• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Bronco Round Up *Pics Start on Page 26!*

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Well, another East Coast Bronco Round Up is history! ;D

First I would like to thank all the Sponsors for the exceptional support this year - even with a down economy vendor support was up this year! I would like to give speicial thanks to all the Bronco vendors who came this year -

* Wild Horses - Wow - they brought Nightmare all the way from CA! Jim had to adjust his wheeling style to the wet, slippery East Coast conditions - and he caught on quickly!
* Duff's - Suzy, you guys are regulars now - I think you're gonna get kitchen duty next year! Thomas' "burn-out" technique at the crawl comp was awesome!
* NixTrix - Brought the camper and used it! Really awesome rig you brought for the customer in Boston. The little details were amazing!
* Gordon Baillie - Great to meet you.
* Bronco Design - Mike, nice surprise that you (and Howiebilt) could make it after all.
* Adventurous 4X4 - Thanks Randy, I really did want that camera, maybe next year!
* Bronco Driver - Always fun to have Tom, Donna and Brian there!
* Logan's Metalworks - Love the bumper!

The weather threatened to put a damper on the event, but as stated earlier I think it added to the fun! Everyone got soaked on Saturday morning but then the sun came and it was a great day. It did make the trails a bit slippery though.

It was great to meet lots of new people - many I've only met on CB - and see some old faces again. Thanks for coming to our event.

Finally a BIG thanks to all the staff and volunteers who pitch in to make this happen each year - you guys are awesome!

My memory stick filled up so I didn't get a lot of pics, but here are some.

Gary Gibson
MEB Round Up Chairman

Attachments

• RU 001.jpg
    RU 001.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 35
  • RU 008.jpg
    RU 008.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 29
  • RU 007.jpg
    RU 007.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 41
  • RU 006.jpg
    RU 006.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 18
  • RU 005.jpg
    RU 005.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 18
  • RU 004.jpg
    RU 004.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 34
  • RU 003.jpg
    RU 003.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 36
  • RU 002.jpg
    RU 002.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 22
  • RU 012.jpg
    RU 012.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 54
  • RU 011.jpg
    RU 011.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 35
  • RU 010.jpg
    RU 010.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 24
  • RU 009.jpg
    RU 009.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dang if I'm not one tired puppy!. We got back around 2300 hrs last night and we only have a 4 hour drive. ;D (Our gang spent Sunday putting lead down range.)

And ain't I just as proud as a Dad can be with the way my 12-year old son rocked his half-cab the first time out. I disovered pretty quickly that the apple don't fall far from the tree when it comes to having a heavy right foot..:p I have to chuckle at the range of reactions I saw this past weekend to my young lad wheeling his own iron. It can basically be broken in to three categories:

His Peers: "Hey!..Daaad!...he's my age. When you gonna build one for me??"
The Dads: "Well lookee there. That's pretty cool!"
The Moms:"grumble grumble..what's a 12-year-old doing in his own truck?"

:p ;D

We have tons of pics and vid clips that we'll be posting.

I also have some comments and observations to go along with AV8's complaints about the guide situation...just some additional points from my perspective as one who is both an MEB event volunteer a long-time regular at Big Dogs and one of the few who wheel there that have 'unguided access' status. We (MEB) can and will do better and the Big Dogs crew can (and usually does) do much better.;)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I had a great time too. But I have to agree with av8rds about the staging and trail guides. I was part of the 2 trail group green and blue trails. Well we ended up doing some pretty tough trails and harder blues. On friday our group stopped for lunch and our guide was going to take a couple of trucks back to the trail head that had had enough. At that point I had already put a dent in my taillight panel so I said what the hell I will finish the day out. It took the guide over an hour to get back too us buy then myself and most of the people in our group were pretty frustrated. The guide started along again and took us up Cobra trail less than half way up we started having issues and the group called it a day. So that was a bummer! Saturday was a mess because of the rain so I missed out on the ride that day!
With all that said I did have a great time and met some great people. My hat goes off to Warren and his kids he is the guy that drove from Oregon to NC in his bronco and wheeled it. I will go again next year.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Also, I am not a fan of the Gore campground anymore. Oh well.

I'm gonna say for what Bigdogs is allegedly providing to MEB they failed miserably. . .

Yea, we've got to do better in these 2 areas next year. Got a lot of complaints about the condition of and the (lack of) lights in the rest rooms and there was confusion with the trail guides - especially on Saturday during the rain when we had to split up the driver's meetings. Rain did not help but we can do better. My son was in a group where the first guy behind the trail guide did not keep the guy behind him in sight and had the same complaint.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
And ain't I just as proud as a Dad can be with the way my 12-year old son rocked his half-cab the first time out. I disovered pretty quickly that the apple don't fall far from the tree when it comes to having a heavy right foot..:p I have to chuckle at the range of reactions I saw this past weekend to my young lad wheeling his own iron. It can basically be broken in to three categories:

His Peers: "Hey!..Daaad!...he's my age. When you gonna build one for me??"
The Dads: "Well lookee there. That's pretty cool!"
The Moms:"grumble grumble..what's a 12-year-old doing in his own truck?"

:p ;D

I'll second, I heard a lot of talk over him driving! All good by the way! ;D

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
A Huge Thanks To All!!!

What can I say but a HUGE thanks to 1) the Roundup committee, 2) the sponsors who provided all the great raffle prizes, goodie bag items, event cups, trophies and GC's for the winners in the competitions, banners, and advertising, 3) Bigdogs Offroad and KGB, 4) the sponsors who came to the Roundup and socialized and wheeled with us, 5) and of course, the participants who came from east, west, north and south to have fun.

The one element we can't control is the weather and it was definitely a factor this year, but it seemed like everyone took it in stride and made the best of it. I don't know when I'll get the mud out of all the nooks and crannies in both broncos and the RV, but I know I have a lot of company in that aspect.

Hopefully everyone had a great time and is planning to come next year. If there are issues and concerns about the RU please let us know so we can improve on it going forward. I've heard lots of good stuff and a few not-so-good things.

The street cruise seemed to be a success in spite of starting out in the pouring rain, but the sun came out and we drove on. I think we got rained on only because the Breckenridge's were with us (open broncos), rain follows them everywhere but we love 'em anyway. There were 9 broncos running down the road and I saw lots of heads turning and a few pictures snapped as we drove along.

Thanks again to all who came and contributed to another great East Coast Bronco Roundup, and make plans now to come next year. Check the website www.earlybroncos.com for more MEB events coming up.

Judy Payne
President, MEB

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
I have some interesting pics getting the RVs and trailers out of the event field on Sunday, wait til you see some of the tow rigs that were used. Will post pics soon.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
Hey Gary, I didn't see any new dents in your rig. I think the silver may be a rock shield now.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Yeah I was cussing Warren for pulling by my camp spot around 12:30 am friday morning and then setting up, (I'm a very light sleeper) laughing when I woke up to see his kids tent with no rain fly and Megan kept popping up all wrapped up. But I tell you, he is a great person to meet and hang out with. Kudos for making the trip!!!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Hey Gary, I didn't see any new dents in your rig. I think the silver may be a rock shield now.

Matt, a first for me at a Round Up! No dents but did get a few scratches. But they'll touch up.

My son did get a couple dents in his FSB. Some of the trails were a bit narrow for him.

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
As far as guides, maybe we need to start running tail gunners like at Paragon. Also, maybe make CB's a mandatory item for any rig on the trail.

But personally I have no complaints, both days mine were great, and are now friends.
Todd, James, and Randy did a great job in my opinion!!!

Last edited:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
okay, i'm in total agreement with av8rds on this one. The night ride, which i did not go on, was just a cluster. Friends were left as well as broken trucks. Not good. The group photo was kind of thrown together as well. There are few things that sour goodwill more than someone that does not appreciate the effort. Fellow wheeler gets dirty to take parts off his truck that he needs and gets the other guy going only to have him be snotty about giving back. UNACCEPTABLE! complaining that you're already cleaned up and "JUST GIVE HIM YOURS"? Are you kidding me?????? i guess we're cut from different cloth up where we are but i would have been on my back in a tux to make sure he was getting fixed for his 14 hour ride home. Mine would be a back seat. MEB, you guys were the best...fortunate to call you all family. Done for now, but will be checking pics all day.....

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
I had a blast! I agree we could have done more trail riding. We had a great turnout this year. I met a bunch of people here on classics. I wish the nametags would have worked better. You had to do a lot of work to figure out who everybody was. I wheeled with tasker friday,didn't know it was him till saterday night. I love you ALL man. ;D Here are some pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0568.JPG
    IMG_0568.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    267.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0556.JPG
    IMG_0556.JPG
    243.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    233.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0550.JPG
    IMG_0550.JPG
    243.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    287 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0525.JPG
    IMG_0525.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0522.JPG
    IMG_0522.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0574.JPG
    IMG_0574.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0575.JPG
    IMG_0575.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0577.JPG
    IMG_0577.JPG
    220.8 KB · Views: 59

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
SAME HERE! you look different than you're avatar though! (but not by much) ;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
okay, i'm in total agreement with av8rds on this one. The night ride, which i did not go on, was just a cluster. Friends were left as well as broken trucks. Not good. The group photo was kind of thrown together as well. There are few things that sour goodwill more than someone that does not appreciate the effort. Fellow wheeler gets dirty to take parts off his truck that he needs and gets the other guy going only to have him be snotty about giving back. UNACCEPTABLE! complaining that you're already cleaned up and "JUST GIVE HIM YOURS"? Are you kidding me?????? i guess we're cut from different cloth up where we are but i would have been on my back in a tux to make sure he was getting fixed for his 14 hour ride home. Mine would be a back seat. MEB, you guys were the best...fortunate to call you all family. Done for now, but will be checking pics all day.....

OUCH... Sorry for the drama brother.. Definitely don't leave someone hangin on the trail. Everyone that can, chips in and helps..

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As far as guides, maybe we need to start running tail gunners like at Paragon. Also, maybe make CB's a mandatory item for any rig on the trail.

Having CBs in the guide truck and an experienced tail gunner also with CB is normal procedure..and would have been a huge help for this event where, for some reason, that was not the case. The 'keep an eye on the rig behind' rule is also SOP...

The cramped staging area and all the interference from the rain was a contributing factor for sure..its a lot easier to set up in the main field and when John, Gary and Eugene have more time fo lay out the trail instructions.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you got tha right bud....didja win anything?