• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Confusion Build. After 2 1/2 years It started!!

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Since I deleted the heater intake slope from my lower cowl, I need a way to still get air into my heater box. Came up with this design to cover the gaping hole in my kickpanel.
I will mount the screened area towards the back of the truck and slope it down so any water that makes it's way in will drain out of the slots at the bottom of the box. At least, that's my theory.

Attachments

• heaterboxventcover.jpg
    heaterboxventcover.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 37

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
progress? none on mine in the last 2 weeks....tuff sleddin latley

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I hear ya. I was just checking in the thread showing off pics to guests here at the house. Austin's 8 bday today, Christmas concerts, boy/cubscouts, work blah blah blah. I have been trying to be thorough and nothing is really post-worthy with the new fenders.

I have to say that I am very happy with the fenders. I have them sanded down, new metal welded in and have to add some minor small bondo. They fit extremely well. Thanks again!

I was hoping to prime the entire rig before it grew too cold in the garage. Maybe if we get a warm weekend I can get out there and shoot. I really need to either rent a heater or borrow one that can take care of the garage or wait for a warm wave of weather.

On a side note, our friends five year old daughter who is quite the qirly girl wanted to see a pic of the Bronco tonight. Thinking she wouldn't be very impressed with the four different colors and no hood, I showed her the latest pic above. Her exact words were "that's coool!" I fell in love with her a little bit more for that. Then she wanted to go out in the garage and see it in person. Upon entering the garage she started going over the punch list of things that I need to do to complete it. Like take the tape off, put in seats, oh, and a steering wheel. Man, it was cute. Her mom said she'll pick up a wrench if I let her. She's coming over tomorrow to help put the new top on. :)

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
D,
If you want i have a heater you can use. It's a 40k btu bullet construction heater.
Thats probably all you can do without an uninsulated garage.
I could get it down to you but not till after Christmas. I think wed/thurs a significant storm is predicted so we can play by ear.
Let me know.

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
D,
If you want i have a heater you can use. It's a 40k btu bullet construction heater.
Thats probably all you can do without an uninsulated garage.
I could get it down to you but not till after Christmas. I think wed/thurs a significant storm is predicted so we can play by ear.
Let me know.

Thanks Dave, but I gave myself an early Christmas present. It works great too, had the garage up to 65-70 in about 15 minutes!

So I took the initiative and got some more primer on the truck. Sure helps to see the flaws a little better. Hoping to do more tomorrow, but the Mrs. has some last minute errand to run, so I will see how it goes.

Attachments

• DSC_1530[1].jpg
    DSC_1530[1].jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_1529[1].jpg
    DSC_1529[1].jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC_1528[1].jpg
    DSC_1528[1].jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 102

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Looking real good. remember to keep that heater off when you start spraying. Do not want you to actually try becoming a phoenix yourself.

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Looking real good. remember to keep that heater off when you start spraying. Do not want you to actually try becoming a phoenix yourself.

I like the extra heat it gives off. Kind of a bonus.

Naaah, I turned it off. Something about becoming self combusting before Christmas just didn't appeal to me. ;D

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Glad to see it worked well for you...She looks good all one color doesn't she?

jcpetrson

Getting to a single color is great progress. Your shop isn't covered in primer gray. What are you painting with?

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
I am using a Eastwood urethane Primer. I love the stuff. Very sandable and fills great. I paint a little at a time so it doesn't get primer all over the place. As for having it all one color....almost. I have to do the other side that I didn't take a pic of. :-[

But I am feeling really good about the progress.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
YOU should be feeling good, coming out great!

OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
It's been a month and I have done some small things. Finally took top off of the red bronco to start working on it. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

I was looking forward to see what the new paint would look like, so I prepped the dash and shot it today, taking advantage of the nice weather here. I also painted my wiper cover black. Dash turned out pretty good. Wasn't thrilled with the color at first as it was looking really purple. Brought the dash inside under incandesant lights and the blue popped out. Really like the color now.

Took the heater box completely apart, cleaned up the rust, did a pressure test on the core. Glad I did, as it had a small leak on the intake. I soldered up the crack, retest, and was good to go. I painted the box and cleaned it out. Hooked up the heater hoses and she's ready for fluid now.

Attachments

• DSC_1673.jpg
    DSC_1673.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSC_1674.jpg
    DSC_1674.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_1676.jpg
    DSC_1676.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_1561.jpg
    DSC_1561.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 84
OP
OP
71massbronco

71massbronco

Bronco Guru
Thanks all. I just used regular rustoleum black, but I steel wooled it, then wiped it with a tack cloth for prep. Hoping I gave it enough to hold on to.