• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

newbie looking for her old bronco...FOUND IT...pics 6/19/12

markperry

Bronco Guru
Awesome story! Hope you can get it back, but it sounds like he is just as attached to it as you are. If you can't get it back at least you know he is taking very good care of it.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Awesome that you found it. I would keep in touch with them a lot just in case something changes and they decide to sell it for a reasonable amount. At least you know that someone has enjoyed it and taken care of it. Looks great.

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
Glad you found it , and in such a great shape!. Now you have the chance to get it back, seems tha the current owner does not have yet the attachment you have to it. Good luck and great detective work.;D

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Well I haven't been in on the conversation thus far but I have been watching the thread. Congratulations on finding it, and in good shape at that. Always cool to see where a vehicle goes. I frequently wonder where my '70 has been and if anyone misses it.

Now on with the search. If you can't get that one you got to find another one for the mean time. ;)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Amazing! I'm super happy for you! This story has turned out great!

If I were you, I think I'd have to go on a selling spree. ;D

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He sounds like a really nice guy, but here's the plan. Midnight run with the flatbed trailer and we leave a mason jar full of cash in the carport....... Who's in?????

Crack me up...I love it!

Everyone, thanks for your comments. I can't stop smiling, just thinking about my bronco. I really want it back, I'm hoping that I can afford it. I don't even want to think anything else at the moment...but, as some of you have said, at least I know where she it; some closure to my mistake of trading her in.

Here's my question, I have it from two authories that my bronco (VIN checked) has not been registered in Texas since 2001. And yet here she is in my old town of plano, Texas; clearly being driven on the streets. How can this be?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Crack me up...I love it!

Everyone, thanks for your comments. I can't stop smiling, just thinking about my bronco. I really want it back, I'm hoping that I can afford it. I don't even want to think anything else at the moment...but, as some of you have said, at least I know where she it; some closure to my mistake of trading her in.

Here's my question, I have it from two authories that my bronco (VIN checked) has not been registered in Texas since 2001. And yet here she is in my old town of plano, Texas; clearly being driven on the streets. How can this be?

Antique Vehicle tag, maybe?

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Maybe there's a type-o in the VIN registered in the gov database?

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
That is Awesome!

Can't believe that you found your old Bronco! How cool is that? Looks like it is in pretty nice shape for sure and has been taken care of no doubt. I guess at this point, you have a big question on your hands about what to do!

Good Luck with whatever decision you make! Would be awesome to get it back for sure! Just to be sure, were there any tell tale marks that you remember that would identify the truck for you no matter what? Like a scratch in the windshield etc.... ;D

70_Steve

Old Guy
Congrats Valerie on finding your Bronco!!!! I had no doubt, given enough time and your determination, that you'd find it!

Just curious... How did you track down this guy's name to email him?

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Wow....been following this thread. Sort of a bitter-sweet conclusion. The guy does sound like a nice guy and at least he seems to be honest and up front about selling the Bronco. Hope you can afford it somehow. But AT LEAST you know what happened to it. Seems like you can take the next step now.... whatever that may be. Good luck!!!

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Congrats Valerie! If nothing else, make the guy promise to put you first in line should he decide to sell it in the future. Maybe some of the Bronco brothers from down this way can take a look at it and take some more pictures for you.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
That's awesome, congrats on finding it so fast.

I think you should find one in the same shape or better and offer to trade the guy for your old one.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
That's awesome, congrats on finding it so fast.

I think you should find one in the same shape or better and offer to trade the guy for your old one.

Congrats on finding from me as well%) and now thats a thought right there now%)

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
WOW! Nice find but good luck getting it back. Unfortunately, if the guy has owned it for the past 16 years he's got his own emotional attachments to the truck. I suppose that everyone has their price so I guess it boils down to how much you're willing/able to invest to get it back.

Good luck!

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
I have a dually and a goose neck trailer covered in radar absorbing material, very stealthy. He has kids, do we leave the mason jar full of cash and some tickets to disney. Kids will be so happy to go see Mickey he will not even miss the bronco. Just a thought.....

Scott

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
One step at time;)...Looking%)...found:eek:...next OWN IT AGAIN;D....right Valerie?;)