loss and pray that you will heal.

Take care.
Ed Yochum

Colorado75Bronc

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I'm so so very sorry for your loss, I cannot fathom losing my wife, I would love to give you words of wisdom or something to ease the pain, but I know nothing I say could compare to what has been said above, I have thought many times how I could deal with the loss of Crystal my wife, I know I would make it, but not without the help of friends and family. As others have stated this is one of the most amazing groups you could be a part of, and I cannot think of a more compassionate group of people, especially considering many including myself do not know you or your wife but would gladly lend a helping hand, so if you need someone to talk to or anything else we can help with don't be afraid to ask! Last of all please try not to place all the blame upon yourself, accidents happen, things beyond anyone's control, I know I've come plenty close in the past, and these things can and do happen in the blink of an eye. From reading your posts and others that knew her it sounds like she was a great person as do you. My condolences to you and your family and we'll keep you in our prayers, and hopefully I'll meet you on the trails one day!