• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mustang EFI - VSS "High Reference"?

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
EFI gurus; I'm in the process of installing an electric fan along with an Explorer serp conversion. I also run a conventional 88-91 Mustang MAF EFI setup. The electric fan controller I'm using has an ability to override and disable the fan at a configurable speed such as highway cruising. Having the electric fan running above 45mph or so can "theoretically" cause cavitation with the forced air coming into the radiator and actually become a hinderance with cooling. With that said, I would like to take advantage of this feature. The wiring instructions say to interface with the "High Reference" of a 2-wire sine wave speed sensor. Question is, which wire is the "High Reference" wire with the Mustang setup?

Looking at the EEC wiring diagram, #3 wire is "signal" and #6 wire is ground. Is it safe to assume #3 is "High Reference"? ?:?

Complete computer, actuator & sensor wiring diagram for 88-91 Mass Air Mustangs
http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/88-91_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You are correct. The ground of the signal generator will not provide any signal. The signal is reverenced off ground. Go for #3