• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy Dana 20 Tera Low Gear Set

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Not to say I am not interested but the searching the archives for prior mass buys on the tera gears and looks like they were bought for 590 and change.

Ben

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Heinz_67 said:
These guys quoted me a lot lower price than the proposed mass buy price when I was considering the swap. That was a year aga, but it might not hurt to give them a call.

http://www.trailquest.com/teralow/low20.shtml

Jim

I always thought the guy who proposed the mass buy came back with a $$ figure. I am amazed on this thread there have been several folks who have pricing already determined. Hopefully Modman will get a good price-looks like he has plenty of help if that does not materialize.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
kb6677, maybe I missed something but if I read it correctly? Modman posted the price would be 725 or less. But I frequently wrong.

Ben

70_Steve

Old Guy
Heinz_67 said:
These guys quoted me a lot lower price than the proposed mass buy price when I was considering the swap. That was a year aga, but it might not hurt to give them a call.

http://www.trailquest.com/teralow/low20.shtml

Jim
This is where I bought my TeraLows. Did a bunch of searching, and their price was much lower that the proposed mass buy price. It's very common for a distributor to offer a price much lower than the manufacturer.

Cut Up 75

Loc.
Minturn
I'm very interested, but I was quoted $599shipped to CO from Porc on Pirate4x4....

So, if the mass buy price can come down to that, I'll support this site first....Bronco LOVE!

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
bigmuddy said:
kb6677, maybe I missed something but if I read it correctly? Modman posted the price would be 725 or less. But I frequently wrong.

Ben
My mistake, I guess I can't read on Monday-my appologies to Mr Boooost as well.
Thanks,
Karl

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I have talked to people about these and word is the metals used is not the best quality.Supposedly, they not as strong as the stock gears, reguardless of ratio. Any input?

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Just a note on this. I did this conversion and love it, but that's not why I'm sticking my nose in this. If you do this SERIOUSLY consider putting Chuck's rear output shaft in the t-case at the same time. That's the week link in a Dana 20. Putting the 3.15s in puts an extra strain on the rear output shaft and you maybe sitting on the trail unable to move. I did the twin stick, terra and out put shaft all at once and never looked back.
I sent several friends this link to see if they're interested.
Is there a dead line yet?

ontherun

Loc.
San Antonio
bigjhoov said:
what's up L? They only give you about a 25% reduction depending on your t-case. Final drive is 3.14:1 I think. I think I will get more bang for the buck by going with the np435.

Ya.were looking for lower gears..like 4to1...or 3.8.....L

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Tera Gear Set

There is no deadline yet as my contact has been out of town. I will see how low we can get the price and post as soon as I know. Thanks for all the interest!

avbronco

Loc.
Apple Valley, CA
BC input shaft

As mentioned above by BART, what do you guys think about doing a simultaneous mass buy with Chuck at BCB on the LARGER input shaft? Might as well take care of all the weak links while you have the Dana 20 out!

OP
OP
Modman

Modman

Loc.
Laurens, SC
Output shaft

avbronco said:
As mentioned above by BART, what do you guys think about doing a simultaneous mass buy with Chuck at BCB on the LARGER input shaft? Might as well take care of all the weak links while you have the Dana 20 out!

I did try to get a price on the output shaft from Advance Adapters but they only sell thiers through Wildhorses. I will be glad to check on this as I also need this upgrade.