• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Bronco Round Up *Pics Start on Page 26!*

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Thanks go out to everyone who helped organize and put on this event. You guys sure know how to throw a party! Great food, great folks, and great fun...and I was only there for one day!! Looking forward to the pics...

Last edited:

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I had a few things hold me back this year but was able to show up with my 5 year old son Cole on Saturday afternoon. It was a bit muddy from all the rain but it was another great event by MEB.
I also got to meet Tasker, NixTrix, the Bronco Driver folks and many other great people.

I cant wait to finish mine. Only a couple months to go.
Thanks MEB!

I will try to post some pics.
John

JIMS74

Loc.
PORTSMOUTH, VA.
Just got home, had to get on the road early Steve wanted to spend some farthers day time with his dad who is ill. Wanted to say thanks to the MEB staff, and all the venders for a great time, and everyone have a safe trip home. I can't wait for next year.
JIM

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I just got home too
10.5 hours
would have made it quicker, but had Nick following me for his delivery of that sweet Bronco he built. He just drives so dam slow (averaged 55 mph) ;D

On a side not the Ken and Todd show was out in full force today. They left about 45 minutes before Nick and myself, then entering Conneticut they go flying by us. About a hour later they go flying by us again.

I guess it is true what they say about the tortous and the hare

Had a great time, bunch of cool guys. My rear end that was just put back together made it there, wheeled with no problems, and made it home.

Don't get much better than that. I won't br 3 years between MEB Events again

Last edited:

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I just got home too
10.5 hours
would have made it quicker, but had Nick following me for his delivery of that sweet Bronco he built. He just drives so dam slow (averaged 55 mph) ;D

On a side not the Ken and Todd show was out in full force today. They left about 45 minutes before Nick and myself, then entering Conneticut they go flying by us. About a hour later they go flying by us again.

Had a great time, bunch of cool guys. My rear end that was just put back together made it there, wheeled with no problems, and made it home.

Don't get much better than that. I won't 3 years between MEB Events again

Good News Don, glad it held together for you!

How did our BONES contingent make out?

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Good News Don, glad it held together for you!

How did our BONES contingent make out?

well our BONES group are sure a weird set of guys

On my way down I called Randy since I knew he was way ahead of me, to get a weather report. He told me Todd blew up his power steering box and was limping it down there. Don't ask my why, but I had my old box with me. So I met them at the hotel, and gave him the box.

The next day(friday) we all went wheeling, to my shock Randy was in line with his truck, at the drivers meeting. So I decided to make sure I got into his group. I wanted to see what kind of trouble he would get into, and to be there if he needed a friends help. Both he and his truck did a awesome job, so he gets two big thumbs up from me.

After we had lunch out on the trail, We see Ken and Todd heading down the mountain. Ken Blew a front U Joint, and was limping back in 2WD

Other than that we all made it back to camp after a great day of weeling with minimal or no damage. A tree jumped out and got the rain gutter on my truck, but other than that mine wheeled awesome.

Saturday is where the Carnage for the Bones group happened. I wasn't with them, but Todd hit something, dented his grill and fender, and turned his tie rod bar into a U shape. Ken somewhere wrinkled his good rocker, so now they match.

I think Sean made it through the weekend pretty much trouble free. Though it was such a busy weekend I only saw him for about 5-10 minutes.

You should have tagged allong with us, as it was a awesome weekend. I have a spare seat if you want to go, next year.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
We had a fun time on Friday. I got to meet Howiebilt and see Mike again. Glad you two are still doing well. Bill, Judies, Gary, Randy, Great to see you all again! Wildhorses guys rock! My son got a shirt from them and he wouldn't take it off at bed time! I wish I met everyone else that was there but that is for another date.

Also, I am not a fan of the Gore campground anymore. Oh well.

It was a great event! MEB rocks!

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
Had a blast.. met a lot of great guys and gals.. and some cool dogs too. the wheeling was better than i ever imagined. the weather did'nt put a damper on the trip at all..if anything it made it better. The wife made out like a bandit in the raffle got most if not All the parts to finsh up her bronco. cant wait tell next year... YOU GUY'S THROW A HELL OF AN EVENT!!! and on a side note .drew... THAT BOY CAN DRIVE. i was amazed!!! i got some pics and videos ill post soon.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Had a blast.. met a lot of great guys and gals.. and some cool dogs too. the wheeling was better than i ever imagined. the weather did'nt put a damper on the trip at all..if anything it made it better. The wife made out like a bandit in the raffle got most if not All the parts to finsh up her bronco. cant wait tell next year... YOU GUY'S THROW A HELL OF AN EVENT!!! and on a side note .drew... THAT BOY CAN DRIVE. i was amazed!!! i got some pics and videos ill post soon.

Thanks for the compliment! I had a blast with that rig again and am amazed at how well it holds up with some of the abuse I put it through sometimes myself! It's the only way I can run with the 35"+ locked crowd on my little 31" swampers and no lift, but it sure makes me grin when I spank an obsticle that those guys have trouble with! ;D ;D

Looking forward to some pics or videos of that run up Squeeler if you have any!

It was great to meet you and your family and I look forward to seeing you guys there again next year as well!

broncokak

Bronco Guru

Ya ya, ya...and who was the one talking about hitting the 85MPH mark on the ride out?

Stopped for lunch once and stopped for gas. Can't quite figure out why a gas station just of Rt 84 doesn't have public restrooms??? So then we stopped again at a rest area.

Wipe off you nose...I think there is still a little brown on it! ;D LOL

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Saturday is where the Carnage for the Bones group happened. I wasn't with them, but Todd hit something, dented his grill and fender, and turned his tie rod bar into a U shape. Ken somewhere wrinkled his good rocker, so now they match.

Ya, Todd got a couple dents. This one in the front after he bumped up over an obstacle and right into a big tree. He got one on Friday on the driver's side rear right over the taillight too. He hit his rockers a few times too but the SS rockers held up real good. Don's Power steering box worked out well and that could not have been planned any better BWT. Don dropped it off to us at 10:30pmish and it was in and being test driven by midnight. Todd was also having some problems with his newly installed air lockers and after making almost all the way up the first trail on Friday he realized that he had unhooked the air like from his A/C compressor to get the steering box out. He actually made it all the way up in there with open diffs!!! He did bend his tie rod on a log / stump on Wahoo Oh, ya, he got stuck in the mud hole too! ;D All in all his Bronco ran great and most people were surprised he took it on the trails.

I did blew out a driver's side u-joint about half way up the Cotum and then limped back down Cobra in 2WD. Thanks to Gordon Bailie and Jim for winching me off the rocks. What all around nice guys these two were to hang out with. I wrinkled both of my rockers so now I have two dents on the driver's side and one on the passenger's side. Danged up both rockers again, nothing to bad.

When I broke my u-joint someone in the group gave me a complete short side axle to use. I had a spare u-joint but he gave it to me just in case. We fixed my rig on trailside on the Mine Spring trail and then our group caught back up to us. I returned the axle and thanked the guy for letting me have it. I don't know who he was but was thankful that someone had offered some parts to keep me going for the weekend. Then the next day Randy gave me his spare short side set up just in case I needed it. Thanks to both for that little extra touch that makes these events so great!

Attachments

• Ken's Pics Roundup 2009 055.jpg
    Ken's Pics Roundup 2009 055.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Ken's Pics Roundup 2009 056.jpg
    Ken's Pics Roundup 2009 056.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 24

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Thanks to all the MEB folks for putting on another great round up. It was an interesting trip from the get go, late nights getting the Broncos ready for the trip. Why is it that we all know this event is coming up each year and still wait until the week before to get the rigs ready??? Had a great time and met some old friends and made a few new ones too. Even got to give a few pointahs on how to talk with a Maine accent…

Thanks again for another great event!

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Matt, never saw you, figured you didn't make it.
Saw Todds rig on the trail sat as he passed, there were a couple I was shocked to see on the trails. One is Pete that is in my group every year.
I told Drew at the raffle, he is going to have to do something to immortalize Big Bear once/IF he ever finishes his trail rig.

But yes, had another great time, met alot of new folks this year, survived the rain, and hopefully my boy gets over the fear for next years event.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
more of the same here! Class people putting on a class event. Got o hang with my boys (and girls) and was psyched to meet alot of good people that i have only met over the net. Thanks guys and will post when i download the pics. Ken, Todd....you guys are nuts. Nothing but love for ya though. Don wheeled the snot out of his truck and did amazingly well, not that i didn't think it could, but just so nice to be taking where we thought a "level 2" trail was going to be. For the record i did ask if they had "pink" trails but Scoop said "um, no"......Give it up for BMC's son in the half cab! Drew, you rock! alot of great times that i'm still tired to post but they'll come....

tmacstickman

Had a great time, even though I spent alot of time chasing my kids and didnt do any wheeling. There's always next year. Great to meet some of the people I see here on the site, all good people

Thanks to MEB for a 1st class event.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
I'm back. Had a great time. Had a few issues along the way.

I'm gonna say for what Bigdogs is allegedly providing to MEB they failed miserably. There was mass confusion at the line up on which trails were being run, and who was running them. We heard the trail guides arguing about who was taking the easier rides out..The head of Bigdogs seemed to be going in 100 directions and would just keep change his plan ...The guide we got both days would drive ahead and just leave people to their own devices(hell we(the back half of the group) had to find our own way out the second day.

If someone broke he'd eventually come back and see what was going on but WELL after the group had long since been stopped. No help getting it running and/or getting it out of the way. Just kinda sat back and watched. He did little to mostly NO spotting. Which would have been helpful since he knows the trails. He became more of just another participant who happened to know where we were going. Maybe I've been spoiled by trail guides such as the likes of Dave Dehaven and Kane Riccardi over the years??? They showed you what you and your truck could do and were there every step of the way. Our guide did seem like a good kid and I coulda had beers with him but as a trail guide I give him a 2 out of 10.(I have heard through the grapevine he has already been taken to task about the issue via a conversation I had with a MEB member/friend about him, I'll thank him offline but it shows me that my friends in MEB are truly that, friends and they will look out for you)

I'll be very blunt on my next two items:

1) you guys who lose sight of the truck behind you, you should learn some trail etiquette. I cant tell you the number of times I was left guessing on which way to turn because the guy in front of me kept driving. For a good portion of the second day I might as well have been trail leader and then on the way out had to guess as to the right turns(missed one by the way) Hell it even happened to my friends on the NIGHT trail ride..left on the trail in the dark helping someone! They end up turning back when they couldnt catch up.

2) you guys who borrow parts....that someone actually takes off their truck for you(of which he has to drive back to Maine) and then you VERY(and I mean VERY) reluctantly give back and dont help re-install you flat out suck! You should have been laying on the mud in the dark putting it in his truck for him or at least helping get it back in before you worried about your own junk! Then you get given replacement by another friend and you dont even say thanks. You sir are a douche! I can truly say I wish to NEVER wheel with you again!

But all in all I thought the event was great. The great trails washed away the confusion and the frustration of the morning and the great friends I got to see after made it a distant memory of the day.

Cant wait to be back next year. It had been 4 years since my last event it showed me how much I miss all y'alls!

oh and a big thanks to Gordon Ballie(and Tim too) for his unofficial trail leading/spotting/and being all around nice guy on Friday. You are a class act!

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
lets throw some pictures out!

Attachments

• LJ4 033 (Small).jpg
    LJ4 033 (Small).jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 63
  • LJ4 020 (Small).jpg
    LJ4 020 (Small).jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 34