• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fawl Crawl, Harlan, KY Oct 10 & 11 - PICS START on Page 6

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos invites you to attend the 11th Annual Fawl Crawl to be held at the Black Mountain Off Road Adventure Park in Harlan, KY on October 10 and 11. This is the 2nd year the Fawl Crawl has been held at Black Moutain. If you missed last year or you have not been to Black Mountain, you are in for a treat. It is over 6000 acres of former coal mining country with trails ranging from scenic park dirt/gravel roads to insane trails and obsticles. Please see this link for more Park information -

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/

Also you can see a write up of last year's Fawl Crawl event in the current issue of Bronco Driver (Issue 34) on pages 49 -51.

This year the Event HQ be at Harlan County Campground and RV Park -

http://www.harlancountycampground.com/

This campground is located at the Putney trailhead which is on the north side of the Park (last year we HQ'd at Verda Field on the south side). HCC is on the trailhead and driving to get to the park is not required! See site map. RV sites are $20 per night (3 people) and tent sites are $10 per night (2 people). Please contact HCC directly for your reservations.

There are several hotels in the area as well. See here -

http://www.harlancountytrails.com/area-hotels.php

See the MEB website for more details and to sign up -

http://www.earlybroncos.com/content/08fc.html

MEB does not charge a fee for the Fawl Crawl event however, as in past Fawl Crawl events, we are asking for a $20 donation per vehicle which will be given to Harlan County for trail maintenance and signage. There is no fee for use of the Park. We are arranging for a catered meal for Saturday night - more details to follow.

STOCKER FRIENDLY TRAILS, TOO! The Putney trailhead, and the Black Moutain Park, is located adjacent to state/national parklands with miles of very scenic gravel or dirt roads. If you have a stock or mildly modified vehicle this is an ideal place to come do some mild wheeling and scenic driving in the KY mountains.

Hope to see you there!

Gary Gibson
MEB Events Director

Here are a few pics of last year's event at Black Mountain.

Attachments

• DSC03428.jpg
    DSC03428.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03439.jpg
    DSC03439.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC03449.jpg
    DSC03449.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC03509.jpg
    DSC03509.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

ransil

Bronco Guru
Sign me up Gary.
It was a great time last year, nice trails has something for every level of vehicle.

66broncoluvr

Loc.
St. louis, MO
can't wait

I'll be there again Gary only this time with a Bronco not just a superduty! That big beast wheeled better than I thought it would! To all that have not made the haul before... it is just as nice if not better than Teilco!

Toby

ransil

Bronco Guru
I'll be there again Gary only this time with a Bronco not just a superduty! That big beast wheeled better than I thought it would! To all that have not made the haul before... it is just as nice if not better than Teilco!

Toby

its better!!!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Toby

Toby, Good to know the MO crew is coming again this year! :cool:

nhopman

Been registered for a while, but got my camp site reserved, and got most of my upgrades finished, just a little more work and the Bronco will be ready. Looking forward to it.

Nick

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Been registered for a while, but got my camp site reserved, and got most of my upgrades finished, just a little more work and the Bronco will be ready. Looking forward to it.

Nick

Nick, what "upgrade" are you going to surprise us with this time?! ;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Toby

Were you driving the superduty that nearly slid off the side of the mountain? You got way more guts than I do! We were on that trail with you.

As everybody has said here, its worth the 9 hr drive to go to this event. ATVs are welcome too!

I even bought an RV so I can camp with the crowd this year. Made my camping reservation on Sunday.

nhopman

Nick, what "upgrade" are you going to surprise us with this time?! ;D

Now if I told you it wouldn't be a surprise - - - ;)

I've been working on getting the Ram Assist setup I won at the Roundup installed. I installed the tracbar riser I got from Bernie a year or so ago, and got the ram brackets welded on last night, just need to make the hoses, install the pump and start the bleeding process. I also spent some time with a fistfull of wrenches checking bolts underneath the rig I was surprised to find quite a few of them were loose. I want to change the diff fluid in the front and install a drain plug, and I need to pull the front driveshaft and clearance it a bit for a little more flex, I think it's binding at full droop, I can see a few marks where its been hitting the CV head. I also need to get a new spare trailer tire, but other than that all I have to do is a final check of the fluids and I should be ready to go. Hope to give it a good workout in VA in a couple of weeks to make sure everything works as it should which should give me time to fix anything before the crawl.

Nick

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would it be ok if a friend in a Yota came along? I'm trying to get it arranged so that we can come, but I don't have a Bronco that can make the trip.

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
Yota shouldn't be a problem!
You guys have a great time down there! Between son's Baseball tournament and it being Bow season I am not going to be able to make it...Hope to get down to Harlen with 4 wheeler in back of Funmover towing the bronco. Whould be pretty cool to have the 4 wheeler to buz to town on!
BK

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Well, I'd love to come, but the group I wheel with is heading to Harlan Oct 23rd. Since I don't have a towrig, I get to go when and where everbody else is going. This sucks! Have fun guys.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would it be ok if a friend in a Yota came along? I'm trying to get it arranged so that we can come, but I don't have a Bronco that can make the trip.

Yep, bring the Yota. We'll line it up right behind the broncos!