• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Round-Up, Gore, VA - PICS and VIDS!

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
I spent 60, wife 20, buddy 60-80 and then Ben had a crap load of tickets and we got nothing. Last year i spent 80, wife 20, 4 of her tickets hit, only one of mine.
Brian, how many winches have you won?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
As I look around the garage sometimes it is amazing at all the stuff I have won over the years.

4 Mickey Thompson tires (twice)
4 Mickey Thompson wheels
Ready Welder system
125' synthetic winch line
Complete Power Brake Assy
WH Gorrila Warflares
Bushwacker Duraflex flares
Carpet kit
Prerunner front bumper
Complete Tiger Tool U-joint service kit
Tom's Leather Bronco seats

Plus tons of other stuff I can't recall offhand.

In the last 10 years of events I've probably bought somewhere between $600-$800 in tickets, so I'd say my return has been very good! I have had a couple years with nothing, but some years are big!:eek:

The raffles are always fun, but are certainly not why I attend. But it is really nice to walk away with some great loot after all the hard work I put in to get there and to help put on the event!

The sponsors of our events have always come though big time! I was blown away when we were able to raffle off $40K in prizes including four $1000 cash prizes during our 40th Anniversary event in 2006! That was just crazy! :eek:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I only spent around $40 for tickets%)

You mean you spent $40 on the tickets that won..right? I got tired of watching you walk all the way up there so many times..next time just sit on the prize table the whole time and wait like a vulture..;D

cesco

here is what i came home with:cool:

GC for 4 Dick Cepek wheels
GC for bronco graveyard totaling $300 (2 $100 & 2 $50)
GC for wood driveshaft totaling $300 (1 $200 & 1 $100)
a set of SS brake hoses from wildhorses

ok ok... i think that i bought about $250-300 for tickets:eek: :eek: it all goes back to the club to help pay for the awesome event that was put on... even though my luck with my bronco was in the pits this year and i only got to trail ride friday, i still had a good time and thought this year was the best event that i have been to put on by MEB.....:D

cesco

hey Randy I bought tickets right after you..
thanks for passing on the luck to me.;D ;D ;D ;D

cesco

maybe next year the club could do a pre sale on tickets and get 2 for 1:-X

OH the possibilities;) ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Funny raffle story: Liston (ChrisnWV) was sitting with us. He bought about 40 bucks or so of tickets with Danny J's (the guy that rolled the Toyota crawler in Bunny hole) money. He won the Interco 4 tire deal and a real nice Tom's steering wheel..both of which Danny J promptly came over to our table and quickly confiscated..leaving Chris empty handed with a forlorn look on his face.

So..observing this rough treatment of Chris..payback was quickly planned. The actual Interco certificate was carefully extracted from its envelope. When Danny's attention could be had with a "Hey Danny!..watch this!" the gift envelope was set on fire. He about shat his fruits. I believe the fire starter got a quick smackdown for starting a fire in the tent too..but it weren't me...and the expression on Danny's face as he thought he was watching $500 go up in flames..priceless;D

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
I spent 60, wife 20, buddy 60-80 and then Ben had a crap load of tickets and we got nothing. Last year i spent 80, wife 20, 4 of her tickets hit, only one of mine.
Brian, how many winches have you won?

I sit at the same table , spent 80 bucks, came home w/ nothing , not even a free hat/t-shirt you'll were tossing..

I'll be back next year and will still buy about the same amount of ticket's , just may sit closer to the front ,so I have a better chance of grabbing a hat or shirt.. ;D

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I am paying attention to all this so when I go next year I will know what to do and what not to do.
Don't hang out with Bill, He is a bad influence and a pyro.
If you win anything keep an eye on it.
Sit near the front.
Buying lots of tickets doesn't really mean you will get lucky.
Don't sit by cesco he has bad luck.
Help Don with the food, you get more to eat.
Don't but tickets right after Randy.
What did I miss?

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
My son Dave and I did pretty good in the raffle. Between us we had about $200 of tickets -

I won -
* The Painless harness from Wild Horses
* An EB car cover from LMC for my wife's Ranger
* $50 GC from LMC

He won -
* The Bushwacker set of 4 flares (he has an FSB so he could order them to fit his truck)
* An led tail light strip from LMC
* $100 GC from West Coast Differentials for a rear end install kit
* Set of floor mats from LMC

Funny thing was I had the first ticket drawn. I could have had several prizes which were worth more money - the ram steering set up, the MT tires, the DC-1 wheels, the Warn winch - but I am in dire need of the Painless harness! So worked out well for me - I got what I really needed.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I am paying attention to all this so when I go next year I will know what to do and what not to do.
Sit near the front.
What did I miss?

A few I can think of -

Don't mess with any woman who can kick your butt in the spark plug contest
Never invite a non-Bronco friend of a friend who drinks too much . . . ;D
Don't assume Jeff's wife doesn't understand the lingo (she does know what "cherokee on 31's" means)

You got Bill pegged, but cesco has GOOD luck . . .

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Ok so i am sitting here thinking what Cherokee on 31's could mean.?:? Think think think?:? ?:? ?:? I am slow but I think it has come to me. Are you calling someone short and wide? Or am I still not with it?

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Sit near the front.
What did I miss?

It really does only take one lucky ticket (every registerd particpant gets one with their registration), but having more certainly increases your odds of getting an early number and/or multiple numbers pulled. Like I said, buying$100 has paid off for me many times over for the past several years. Plus, when the clubs ticket sales are good, they can afford to offer up the $1000 cash prize at the end!

I saw a few staff members doing some quick number crunching during the start of the raffle to see how we'd make out after the many thousands of dollars of expenses it costs us to put this event on. Once we see we will be in the black, we offer up a nice cash prize since it has never been the goal of MEB to make money off the event, but to just be able to put in a great event and not loose money. Over the last 10 years MEB has given out at least $10K in cash prizes that I know some clubs I've been in would have bankrolled instead.

Bax, I look forward to seeing you at next years event with your cool looking rig. My Dad said you and your wife were very nice to talk to when you met at the AACA show near your place. I'm sure you will have fun at the Roundup!

oldskooldropout

Loc.
Frederick, MD
Drew and Randy,

Thanks for the parts guys.

Finally posting on this thread. It was good meeting some of you for like the hour I was there on Sat Morning. I am such a rookie still. I didn't think I was gonna get your mom transported up the hill to the Rock Crawl Drew!! My ride made it though and made me proud, after all it is a Bronco 4x4 right. ;D

Next Year I will know what I am getting into and be able to meet others.

horsewpt69, your dads ride inspired me. I talked to him for like 15 min. I am not going to lift my bronco. I am going to run 31's stock lift. It is cool seeing a family have a good time together and have a history like you do.

Anyway, see you all next year.

Jamie

L&D's Broncos

10th Roudup Thanks to All!

Gary, Bill, Drew and all the others:
I had a blast this year! Between changing axles on 60's to spotting a rock course for the first time and getting a second! I just have to say a big Thank You to everyone from the MEB that helped plan, execute and get the 10th Roundup in the books! Did I ever mention how much fun it is to attend an event and not have to do anything but have fun? ;)
Gary, Drew made it last year to our Free-4-All so we'll see you next year at Horseplay right? Thanks to all the trail leaders and to Jeremy for leading our group on Saturday and letting us play as much as we wanted on Corrum ( even though Suzy's truck got a little hot running without that fan shroud I threw out Friday! (That was the horrible sound it made right after it broke the outer Friday) Checkout the picture with all of our carnage! Not bad for the truck's 4th outing. The broke axle could not have been helped 2 weeks ago at Jellico's Rock obstacle course during the Horseplay event? Nah!
Did anyone notice all the trucks heading out after the raffle for a night ride? A big thanks goes out to Harry "Hammer Down " for inviting Thomas and I out for that night ride. After putting up with all of us all weekend the trail leaders including John (of Big Dogs) all got together for a blistering night ride to "unwind";D
Even with the storm coming in and us with no roof, we hit 4 trails faster than we hit 1 during the daytime! Harry showed us how he got the nickname and I saw what 47"s and a chainsaw could do! Trickle seemed more like a deluge that night but what a ride;D They know that park and know how fast they can run it. They showed us a different way to wheel! An early Bronco on 44's with looonnng wheelbase on those trails rides better than a lincoln town car in town! That was fun guys! Can't wait till' next year.;)

Attachments

• P6200825.JPG
    P6200825.JPG
    191.7 KB · Views: 44
  • P6200854.JPG
    P6200854.JPG
    227.4 KB · Views: 43
  • P6200856.JPG
    P6200856.JPG
    239.8 KB · Views: 41
  • P6200863.JPG
    P6200863.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 38
  • P6200895.JPG
    P6200895.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 37
  • P6200914.JPG
    P6200914.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 38
  • P6200932.JPG
    P6200932.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 37
  • P6200934.JPG
    P6200934.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 39
  • P6200965.JPG
    P6200965.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 35
  • P6200944.JPG
    P6200944.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 38
  • P6200950.JPG
    P6200950.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 34
  • P6211089.JPG
    P6211089.JPG
    201.3 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Gary, Bill, Drew and all the others:
I had a blast this year! Between changing axles on 60's to spotting a rock course for the first time and getting a second! I just have to say a big Thank You to everyone from the MEB that helped plan, execute and get the 10th Roundup in the books! Did I ever mention how much fun it is to attend an event and not have to do anything but have fun? ;)
Gary, Drew made it last year to our Free-4-All so we'll see you next year at Horseplay right? Thanks to all the trail leaders and to Jeremy for leading our group on Saturday and letting us play as much as we wanted on Corrum ( even though Suzy's truck got a little hot running without that fan shroud I threw out Friday! (That was the horrible sound it made right after it broke the outer Friday) Checkout the picture with all of our carnage! Not bad for the truck's 4th outing. The broke axle could not have been helped 2 weeks ago at Jellico's Rock obstacle course during the Horseplay event? Nah!
Did anyone notice all the trucks heading out after the raffle for a night ride? A big thanks goes out to Harry "Hammer Down " for inviting Thomas and I out for that night ride. After putting up with all of us all weekend the trail leaders including John (of Big Dogs) all got together for a blistering night ride to "unwind";D
Even with the storm coming in and us with no roof, we hit 4 trails faster than we hit 1 during the daytime! Harry showed us how he got the nickname and I saw what 47"s and a chainsaw could do! Trickle seemed more like a deluge that night but what a ride;D They know that park and know how fast they can run it. They showed us a different way to wheel! An early Bronco on 44's with looonnng wheelbase on those trails rides better than a lincoln town car in town! That was fun guys! Can't wait till' next year.;)

Donald, I would really like to see those guys in action at night! Also, I would like to come to Horseplay so I can sit back and let others worry about whether the port-a-potties show up on time! See ya at the Fawl Crawl, I hope! ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Donald I hardly got a chance to see ya and catch up on things...but I'm glad ya had a good time. Looking at some mountain properties in yr neck of the woods..I'll give ya a shout about it.

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
As I look around the garage sometimes it is amazing at all the stuff I have won over the years.

4 Mickey Thompson tires (twice)
4 Mickey Thompson wheels
Ready Welder system
125' synthetic winch line
Complete Power Brake Assy
WH Gorrila Warflares
Bushwacker Duraflex flares
Carpet kit
Prerunner front bumper
Complete Tiger Tool U-joint service kit
Tom's Leather Bronco seats

Plus tons of other stuff I can't recall offhand.

In the last 10 years of events I've probably bought somewhere between $600-$800 in tickets, so I'd say my return has been very good! I have had a couple years with nothing, but some years are big!:eek:

The raffles are always fun, but are certainly not why I attend. But it is really nice to walk away with some great loot after all the hard work I put in to get there and to help put on the event!

The sponsors of our events have always come though big time! I was blown away when we were able to raffle off $40K in prizes including four $1000 cash prizes during our 40th Anniversary event in 2006! That was just crazy! :eek:

all that and still NO rig.