• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

SP66

Bronco Guru
If I understand correctly you were looking at $12,500 as an offer. He suggested $15,000---you are not very far apart. I say make an appt. to go visit your Bronco, show him your serious and get a deal done. Even if you end up at full asking price, which I think you won't, it's a small premium to pay for the one you want. Bringing a 3rd person/Bronco into the trade will only muddy the waters. 14-15k is not too much for a well taken care of, hardly used Bronco you desire. It will always be worth $15,000 to someone in the future. It looks nice and you found it, go bring it home and enjoy it for the next 30 years.:D

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
This has got to be one of the best stories in CB history! I'm thrilled that it's working out!

Have the current owner sign up on here! He might even find his replacement in the classifieds! :cool:

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The above idea is looking all the better now....;)

My husband was beginning to write the story, back when the bronco was still missing, in the hopes of helping to locate it. Now that the bronco has been found, he's going to write it a little differently; hopefully with pictures of me next to it ;D

This has got to be one of the best stories in CB history! I'm thrilled that it's working out!

Have the current owner sign up on here! He might even find his replacement in the classifieds! :cool:

Thanks JGbronco, that's kind-a how I feel. ;D

I haven't turned him on to CB yet, cuz I'm afraid he'll change his mind (for whatever reason). As soon as the deal is done, one way or the other that is, I will point him to CB and this thread for the story of "our" bronco.

I guess like Bronconumber2 mentioned, I don't want to muddy the waters; with anything. ;)

orangecrush4u

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shelter Island, NY
My husband was beginning to write the story, back when the bronco was still missing, in the hopes of helping to locate it. Now that the bronco has been found, he's going to write it a little differently; hopefully with pictures of me next to it ;D

Thanks JGbronco, that's kind-a how I feel. ;D

I haven't turned him on to CB yet, cuz I'm afraid he'll change his mind (for whatever reason). As soon as the deal is done, one way or the other that is, I will point him to CB and this thread for the story of "our" bronco.

I guess like Bronconumber2 mentioned, I don't want to muddy the waters; with anything. ;)

;D;D;D thats the spirit

Nightstick

Bronco guy
I'm glad you found your old bronco! And like others have said $15k ain't a whole lot considering the kind of shape it's in and what it means to you. Good luck!

G's Baja Bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sunny SO CAL
Great to hear it is working out, 15k sound like a deal, specially in so Cali, prices are crazy around here!

good job!! and SALUDOS (greetings) to your Hubby!! :cool:

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm glad you found your old bronco! And like others have said $15k ain't a whole lot considering the kind of shape it's in and what it means to you. Good luck!

Thank you Nightstick :-*

Great to hear it is working out, 15k sound like a deal, specially in so Cali, prices are crazy around here!

good job!! and SALUDOS (greetings) to your Hubby!! :cool:

Thanks G's. I'm guessing people from CA just purchase out-of-state right?

Crap--go away for a few days and see what happens. Congrats!!!!

I know, how exciting is this?! I'm super-stoked and really hope to see my bronco within the next few weeks.

OldBlue77

If I understand correctly you were looking at $12,500 as an offer. He suggested $15,000---you are not very far apart. I say make an appt. to go visit your Bronco, show him your serious and get a deal done. Even if you end up at full asking price, which I think you won't, it's a small premium to pay for the one you want. Bringing a 3rd person/Bronco into the trade will only muddy the waters. 14-15k is not too much for a well taken care of, hardly used Bronco you desire. It will always be worth $15,000 to someone in the future. It looks nice and you found it, go bring it home and enjoy it for the next 30 years.:D

Well said Bronconumber2! Such a good story has to have a happy ending. Go get it, and good luck!

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Congrat on finding it. I hope it works out for you. I have been thinking of looking for my father-in-laws 67 GTO.

I hope it works out for you.

bptommy

Loc.
Arlington, TX
I'm crossing my fingers and saying my prayers your able to work out a deal with the owner and get your bronco home to its proper stable ...good luck

ford man

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Leesburg Ga
I keep hoping to look at this post and see you reunited with your bronco good luck hope it works out for you.

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
That Bronco will easily appraise for over $15K and probably close to $20K. You could esily get financed if you have an appraisal for the bank to look at. Problem is that you dont want to do that while the other guy still owns it as he will see what it is worth so you will have to do it after the fact. I sold a Bronco and had it appraised for the buyer so he could get financed and unrestored but cleaned up it came in at $18K so that gives you an idea. If you end up getting your EB back and need an appraisal I can hook you up with the guy I used when you come back thru Colorado. I think it was $175 which came with all pics, documentation and certification in a nice folder. That will also help for Insurance reasons as well.

Do what others have said. Make an appointment to go look at it and have cash in hand to get the deal done and the title in your hands so he doesnt have time to re-think the deal. Do whatever takes to get the cash you need to get the deal done.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks everyone. I'm still "reflecting" on the purchase. It's a hard pill to swallow if you know what I mean. The owner won't be back for a week, so I'm forced to wait and think hard about what I want to do. This is a good thing for me; patience. While I wait, I continue to search for other broncos. Sometimes I can actually see myself in them :)

These days, I'm really enjoying the hunt! ;D

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for the tips Dan. I didn't even know about the ksl site :-[

jray

Blamejane, this is a fantastic thread. I don't think I have ever sat down and read one from start to finish like this. I hope you get it back, I will be watching the thread for the rest of the story. The present owner sounds like a good guy. He can't be too bad, anyone notice the Palin sign in the first picture of the Bronco in his shop?

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
BLamejane ...I am sadto here such a story..I do not have kids myself....but I did have a dad....and I do own a coupleofbroncos....I too was young once...and had my headwhereitfit my belt line..LOL..It really can't be to dang hard as it was eye catching.......Anyways...Welcome..most ofthe guys here mean well....and They ALL LOVE EARLY BRONCOS.....WHICH ISA HARD THING....NOT TO DO....LOL