• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new daily driver\trail rig

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Well, I pulled the trigger on my new daily driver that I intend on wheeling.

2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail.

I know, It's not a EB.

After getting bored with car shows, I did start taking the 74 LUBR on the green trails at Gore and RC. Blast to drive on the green trails.

Now, I've got two to wheel!

Certainly wasn't going to go with a Heep!

TN1776

Bronco Guru
The 4-runner is a great platform. I think it would actually suit my interests a little better than my EB does in ways... but I should not buy any more cars, I have 3 and the EB gets neglected too much as it is.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Heep, Rice Burner, same thing right? lol J/K

Congrats I think ;)

OP
OP
muskrat

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Heep, Rice Burner, same thing right? lol J/K

Congrats I think ;)

Yes, rice burner. My father in law is a died in the wool Ford guy. Been selling Fords all his life on the big island in Hawaii, but the new explorer is not an SUV, its a car, regardless of the family discount.

Other than the 4 door Wrangler, there are no more body on frame SUV's built by American manufacturers. The Heep Grand Cherokee is a unibody now also.

I suppose if I was an auto executive, I might not build a body on frame SUV either. The car chassis cross overs are bigger and ride nicer for all the suburbanites that drive around the malls. Plus, other than me and a few others, who actually takes their newer SUV's off road?

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I seen a few folks take their new vehicles like an FJ off road. And scratched/dented it up pretty good whoops :)

Hope your new DD works good for ya brother

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Glad to see I'm not the only one:)

the Wife's FJ gets road pretty hard. My oldish (2008) single wheel diesel tow unit has been places that folks left there wheelin rig and walked.... Part of the reason i went with a dually this time, I'm less likely to say "yeah I can drive there" it just doesn't fit... hahahaha