• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

JunkYard Axle Swap, need advise

Nott

Hey guys,

At least now I know who to turn to, the expertise on this forum is bar none and I appreciate the help. I am still new to 4x4 in general, was always a hotrod guy but I got a new baby a 1973 Bronco and need some help.

Current setup is 302 and 3 speed on the tree with a JD 3.5" lift and 33" Mud Terrains. My dilema is I want a wider stance and the plans are endless as you all know first hand.

The plan is to buy a 1978-1979 bronco, I can get them cheap up this way, and I want to swap the axles, brake system and NP205 to my rig. The extra 7" of width is what I am looking for and the disc brakes aren't bad either.

The question is what all needs to be done to the 78-79 axles to do the swap and prevent future issues. I was told I have to move some mounts and so on but if its not to much trouble I would like more specifics or a link or how-to article to do this.

The future of my rig is a 5 speed transmission, 351 cleveland and a WH 5.5" lift. I feel more confortable going to this height with the extra 7" of axle width.

Thanks guys I greatly appreciate the help especially since I'm a newb!