• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks rshapnm, I hadn't thought of that. Has anybody else spent $15k on a bronco. I feel guilty spending the money, what can I say I'm a girl (we worry) :p

Seen people spend up to $30k on an old EB, so yeah it's been done...

Broncitis

MEB Founder
In the big picture, $15K on a "used car" is not much. You will not get much in a "modern" car, and it will only depreciate.

An EB however, if in nice shape, will appreciate in value.

There are lots of folks on here who have spend much more than $15K on the base Bronco. And many times more who have spent a lot more than that restoring or customizing one!

If it is a solid vehicle in nice condition that will make you happy, $15K is cheap compared to restoring or building one!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Thanks rshapnm, I hadn't thought of that. Has anybody else spent $15k on a bronco. I feel guilty spending the money, what can I say I'm a girl (we worry) :p

Jane:
I am trying to help a guy here in So Cal look for his first Bronco....he wants to spend $20K...so yes..people spend that much on Broncos.

And why not...they are so worth it!! ;D

FRKNSTYN

Loc.
Williamsburg
I did and it was the best money I ever spent. I sold an original 72 Lemans in perfect condition that I had owned for 17 years. I have wanted an EB for as long as I can remember. My father had 2 of them and I just had to have one.

cactushorse

I feel for you. I'm worried about how much more remorse/regret you will have after finally finding it and passing up getting it back.

He doesn't sound like he is in any hurry to sell it. Maybe you could work the deal out where he gives you a few months or more to scrape together more cash.

Dude sounds like a solid Bronco Brother so I'm sure he understands your attachment to it.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well my sweet husband has been speaking to the owner, and together they'be been working on the deal to surprise me with the bronco. My husband had to fess-up however, because I do the finance ;D...

The owner is seriously a bronco brother: he wants first right of refusal. That is, I can't sell the bronco to anybody without first seeing if he wants to purhcase it back. Also, he wanted us to see lots more photos so we could see what we were getting.

This is definitely my bronco...see that crazy cup-holder dangling near the steering column? My dad installed two of these. I can still remember my mom and him always had a drink, usually a bloody Mary or white Russian, as we hit the trails in the bronco, us girls in the back seat. Love it.

I can tell that the owner does not want to sell this baby; he's really torn up about it. There's still the issue of the financing, which isn't much of an issue, so I'm not sure...

Here some pics for your viewing pleaseure:

2012-06-06_22-59-17_376.jpg

2012-06-06_22-59-35_554.jpg

2012-06-06_22-59-53_428.jpg

2012-06-06_23-00-05_424.jpg

2012-06-06_23-00-14_35.jpg

2012-06-06_23-00-32_7.jpg

2012-06-06_23-00-41_137.jpg

2012-06-06_23-00-52_497.jpg

2012-06-06_23-01-19_581.jpg

2012-06-06_23-01-34_829.jpg

2012-06-06_23-02-02_981.jpg

2012-06-06_23-02-10_286.jpg

2012-06-06_23-06-54_889.jpg

Last edited:

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Awesome, looks in pretty good condition also. What a good husband you have

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Great golly wally....good hubby yee got there for sure!!! xx2 on looks like he took real good care of it.....I am happy for ya....hopin it all works out....

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Jane:
I am trying to help a guy here in So Cal look for his first Bronco....he wants to spend $20K...so yes..people spend that much on Broncos.

And why not...they are so worth it!! ;D

Right, all you have to do if you want to sell it again, is drive it to cali and ask double what you paid for it. :)

On a more serious note, a well restored EB is easily worth 40-50k (with people asking and getting a whole lot more than that) and people will spend that coin for one that has been well restored.

Looking at those pictures though, I think you can match that Bronco in a 3 party transaction for less than 15k. Not that the Bronco is not worth 15k (on the top end) but I think you could match it for 9-12k from someone looking to sell.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
It obviously has been cared for and the guy seems like a Bronco Brother for sure as he is very accomodating to your situation. I hope both of you end up happy in the end!!

Oh, and sorry...I thought your name was Jane....but I see it is Valerie. :-[

N747JB

I've got $15K in mine and it's nowhere near finished!!
I had a similar situation a few years ago, my dad bought a new Cessna 182 in 1973, he learned to fly in it, in 1984, I began flying in that airplane. We traded it for a bigger plane in 1992 and moved on. Well my son is learning to fly so I track down the old 182 in Nevada. Nice guy, he said he would sell it if the price was right.;) anyway, I passed and bought one locally that is very nice and my son is enjoying the experience. If it works out great, if it doesn't, do like I'm doing build one like the one you had! ;)
In your case, if I were going to buy or build, I would try to buy your old one back, it looks like a nice one and $15K isn't bad if it's a good truck.;)

JackHoleRacer

Loc.
Phoenix

Hey Val! I spent that kinda cash getting my fathers bronco (that we built together) after he passed. It was ugly (the circumstances not bronco), but so worth it. Never Regretted It! Not Lookin Back!
If you can swing it, DO IT! Theres always more money to make, Only ONE DADS BRONCO!;D

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
As a car nut, I speak from experience: I have bought two new cars in my life, and they're worth less now than when I bought 'em. I have three old Fords now, and all of 'em are worth far MORE than when I bought 'em.

You won't regret buying the Bronco, but I guaran-damn-tee ya... you'll regret passing it up!

Good luck to you!

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
As a car nut, I speak from experience: I have bought two new cars in my life, and they're worth less now than when I bought 'em. I have three old Fords now, and all of 'em are worth far MORE than when I bought 'em.

You won't regret buying the Bronco, but I guaran-damn-tee ya... you'll regret passing it up!

Good luck to you!

I agree, I am always surprised to read the stories of guys that pour 30k into their truck and can't get the money back out. I have always sold my projects for more than I pour into them. I have always viewed vintage vehicles as a good investment. Now that being said, I never get my labor back out of them, but I at least get my hard cash and then some out of them. I guess it has a lot to do with location and the market.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL

Yep, the body and paint seems to be a little nicer, interior is nicer except for those hideous seats. I would be keeping the seats from your truck in that swap though. He would definitely be getting a good deal trading for that, assuming that their is no hidden rust and the pictures are reflective. If it truly is a Ranger it's a plus as well. Again the listing owner on this truck is going to be more flexible on price. Man it really looks like everything is lining up on this one. This has been a great story.