• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
You guys are all floating, I am sure. i wish I was closer to lend a hand with the replacement Bronco! What comes around, goes around and in this case, it is a lot of positive gestures! Congrats all around, and enjoy!

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Man, what a find. All solid too; totally jealous!

Godspeed to your hubby's travels back to Montana.

P.S. this sounds like a story very worthy of Bronco Driver!

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Great story and a great ending. The world needs better stories like this, instead of the crap you see on the news. Way to go Jane!!! Keep us posted on your new adventures in your "old" Bronco!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Testing...
2012-06-24_18-47-35_607.jpg

Nice ride.... :)

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
congratulation !!

Awesome story ! Best thread all year & absolutely a story for Bronco Driver !!

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
HOLY COW! WOW WOW!

Val and Brad, congrats on pulling this off. I would be hard-pressed to sell mine to anyone, but after reading this, no question I would give it up in a similar situation.

Thanks for the inspiration! ;D

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Val you and your hubby found a needle in a haystack.... and then to find a guy like Brad to work with you.... gets me a little choked up! Way to go!

On a more personal note I was not one of the fortunate ones who grew up with Broncos... but if it wasn't for my father I would not have the Bronco I have.....

My father passed in 1990 and left my sister and I around @10k a piece. My sister went and bought a 21' Sea-ray boat and I bought this junked out 1973 Ford Bronco. I spent 9 months doing a frame off restore and all along when the going got tough working with vendors, finding hard to find parts, blood, sweat and tears all I could hear in the back of my mind (from my father) FINISH WHAT YOU START!

I have had that Bronco now for 21 years and have been able to share it's adventures with my kids, family and friends. I think of my father often when on my adventures and wish he was still on this earth.

I applaud your effort Val to pull those memories back and make new ones!

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I asked this question once before but it was too early to ask Brad....does the Bronco still have the cool custom striped bikini top and rear cover from the old pics???

2wheelbob

I have really enjoyed reading this thread. Val you and your hubby found a needle in a haystack.... and then to find a guy like Brad to work with you.... gets me a little choked up! Way to go!

On a more personal note I was not one of the fortunate ones who grew up with Broncos... but if it wasn't for my father I would not have the Bronco I have.....

My father passed in 1990 and left my sister and I around @10k a piece. My sister went and bought a 21' Sea-ray boat and I bought this junked out 1973 Ford Bronco. I spent 9 months doing a frame off restore and all along when the going got tough working with vendors, finding hard to find parts, blood, sweat and tears all I could hear in the back of my mind (from my father) FINISH WHAT YOU START!

I have had that Bronco now for 21 years and have been able to share it's adventures with my kids, family and friends. I think of my father often when on my adventures and wish he was still on this earth.

That's what old cars are ALL about right there! The memories!!

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Motoman, that's a great story and a certainly something to live by! Glad to hear you never parted with the bronco. The memories are PRICELESS and dad is watching :)

I asked this question once before but it was too early to ask Brad....does the Bronco still have the cool custom striped bikini top and rear cover from the old pics???

Bronco Junkie I was as anxious as you to ask that question. I finally asked Brad about it on last Saturday when we first spoke, and unfortunately it is not available. He said it wasn't in the bronco when he acquired it. I'm a little dissappointed, but not surprised as that was a long time ago. One of my first orders of business is to have another custom made. At least that's the plan.

That's what old cars are ALL about right there! The memories!!

xxx2, aint that the truth!

yes sir and if Brad needs help getting it across country i will try and help in what ever way i can

Skiddy, that's super generous of you. I just spoke with Brad's wife Erin (sp?), the bronco is loaded and they're all out for Tex Mex! I told Erin that we on CB were all working on getting Brad into a new rig. She said he's super excited about that!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
A-TEAM....."I love it when a plan comes together"....right on....:cool:

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
That's too bad about the custom top...but it has been awhile. That would have been the cherry on top of a really big sundae!! Cool that you have plans to replace it....total 70's. I love it!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
HOLY COW! WOW WOW!

Val and Brad, congrats on pulling this off. I would be hard-pressed to sell mine to anyone, but after reading this, no question I would give it up in a similar situation.

Thanks for the inspiration! ;D

My records show that you got a white '69 Sport that loves to let black female Lab's drive it around:-X.....When can I come pick it up.:D...I think it was mine in the late '70's.......;D

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
My records show that you got a white '69 Sport that loves to let black female Lab's drive it around:-X.....When can I come pick it up.:D...I think it was mine in the late '70's.......;D

Prove it Gene and it's yours... for the right price dude! ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Well it had a banged up left front fender....lets see...end of the frame had bumper hole pulled out and new hole drilled to off set bumper....Got a bullit hole in there too....LOL....;D