• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw one in Saline, LA two weeks ago that was similar to that. Saline, LA is about 4-1/2 hours from Richardson, TX. The possibility is there. I didn't get any pics, unfortunately. Very similar, though. I think it was on LA Hwy 9 going through town. If anyone lives near Saline, LA and can help...

Thanks Bullitt94, I will definitely research this. I had no idea how close Saline LA was, so this has potential...

How fun is this!

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Jim Holy never had that rig. When was it sold? I looked at an orange Bronco back in the late 80's off of Look Out Drive by Custer near Renner road. I was poor/broke and married at the time. WOW things change. ;) Shoot me a PM

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Jim Holy never had that rig. When was it sold? I looked at an orange Bronco back in the late 80's off of Look Out Drive by Custer near Renner road. I was poor/broke and married at the time. WOW things change. ;) Shoot me a PM

Thanks Shamu, PM sent.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have to stick my dawg nose in this one... Good Luck Jane! This crew is the best! :)

Thanks BronCowie, and you ain't kiddin'. Talk about support pantyhose...

The folks here have been amazing (and fun)!

Jr.mudflinger

Loc.
Oakley, CA
Good luck, blamejane! I can't wait to hear of the out come. These guys on here definitely know what they're doing. You'll find her!

Colton

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
You never know what these guys pick up on .... They might run a line for ya???

http://www.broncodriver.com/

the magazine for you!

We Need You!

Not only does Bronco Driver Magazine welcome submissions, we encourage them. Send us any and all Bronco-related content today!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
What an excellent idea...and why didn't I think of this?!

Here I am trying to get my bronco back, and it doesn't even occur to me to think about the press. Thanks half cab.

He has his moments sometimes;D

EBTX

Just wanted to update. Well the car lot is still there but has changed ownership (probably multiple times). The building is now home to Dallas Roadster. 404 North Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75081. I spoke with Joe who is the man in charge on the phone. He said they had been in the building about 15 years and assumed that there were multiple owners in that building before they got there but he couldn't tell me anything about that time. They sell import cars now. Another similar car lot a couple of doors down that I know was there in the late 80's/early 90's is now an AT&T Wireless store. So unfortunately that has turned into a dead end for you on my end.

re: bikini top - Now remember Jane its been 20 years so I can not 100% say the bikini top was on your Bronco but I am certain that one of the two that we saw there did have one. As I said it wasn't common yet or at least to my recollection in Dallas at the time so I took notice to the top.

Short of a long lost memory popping back into my head I am afraid my help may have just dried up. Anything else I might be able to do for you here just ask.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man...great story...good luck!

Thanks MartyG.

EBTX said:
Just wanted to update. Well the car lot is still there but has changed ownership (probably multiple times). The building is now home to Dallas Roadster. 404 North Central Expressway, Richardson, TX 75081. I spoke with Joe who is the man in charge on the phone. He said they had been in the building about 15 years and assumed that there were multiple owners in that building before they got there but he couldn't tell me anything about that time. They sell import cars now. Another similar car lot a couple of doors down that I know was there in the late 80's/early 90's is now an AT&T Wireless store. So unfortunately that has turned into a dead end for you on my end.

re: bikini top - Now remember Jane its been 20 years so I can not 100% say the bikini top was on your Bronco but I am certain that one of the two that we saw there did have one. As I said it wasn't common yet or at least to my recollection in Dallas at the time so I took notice to the top.

Short of a long lost memory popping back into my head I am afraid my help may have just dried up. Anything else I might be able to do for you here just ask.

Your efforts are much appreciated EBTX, and this is at least some news right? We can cross this path off of the list and try something else. Again, thanks so much for you help.

Another "no go" is I heard bck from the Toy of Richardson GM, and he was sorry that they couldn't help. Here's his reply...

"Sorry Valerie, our records do not go back that far. I have no idea how to find it.

Steve"

:-[

It's not over...we'll keep looking!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Good Luck finding it as well and welcome to the site! Awesome group on here for sure. Just skimmed the story quickly and hopefully it turns up.

Maybe Nightstick could punch some numbers and get somewhere??? Just a thought! ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I still say if you can keep shamu dialed in on this he could come up with a lead..;)

And where is Izzy.....He does all shamu's dirty work.:eek:

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Yeah, my thought was to have a law enforcement type run the VIN and see if they can locate it. A nice lady at the DMV was very helpful as well. You may have already tried these routes, but thought I would throw them out anyway.

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
'Sorry for the hijack Jane, but y'll find we do this here! ;D

It's all good.

Punisher and broncoitis, thanks for the support!

Half cab I think shamu is on this, but I'm not sure in what way. Still got my fingers crossed here.

Chief MS thanks for the tips. I am trying the VIN/law enforcement route, but I'm curious what you mean by using the DMV?