• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

TwoDalesDad

Bronco Guru
Wow..I am so happy youfound your rig......now hold on tight....If I can help I am from Socal and havemany friends...good luck...

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Blamejane, this is a fantastic thread. I don't think I have ever sat down and read one from start to finish like this. I hope you get it back, I will be watching the thread for the rest of the story. The present owner sounds like a good guy. He can't be too bad, anyone notice the Palin sign in the first picture of the Bronco in his shop?

Thanks jray! I'm in the process of saving my pennies, selling things, and just generally scrounging up funds to purhcase a bronco. I don't know if it'll be mine, chances are it wont unless I can talk the owner down a whole lot more. I'm happy to have found it, and it was soooo excited when I got that email. My husband and I immediately noticed the Palin sign ;D

BLamejane ...I am sadto here such a story..I do not have kids myself....but I did have a dad....and I do own a coupleofbroncos....I too was young once...and had my headwhereitfit my belt line..LOL..It really can't be to dang hard as it was eye catching.......Anyways...Welcome..most ofthe guys here mean well....and They ALL LOVE EARLY BRONCOS.....WHICH ISA HARD THING....NOT TO DO....LOL

Thanks TwoDales, everyone here has been super supportive. Because of them I never doubted that my bronco would be found. It was hard to believe, but many said we'd find it; and we did! I wish everyone's lost bronco could be found, as there are some many brothers with similar regrets of selling their first EB. I've been super lucky.

Wow..I am so happy youfound your rig......now hold on tight....If I can help I am from Socal and havemany friends...good luck...

We have the story to submit to Bronco Driver, but the ending hasn't been settled...so we wait to see which way it goes. Thanks for your support!

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not to bore you guys to death, but I just got this video and pics of my bronco and I thought I'd post them...

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/3o-imOpFvZQ

2012-06-18_17-19-56_62.jpg

2012-06-18_17-20-05_286.jpg

2012-06-18_17-20-21_66.jpg

2012-06-18_17-20-29_363.jpg

2012-06-18_17-20-38_161.jpg

2012-06-18_17-20-52_946.jpg

2012-06-18_17-21-49_146.jpg

2012-06-18_17-22-17_93.jpg

2012-06-18_17-27-39_203.jpg

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Nice looking Bronco! Congrats again on finding it and I truly hope you are able to get it back!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
not boring at all we like pics. looks to still be in really good shape

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks guys. I'm not an engine person, but I think the motor sounds pretty good. Let me know if any of you feel otherwise.

Also, I found out about the registration. It was as someone here on CB suggested (can't remember who), but the owner dropped the insurance on the bronco back in 2001, when he purchased a new vehicle. The state of Texas does not allow a vehicle to be registered without proof of insurance. Hence, the owner starts it up once a month and drives it around the neighborhood (without registration), staying off the main roads. So I guess that answers that.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
very cool... he's tempting you ain't he w/them Pics and video....

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
The current owner is literally "dangling the carrot" with those pics and video...

Nice rig... Hope he sees the light and changes to a fair price

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes, I'm very tempted (again). Back-n-forth, back-n-forth. Sorry to jerk you guys around, bare with me. So far, I'm not finding a bronco that I love enough to purchase, and finding one is the only thing that's gonna keep me from purchasing my baby. So I wait, and look at pics ;D

Okay last pics...I promise!

I asked for photos of the floor pans:

2012-06-19_18-50-20_315.jpg

2012-06-19_18-49-50_749.jpg

Tasty Geezer

I really want to see a pic of you in the driver seat as well!!!...that would be one helluva story!

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
what are you waiting for.....................go get that beauty !

If you don't, I bet the guy realizes he really doesn't need the thing and sells it to somebody else

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Yes, I'm very tempted (again). Back-n-forth, back-n-forth. Sorry to jerk you guys around, bare with me. So far, I'm not finding a bronco that I love enough to purchase, and finding one is the only thing that's gonna keep me from purchasing my baby. So I wait, and look at pics ;D

Okay last pics...I promise!

I asked for photos of the floor pans:

Keep em coming, do what you gotta do.. Thats what we is here for.. ;)

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've spent some time on the phone with the current owner. He had just finished replacing the valve seals on the bronco, and wanted to let me know he would be instaling the heater core as well, and then she'd be good to go. He and his daughter also washed and waxed it. I received an email of the two of them washing the bronco. I would have posted this, cuz it's super sweet photo, but not without his permission.

I can't tell you what an stand-up guy I think he is for doing this work "after-the-fact". I mean, he could have left all of this for me to do. It's nice to know there are people like this, who care about doing things right. I know he hates to see the bronco go, and I don't know if he'll be replacing it with something as nice. I know his priorities are his family, and with two young kids you can't just blow the entire wad. Still my fingers are crossed that I haven't taken away one of our bronco brothers.

My husband should be picking up the bronco sometime tomorrow. I'm sooooo excited!! ;D

Sporto

So you're buying it back for real? Is that what I am reading here? Wow! What an amazing story!! Certainly one for the books!

Good luck and have fun!

Rich

:cool:

SP66

Bronco Guru
I've spent some time on the phone with the current owner. He had just finished replacing the valve seals on the bronco, and wanted to let me know he would be instaling the heater core as well, and then she'd be good to go. He and his daughter also washed and waxed it. I received an email of the two of them washing the bronco. I would have posted this, cuz it's super sweet photo, but not without his permission.

I can't tell you what an stand-up guy I think he is for doing this work "after-the-fact". I mean, he could have left all of this for me to do. It's nice to know there are people like this, who care about doing things right. I know he hates to see the bronco go, and I don't know if he'll be replacing it with something as nice. I know his priorities are his family, and with two young kids you can't just blow the entire wad. Still my fingers are crossed that I haven't taken away one of our bronco brothers.

My husband should be picking up the bronco sometime tomorrow. I'm sooooo excited!! ;D
WOW-this is exciting, enjoy!:)